#StandBySmith

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Think there has been a massive over reaction and a lot of blokes throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Plenty of other countries have been involved with ball tampering incidents and their players have continued playing. The PC Police need to chill out. So who is with me?

ZomboMeme 25032018130841.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think there has been a massive over reaction and a lot of blokes throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Plenty of other countries have been involved with ball tampering incidents and their players have continued playing. The PC Police need to chill out. So who is with me?

View attachment 474533

Did chuckle at the similarities

unnamed (3).jpg

Resign as Captain, serve a reasonable suspension (next test and a whole series) and return as a player.

Think that's about right, but he has to earn his place back, doesn't just automatically come back into the team.

Would you withdraw his NOC so he can't play in the IPL? You suspect they'd like to, but that may lead to a restraint of trade case against CA and I can't imagine they'd want that.

Think that's about right, but he has to earn his place back, doesn't just automatically come back into the team.

Would you withdraw his NOC so he can't play in the IPL? You suspect they'd like to, but that may lead to a restraint of trade case against CA and I can't imagine they'd want that.

No. What the IPL does is the IPL's business.

Really not surprised an Essendon supporter feels this way.
Throwing the baby out with the bathwater is not the correct analogy. That's suggesting that Smith (the baby) is not involved in the problem (the bathwater ) when he clearly is the problem.
OP probably needs to look up the definition of PC also as this has nothing to do with Political Correctness. Our cricket captain has cheated and encouraged cheating. It's not 'bending the rules' or 'pushing the limits', its cheating. He needs to go and be out of cricket gor a while, same for anybody else with knowledge of this in the changeroom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back