News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

A fully functional stadium is going to be late and over budget. Nobody will be walking there from the city for a while.
that's the bridge you're referring to?

Given that's about 3.3% of the overall budget for the project it would be well within the contingency budget which is usually around 25%.

If the stadium management didn't make it sound like the stadium was full of 80,000 screaming fans with that sound system then they are making a mistake.

It could be a massive advantage for the home sides each week, making the world shake when they kick a goal or build up the volume as the home side player is about to tackle the opposition ball carrier.

And of course... the "BALLLL!!" button right in the middle for the operator to lean on whenever an opposition player is touched.

I know it sounds like I'm joking but it will have a material difference in results for us.
I won't say which team, but they are from WA and don't wear purple, years ago asked me about how to engender greater crowd participation. They rated the crowd goals as having as much impact as Sumich (at the time). Quite rightly too.

I can't believe you guys have no faith in our government!

Admittedly they have had some issues with the bridge...

Construction_Goes_Wrong_21.jpg

But never fear, the contingency is almost complete...

bridges%20in%20northern%20pakistan.JPG

And they've also purchased a bunch of backup contingencies from the Federal government...

w460.jpg

dunno about you lot but I've usually paid my membership for next year by now
the way they are playing silly buggers with the contract negotiations for the new stadium will have to start impacting either clubs cash flow at some stage
surely these clowns can nut out a deal soon ,

Last edited:
If the AFL want a stake in every thing that's held at the stadium maybe they should buy it I'm sure Gil can come up with $1.5b.

This whole fiasco wouldn't be here if Barnett had of transferred the stadium management from Domain to Perth Stadium rather than getting another entity in the whole process.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

the thing that annoys me is that he big end of town is bickering about who gets to share the pie
with scant regard paid to the people who are paying for it ,us the taxpayers and members, throwing around threats of staying at subi gets my goat
put your egos aside fellas and look after the punters

Government needs to knock down Subi before next season. Send some inspection peoples in and condemn the thing.

Yeah. That sort of thing. Also tell the AFL they will have to pay full costs for police etc. Also tell them no public transport and no extra parking - people would just stop showing up because it would be a nightmare to get in and out.

i can't help but think that due to the incompetence of the WAFC in the past , the AFL thinks well just roll over as and cop it as we have done previously
im not big on rampant parochialism but the we really have been shafted over here ,the VICS seem to look at us as a meal ticket

its gotta stop

i can't help but think that due to the incompetence of the WAFC in the past , the AFL thinks well just roll over as and cop it as we have done previously
im not big on rampant parochialism but the we really have been shafted over here ,the VICS seem to look at us as a meal ticket

its gotta stop
I think it will stop next year. Subi was a cash cow for footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see the West Coast one, but not ours.

And those prices for WC memberships......mother of god

The cheapest reserved seat is $390 which is obviously nosebleeds at the ends. 2nd tier on the wing is $1650 and that's if you exclude the seats that are 'POA' which I assume are the ZJ seats - if you have to ask, you can't afford it. They're already a financial monolith, if they sell all their 50k seats then they're going to make every other sporting club in Australia look like Manangatang thirds.

The cheapest reserved seat is $390 which is obviously nosebleeds at the ends. 2nd tier on the wing is $1650 and that's if you exclude the seats that are 'POA' which I assume are the ZJ seats - if you have to ask, you can't afford it. They're already a financial monolith, if they sell all their 50k seats then they're going to make every other sporting club in Australia look like Manangatang thirds.

Our one loaded and the prices are the same. I hope these prices are incorrect

Our one loaded and the prices are the same. I hope these prices are incorrect

That would be mental. The Weagles might be able to get away with charging that and still fill the ground, but we wouldn't.

Edit: I just loaded ours and they're slightly cheaper, but still much pricier than Subi.

Another edit: They're actually much cheaper than the Eagles. We have stacks of seats at $249 and $329. It's the top end seats that are a big bump up in price.

Last edited:

I was just wondering that. The same block was 720 for WC and 210 for us

Why is it so different

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ummmm am i missing something. They look identicle

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I should have specified I meant the amount of detail in particular the VIP areas. It wasn't like this a few hours ago Freo must have updated it because it literally just said 11 game admission when you clicked on any block without any more details...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back