Stanley Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 31, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
Hello ,
I need some assistance with some early Tas football ,I am trying to research Stanley Football Club, and would ask if you can assist with any info , or leads that may point me in the right direction.

Who would have other early Stanley football images, or information on the Stanley club in its early 1900's days, that would be able to assist me in my search.
If you can help I would sure appreciate it.

Regards Paul

Stanley Football Club 1912.jpg

PS: Forest won twelve premierships and played in the Circular Head FA from 1900-1962.
Their last flag was in 1951.

Stanley played in the same competition from 1900-1948, they then joined the powerful NWFU in 1949 after winning three flags on the trot in the CHFA.
After having no success they left the NWFU at the end of the 1951 season and rejoined the Circular Head FA in 1952 and remained there until they amalgamated with Forest at the start of the 1963 season.
Stanley wore blue and white and were nicknamed the Seagulls, they won eight premierships, the last was in 1961.

PS: Forest won twelve premierships and played in the Circular Head FA from 1900-1962.
Their last flag was in 1951.

Stanley played in the same competition from 1900-1948, they then joined the powerful NWFU in 1949 after winning three flags on the trot in the CHFA.
After having no success they left the NWFU at the end of the 1951 season and rejoined the Circular Head FA in 1952 and remained there until they amalgamated with Forest at the start of the 1963 season.
Stanley wore blue and white and were nicknamed the Seagulls, they won eight premierships, the last was in 1961.
Hello Kingpin, thanks for your reply with the info on the club.

I will take your advice and contact the club through facebook.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back