FTA-TV Star Trek: The Next Generation

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello Star Trek fans and people who can't sleep some night in the future!
That’s me right now. I’m up to episode 23 of the first season.

The one with the dude shuffling utensil rings up and down a set of bongs.

629DE20F-5CD3-49BD-9590-935C9C70EFCE.jpeg

Last edited:

Largely caused by back issues, I believe.

Yes back issues I believe and also (from what I recall from little quotes here and there from the actors) that the first season or 2, the costumes were just too damn tight. Something to do with the material used, which was then fixed when a costume designer came on board. But by that stage, Riker constantly straightening/pulling down his shirt became somewhat iconic so he stuck with it regardless.

A story like that has gotta be true.

Been flicking through episodes again. Had forgotten how much I enjoyed this show.

The middle seasons are absolutely fantastic. Also I just love those little sci-fi concepts they explore, like that Worf episode where little elements keep changing and no one else notices.

Or the one where the crew keep vanishing, but no one remembers them.

Or the ship is stuck in a loop where it blows up then restores.

I just love those sorts of concepts.

The middle seasons are absolutely fantastic. Also I just love those little sci-fi concepts they explore, like that Worf episode where little elements keep changing and no one else notices.

Or the one where the crew keep vanishing, but no one remembers them.

Or the ship is stuck in a loop where it blows up then restores.

I just love those sorts of concepts.
Yeah, it is the actual exploration of sci-fi concepts that had me watch so many episodes. No major story arc to the show in general but sci-fi exploration for tv it was damn good at.
Some of the concepts not many people even thought about back in late 80's and early 90's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 5 Episode 1 "Redemption II"

Lots in this episode. So much they rush Worf rejoining Starfleet.

Season 5 Episode 1 "Redemption II"

Lots in this episode. So much they rush Worf rejoining Starfleet.
I’m on S2 Eps 8 and 9 tonight. No hilarious sci-fi costumes, but Bruce Maddox has appeared. Name sounds familiar...

I’m on S2 Eps 8 and 9 tonight. No hilarious sci-fi costumes, but Bruce Maddox has appeared. Name sounds familiar...

I thought he was from TNG! I need to re-watch I think.

Funnily enough, I picked up on that name immediately, but didn't place Hugh until about the third or fourth time he was on screen (I don't know if anyone referred to him as Hugh before that and I just missed it).

Hugh?

He’s like the section boss on the Borg cube, helps set up the meeting Soji has with the crazy Romulan woman. He’s Hugh from the TNG episode I, Borg. A lone Borg disconnected from the collective who Picard wants to send back with a virus to basically commit genocide on the Borg until he shows a spark of individuality.

They announced his casting and everyone got excited because it became clear the new show was about the Borg. And then he just wanders in without fanfare and I didn’t even realise him until Soji calls him Hugh directly (and even then, I barely heard it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back