Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Sonequa Martin-Green's horrible overacting wasn't so bad in this episode and it allowed one the chance to enjoy seeing the imaginative technology of a thousand years into the future. The whole "burning" explanation of the fall of the Federation seemed lame, but I'm sure we'll hear more about it. Not a bad start to the season.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think it was Discovery's best episode, but it was a solid opener. I get the decision to sideline Discovery was intentional, and it allowed them to fully establish Book as an obviously important character (and I do like him), but I do feel it lowered the stakes of the episode. The story with Burnham and Book felt like a sideshow, with the episode only really propelling the story at the beginning and the end. Still good, though.

This is just a hot mess. It’s inclusiveness is has merit but it’s just turning it into a jumbled mess.

Sorry? This season has been fantastic, each season has been getting steadily better.

You do know what Star Trek is, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season seems to be actually some real Star Trek, such an improvement on the last two seasons. It also helps not having everything about Burnham. That way we're not overly subjected to her awful overacting.

I dunno why everyone goes on about her acting, it's not something I've noticed - and can't say it's any better/worse than any other number of actors in Star Trek past or present.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I dunno why everyone goes on about her acting, it's not something I've noticed - and can't say it's any better/worse than any other number of actors in Star Trek past or present.
She gets a little too over emotional too often for my liking, particularly when in season 1, they were highlighting her Vulcan heritage. Not sure if the character arc has been as smooth as it should be. But it’s not a big problem.

Overall, hard to say if it’s the best season; I really liked last season’s focus, character and plotting. The groundwork has definitely been laid for a similarly interesting plot, and I like the addition of Book.

The most recent episode was definitely the most TNG episode I reckon they’ve made.

I thought it was good until the last two episodes where they went back to ridiculous overacting again as Terrans. It was cool that the door ended up being the time gate from TOS, but that alone wasn't enough to make up for the rest.

Yeah I thought that was dragged out too, but also liked the reveal at the end. Think it could have been done a lot quicker. Was such an inconsequential plot in the scheme of things and I don't think it was as fun as they thought it would be for the audience.

This show is really trying my patience, first off all that mirror universe stuff seemed completely superfluous (I fast forwarded nearly all of it) and why do we have to constantly have overwrought emotional scenes that go on forever? We had two of the bloody things this week, all I can hope for now I guess is that the next one is because Tilly has been killed off. That alone would improve the show markedly

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I've never been a massive Star Trek fan. Watched a lot of the different series here and there, but not religiously. Like the movies, but wouldn't go to a midnight screening like I would for Star Wars.
I was liking this show though. I don't get all of the throw back references but I'm fine with that. The last few episodes have got me starting to lose interest though.

Back