Official Club Stuff Stand Alone VFL Team announced - Footscray Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Pumped for round 3 (round 1 vfl) only problem I have with this all is that if the televised games stay the same in 2014 (1pm Saturdays) then unless im blind, we have 0. I want to go to as many games as possible but (I know its a s**t excuse) I have no one who will want to go to the vfl with me and I dont really want to go by myself haha, might be able to drag a few along to a double header but that's about all :(

The ABC announces it's TV games later on, and then in batches of 5-8 or so. It sees games moved from a 2pm start back to 1pm for TV - sometimes games are moved from the Sunday. So at the moment there are no TV games.

Here is an example of the last batch of games lat year being announced only in July (in an attempt to choose the juicy ones)
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ID=60264&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=24587879.

The ABC announces it's TV games later on, and then in batches of 5-8 or so. It sees games moved from a 2pm start back to 1pm for TV - sometimes games are moved from the Sunday. So at the moment there are no TV games.

Here is an example of the last batch of games lat year being announced only in July (in an attempt to choose the juicy ones)
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ID=60264&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=24587879.
Ahh makes sense, cheers for that

Not necessarily; a careful reading of the Saturday Arvo Sunbury line Timetable (well, the one used from Apr-Dec 2013) shows that the inbound trains from West Footscray don't actually stop at Southern Cross; they always go through the City Loop and terminate at Flinders Street. They may then go on to Southern Cross afterward, but it's not guaranteed, and it's after a variable-length stopover at Flinders.

Also, they only leave West Footscray every 20 mins, and the gap between Final Siren and Bounce could be finer in some cases; it'd probably be worthwhile having a shuttle with a flexible departure time in this case.

[/publictransportnerd]
I dare say they will adjust the train timetables to fit in with the footy folk. You will have upwards of 1,500 people heading back in to the city to go to the main game and there's no doubt they will accommodate for that.

I dare say they will adjust the train timetables to fit in with the footy folk. You will have upwards of 1,500 people heading back in to the city to go to the main game and there's no doubt they will accommodate for that.

They won't need to, there are already additional football specials on match days. Hell they even add trains for Taylor Swift

http://www.metrotrains.com.au/service/

Lower officially playing for Footscray now.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-01-20/footscray-welcome-key-recruits

Four former AFL players will line up for the Footscray Bulldogs in 2014, providing experience and leadership across each area of the ground, VFL Coach Chris Maple says.
As the final lineup becomes more settled, Maple has confirmed that current Bulldogs Player Wellbeing Coordinator Brent Prismall, as well as former players Lukas Markovic and Nick Lower have signed on with Footscray.

Brent Prismall speaks from experience of the benefits of a stand-alone VFL team and the 27-year-old is eager to play a role in the Footscray Bulldogs inaugural year in the VFL.

“From when I was playing at Geelong and Essendon… it was great because you would play in the VFL seniors each week and you knew you would play on a quality player,” Prismall said.

“I was playing on blokes like Mark Coughlan and Nathan Foley each week and you get to learn the traits off these guys who have played 100 or 150 games of AFL when you are only just starting out.

“I think it is going to be fantastic for the majority of the [Bulldogs] list that they do get to play at a high level each week.”

Prismall has already seen some familiar faces return to the Club and said both Lukas Markovic and Nick Lower have excelled in their roles as experienced heads among the young group.

“Lukas Markovic and Nick Lower obviously played here and had a big impact off the field as well as on the field and they are doing the same thing in the VFL,” he said.

“They’ve got AFL experience behind them and… they have been great at teaching [the younger players] how we want to play, how we want to move the ball and how we prepare as well off the field.

“I can’t speak highly enough of those guys, it’s good that we’ve got such great characters in the two of them as well.”
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-01-20/prismall-ready-for-vfl-role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Sullivan

2306248_2_M.jpg
Playing number/name #13 Will Sullivan
Date of birth 24-8-1989
Weight 101
Height 202

List atm:

AFL: Brent Prismall (Geelong, Essendon, Williamstown), Nick Lower (Port Adelaide, Fremantle, Western Bulldogs), Lukas Markovic (Western Bulldogs) , Will Sullivan (West Coast, Werribee)
VFL: Darcy Fort (South Barwon/Werribee), Jordan Keras (Werribee)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back