News Stadium: The NEW Home of Football in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

I love my craft beer and actually rate most of their range. Little dove is excellent. Single fin is a good summer ale and the english ipa is worth a mention. They have several others including a mid strength. Being able to have a couple of 6.2% little doves at the new stadium would almost make up for the swill they served up at subi.

They might make a special 3.9% Stadium Swill especially for the new contract.

With Gage roads being a relatively small brewery, they can’t really utilise economies of scale and offer a cheapish beer. Wonder what sort of thought has gone into pricing- I’d be surprised if they were able to crack the sub $10 mark, even for a mid if they’re going to make it.

With Gage roads being a relatively small brewery, they can’t really utilise economies of scale and offer a cheapish beer. Wonder what sort of thought has gone into pricing- I’d be surprised if they were able to crack the sub $10 mark, even for a mid if they’re going to make it.

Realistically there is zero chance of sub-10 pricing for a full and sub-8 for a mid anyway. You could have Kirin or AB Inbev do an absolute swill and they'd still charge that because that is what has been established as the precedent and the market seems happy to bear that.

I wouldn't really be worried about scale with respect to pricing. They've done large amounts of contract brewing for Woolies which will be scaling down soon - they'll have plenty of capacity by the time the stadium opens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they offered cheap beer, the wowsers would complain about how the low price will encourage binge drinking at the footy. Sigh, we are just going to have to accept WA will never see reasonably priced beer at major outlets again.
Its amazing that you sit in a small bar in Kuta and pay 18,000 ($1.80) for a full strength beer and get nothing but watery swill here for $8 at the footy.

Eggs being total carp for the next 4-5 yrs at least,should make the knitting needles really audible...
Can’t wait to hear a freoooooooo chant in full swing - should be glorious.

Conversely, I imagine the acoustics should amplify the Eagles crowd boooooo’ing every umpire decision. Expect their free kick count to soar to new heights!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back