Strategy STAND rule

Remove this Banner Ad

Just stand a couple foot back so your allowed to move ?

Not on the mark, behind it
isn't there an a no go area which includes behind the mark? this whole thing would have been unnecessary had the umps called play on the moment the player with the pill moved off -line. they'd allow the player with the ball the advantage of moving a metre or more off -line before making the call

I think this hurts us with our handovers. Eg you can bring a forward to man the mark while the backman can get off the mark to defend
I maintain eq as much as it may hurt it also benefits in getting it in i50 seconds quicker to lynch jack or dusty how m,any other sides have those weapons

Another problem I see happening with this rule is that the umpire will be so busy watching the player manning the mark - including our discussed ideas of standing off the mark and the umpire telling him to move up or move on - that there will be an even bigger delay between any actual play on and the umpire calling it.
In that Essendon footage it appeared the umpire was watching the man on the mark more than he was watching the player taking the free.
excellent observation :thumbsu:

One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Reckon I’m done with footy if that’s going to be paid regularly. 🤣🤣🤣

Glad I saw some flags before they completely ruined the game

One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Reckon I’m done with footy if that’s going to be paid regularly. 🤣🤣🤣

Have said the same - if the games are determined by 50m penalties, I am outa here. Not interested after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can just see Gil playing 'Stand By Me' by Ben.King (no, not the twin one) over the loudspeakers whenever a mark is taken or a free kick awarded.

AFL-Xecutive here we come.

Surely that one there is over officiating, if they pay that sh*t regularly, people will lose their minds
I predict a lot of half eaten pies and hotdogs to find its way over the fence...... not to mention beers*

It's a tragedy that people need to keep themselves employed by bringing in absolute garbage rules.

*not that I condone littering... especially at the G.....

So is there anything stopping a team simply not manning the mark and standing say a quarter of a meter back of the official mark location and just manning from there?

and if so would they then be allowed to move sideways since they are in general play and not officially manning the mark?

So is there anything stopping a team simply not manning the mark and standing say a quarter of a meter back of the official mark location and just manning from there?

and if so would they then be allowed to move sideways since they are in general play and not officially manning the mark?

will probs tell you to clear out 10m since you're not man on the mark lel

As part of the rule you have to be on the mark OR out of the 5m protected zone in front of the mark. That is so bizarre!

maybe I have too much hope that they'll dial back the rule for rd1 based on the joke we've seen unfold in preseason
First soft free to the bloos will only be matched by the 50 that follows.
I'd put groupies dungeon on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back