Streaming Star Trek: Discovery

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it would have worked better if they didn't end up on a starfleet ship called Voyager, but a ship that was abandoned and salvaged back to semi useful from parts of both their ships - then they called it Voyager because that's what the previously furthest things from Earth had been before warp drive.

Then there would be episodes where you can't use your federation weapons and shields to dominate a situation and you've only got so many torpedoes before you need to figure out a way to get more - so you have to choose between a cargo bay being retrofitted into a weapons factory or a farm.

They could have had so many morally grey episodes where both sides are right and both sides are evil but that's life.

Never got the dislike for Voyager. Great cast that worked well together. Even though it’s now known behind the scenes some weren’t happy.
I really enjoyed Voyager, don't get the hate.

Paramount has always had the plan of having all its own content exclusively on its app, they've never hidden that fact. I suspect that as broadcast agreements expire with other streaming services you'll only be able to watch Star Trek on Paramount+. I have it and I think it's getting better as time goes on and they add more content. I especially like how most of their content is in 4K (except old TV shows).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hatred for Paramount+ on Twitter today is palpable. They've just pulled the whole international release of S4 until 2022 until when they have established their service in other countries. The whole show has been pulled from Netflix.

Very strange, would have thought they'd release in regions with P+, like D+ did with Mandalorian.

Very strange, would have thought they'd release in regions with P+, like D+ did with Mandalorian.
According to what I've read on Twitter, there'll be no international release until P+ has rolled out their service in other countries, even with countries like ours that already have it. The UK, for example, apparently doesn't have P+ yet. I saw one guy Tweet" "Looks like I'll be getting it off BitTorrent+"

Sensible call, bizarre they needed to 'hear it'.

It's marketing 101. Make a bad call, then pretend to listen to the consumers to reverse the decision but only after you realise that you're going to cop bad PR for the bad call (and potentially bleed subscribers). The fact that we still have to wait a day and we're still behind the US and Canada is dumb AF.

It's marketing 101. Make a bad call, then pretend to listen to the consumers to reverse the decision but only after you realise that you're going to cop bad PR for the bad call (and potentially bleed subscribers). The fact that we still have to wait a day and we're still behind the US and Canada is dumb AF.
Isn't that just due to time zone differences? We're effectively a day ahead of the USA, and there is no way they were going to release it here before the US.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back