Star Trek: A Cheesy Nerd pr0n for Geeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

maroon and blue

Slayer of sheep
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
lions
I can't get over how the original Star Trek was so woeful. But I tip my hat to Gene Roddenberry he knew what sells, lots of sweaty male faces and big boobed women. Throw in Kirk bare breasted and that caters for alternate lifestyles. If this show was released today it would have been howled down as white sexist privilege. God bless the sixties. It was an awesome time.

I enjoyed it as a teenager, but watching it now it is quite embarrassing. IDK whether its just because I grew up or whether it's because standards have changed since I was watching it. You have to overlook all the sexism I suppose, just like in certain Bond movies.

There are a lot of female scientists in the show, which is sort of empowering, but ultimately they're mostly on the show to be conquests or to be killed off, I think.

Women are shot with a very fuzzy filter, that was the style at the time. You can even see this in movies.

There was a line that women couldn't be Captains. It may have simply been a one off line in an early episode yet I don't recall any female Captains on the show.

With what we now know of AI, I find that most sci fi will become dated. The idea that humans would be on a starship like that is looking less likely, compared to AI which is far more competent and expendable.

There was a line that women couldn't be Captains. It may have simply been a one off line in an early episode yet I don't recall any female Captains on the show.

For good reason.

When they finally had a star trek show with a female captain they got so lost in the first episode that it took seven years to get back home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back