Star Wars™ Rogue One

How can Disney make the Star Wars™ franchise more profitable?

• Instead of rehashing the films just re-release them with new titles ie. Star Wars The Phantom Profit

• Start creating brand new material instead? Haha I kid, I kid. Ok umm..... more droids?

• Just release new merchandise without the bother of making a new film to associate it with

• Cross platform celebrity promotions. Rap soundtrack & Beyonce playing the sassy sidekick

• Why isn't outsourcing a thing with Hollywood yet? Shift production to Bollywood, millions saved

• Delay the 3D version by a month, add outtakes, dress it up as a whole new movie. Double box office!

• Spread one movie over multiple years instead. They made the Hobbit 3 films so it can be done

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That hipster doofus freelance writer feminist SJW from the Sun says there's enough white males in other movies. The point however is that the studio looks to have deliberately avoided white men, apart from the villain, in a misguided or feigned crack at diversity. It's clearly off target because diversity doesn't mean the inclusion of different minority groups to the exclusion of all else. It means there are equal opportunities for all. If you're going to criticize other movies for having too many white men, then you can also criticize this one for not having enough, particularly as that is the fan base and demographic of the countries involved in the making of the picture.

That hipster doofus freelance writer feminist SJW from the Sun says there's enough white males in other movies. The point however is that the studio looks to have deliberately avoided white men, apart from the villain, in a misguided or feigned crack at diversity. It's clearly off target because diversity doesn't mean the inclusion of different minority groups to the exclusion of all else. It means there are equal opportunities for all. If you're going to criticize other movies for having too many white men, then you can also criticize this one for not having enough, particularly as that is the fan base and demographic of the countries involved in the making of the picture.
Yeah I do think its a little bit crazy that the majority of Star Wars geeks happen to be white males, who are now being portrayed almost exclusively as evildoers in the franchise.

If the scriptwriters are under such pressure to follow Political Correctness then it's just going to bog down their work and lead to exactly what we've seen in the last two films - shallow, derivative & unimaginative design-by-committee efforts. Art should exist outside the space of PC and artists should be free to express themselves regardless of what fat lesbian feminists & blokes who can't get a root unless they pretend to sympathize with them find offensive.

I don't mind if there aren't any white male leads or even male leads at all for that matter if it's being done to service the story, problem is these decisions are obviously being done for commercial & political reasons which inevitably leads to watered-down storytelling. Its absolutely no coincidence the era we're living in is not only one of the most conservative & self-conscious in history but is also one of the least imaginative so far as pop culture goes.

Yeah I do think its a little bit crazy that the majority of Star Wars geeks happen to be white males, who are now being portrayed almost exclusively as evildoers in the franchise.

If the scriptwriters are under such pressure to follow Political Correctness then it's just going to bog down their work and lead to exactly what we've seen in the last two films - shallow, derivative & unimaginative design-by-committee efforts. Art should exist outside the space of PC and artists should be free to express themselves regardless of what fat lesbian feminists & blokes who can't get a root unless they pretend to sympathize with them find offensive.

I don't mind if there aren't any white male leads or even male leads at all for that matter if it's being done to service the story, problem is these decisions are obviously being done for commercial & political reasons which inevitably leads to watered-down storytelling. Its absolutely no coincidence the era we're living in is not only one of the most conservative & self-conscious in history but is also one of the least imaginative so far as pop culture goes.

All the imagination and storytelling is on TV now. There are some shows that are suspiciously PC and may have gone down the same path, such as Jessica Jones, but overall I think they're much more thought provoking, and nuanced, on TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have watched it a few times just for the hot chick who is Jyn Erso, she can spy on my Death Star anytime.

2E42F213-84C7-457A-8C42-7FFF19B891EC.jpeg

Besides her and that slimy mind reading octopus creature it was pretty ordinary. Any STAR WARS film that came after the return of the Jedi has been a let down IMO though.

Back