News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Bought tickets up the back of level 510 for 7 people, chose them specifically on ticketmaster because they were in amongst dozens and dozens of dark blue dots (seats for sale) so knew we wouldn't be scrunched in. A few moved up there when it started to rain but not many. But if 510 is typical of other level 5 seats I'd say it near impossible you'd ever get wet up there, the rain would need to be coming in horizontally, its a looong way from the air gap behind, and the roof covers a loong way ground side.

Living south of the river we decided to try the buses last night. Took the bus to Canning Bridge and then jumped on the train from there. Saved about 15mins on the trip home.

Same. Did that for the Gold Coast game as well and it is much quicker as long as you don't mind standing on the bus and train.

It’s a crowd control technique that’s used all over the world to avoid crushes. Pretty sure folks should be able to cope with the inconvenience.

Tell that to the oldies and the not so fit who find the extra walk very difficult. Doesn't make any sense what so ever and talking to some of the attendants last night they feel the same way. Its not used at the MCG or Etihad and I can't remember anyone being crushed by a stampeding crowd there . Its nanny state bullshit.

Tell that to the oldies and the not so fit who find the extra walk very difficult. Doesn't make any sense what so ever and talking to some of the attendants last night they feel the same way. Its not used at the MCG or Etihad and I can't remember anyone being crushed by a stampeding crowd there . Its nanny state bullshit.

Anyone with a sickness, disability or other genuine need can be let through by the attendants. Anyone that’s too unfit to walk that probably needs to have a look at their lifestyle.

Honestly is there no end to the first world problems people will whinge about!?

Anyone with a sickness, disability or other genuine need can be let through by the attendants. Anyone that’s too unfit to walk that probably needs to have a look at their lifestyle.

Honestly is there no end to the first world problems people will whinge about!?

Explain why its necessary to treat us as like a mob of sheep. It goes with the decision to only allow the sale of low strength beer . Nanny state over kill. Surely we are all capable of walking in an orderly fashioning a straight line to a train station. The complaining from the crowd last night says its not a popular situation.

Living south of the river we decided to try the buses last night. Took the bus to Canning Bridge and then jumped on the train from there. Saved about 15mins on the trip home.

I thought i'd give the bus a go, so I drove to Karrinyup. Signs all over the place saying no parking, wheels will be clamped, etc etc. So I thought i'd park on the other side of Karrinyup Rd near the park....the council have actually hired one of those electronic signs on wheels warning rangers are around and you can't park there either. So where the * do you park????

In the end I drove to Stirling station, parked there instead and got the train.

Can people please learn to walk 20 metres further around to a half empty food and drink place rather than just loading up on one and then shouting when you stand in a line for 30mins. There a sneaky little food and alcohol joints all around the place and half of them are empty while some have lines around the corner.

Can people please learn to walk 20 metres further around to a half empty food and drink place rather than just loading up on one and then shouting when you stand in a line for 30mins. There a sneaky little food and alcohol joints all around the place and half of them are empty while some have lines around the corner.
Amazing how people don't just walk an extra few metres to a completely empty food vendor and just line up at the first one they see! Same with toilets. Oh well...those people can stay there while I get my hotdog without lining up.

Thought movement was quite quick out last night.
Didn't even know it was raining up in level 5.
Skyview lounge (supporters club) has a lovely view as well as Atomic Ale...nice.
Said hello to Clems Knee on the way out but he obviously didn't hear me :)
I get what you mean about the nanny state salim malik. Being wanded "For weapons" at the entry fer pete's sake.

Skyview lounge (supporters club) has a lovely view as well as Atomic Ale...nice.
I get what you mean about the nanny state salim malik. Being wanded "For weapons" at the entry fer pete's sake.

Saw Clem in the Riverview room enjoying a few beers.

The security dudes where I went in were laughing about how ridiculous the process is, knowing they are being paid to give the illusion of safety.

Talking about Nanny state bullshit
Block 146 a few you fellas adjacent to where I was sitting were pulled out of thier seats and paraded around like criminals for I don’t know what?
Apparently one of the Swore,
Oh the humanity
They were threatened with eviction
All you have to do is turn on the telly onprime time to hear any range of men , women and children utter the “ f” word spoken constantly with impunity,
But no not at Optus
Blonde power tripping girl with a clipboard had to make her presence and authority known
All this on a day we were supposed to celebrate the liberties our ancestors went to war for
Sorry but we are becoming a fascist state

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about Nanny state bullshit
Block 146 a few you fellas adjacent to where I was sitting were pulled out of thier seats and paraded around like criminals for I don’t know what?
Apparently one of the Swore,
Oh the humanity
They were threatened with eviction
All you have to do is turn on the telly onprime time to hear any range of men , women and children utter the “ f” word spoken constantly with impunity,
But no not at Optus
Blonde power tripping girl with a clipboard had to make her presence and authority known
All this on a day we were supposed to celebrate the liberties our ancestors went to war for
Sorry but we are becoming a fascist state
I'm 146 as well. Have no idea what that argument was about but I thought people were going to come to blows. It all ended pretty quickly though.

On TA-1020 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought i'd give the bus a go, so I drove to Karrinyup. Signs all over the place saying no parking, wheels will be clamped, etc etc. So I thought i'd park on the other side of Karrinyup Rd near the park....the council have actually hired one of those electronic signs on wheels warning rangers are around and you can't park there either. So where the **** do you park????

In the end I drove to Stirling station, parked there instead and got the train.

I parked at karrinyup shops (ignored the signs). The bus was pretty civilized, you get a seat all the way to the front door. No ticket on the windscreen when I got back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I parked at karrinyup shops (ignored the signs). The bus was pretty civilized, you get a seat all the way to the front door. No ticket on the windscreen when I got back

Cheers, the getting of a seat is why I thought i'd give the bus a go. Funnily enough I ended up getting one on the train anyway.....I suspect next weekend will be a very different story.

Amazing how people don't just walk an extra few metres to a completely empty food vendor and just line up at the first one they see! Same with toilets. Oh well...those people can stay there while I get my hotdog without lining up.
Different food vendors sell different food though. So if the one without a line doesnt have the food you want you're still not going to line up at it.

Last edited:
Have you seen how many people cram onto those trains at the end of games? If there was no snake, the line would reach back to the ground, and dangerous crushes would be guaranteed.

Complaining about having to walk a little further due to safety precautions is laughable

On the bright side - what’s with level 3 and areas 350 ish ... they were serving full strength beers (alby red 4.2% )
And pouring spirits from the bottle !!!

I was amazed, thankful, drunk and hilarious all in one.

Seats just felt like a general public area but did I miss something when we walked in there ???

That’s the sportsman’s lounge.

$1600 a pop.
Awesome. @Cameronk took me there for the first game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Block 350 is corporate boxes. Blocks 351 to 354 don't have access to the sports lounge but are directly in front of the premiership terrace bar which serves full strength beers and free pouring spirits.
Sports Lounge was $1295, but will probably be $1600 next year I fear.

Block 350 is corporate boxes. Blocks 351 to 354 don't have access to the sports lounge but are directly in front of the premiership terrace bar which serves full strength beers and free pouring spirits.
Sports Lounge was $1295, but will probably be $1600 next year I fear.
Almost. 350 is not corporate boxes, they finish at 349 but everything else is correct. Block 350 are Cat 1 seats. Cost $999 but I got them for the kids at $599.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back