Star Wars Armada / X-Wing

Remove this Banner Ad

• Admin
I bought this as well, how could you not? Looking pretty on the shelf while I search for opponents at least :p
My comic shop guy was deflated when I told him I got it online for $90. He has it on the shelf at $140.

When looking for opponents, don't go up against a former jet fighter pilot. It didn't end well for me.

• Admin
Just me, but I wouldn't tell that to a store I was playing in, they work on thin margins already. Most of these sorts of stores survive entirely on Magic the Gathering revenue, I think it's nice if they stock anything else at all.
I don't play there. I get my comics there, and some games. Slowly canceling comics though.

This Armada core set at $140 would have been a serious letdown.

Last edited:
I'd like to give this a try actually. I've been playing x-wing for a few months and it's a really fantastic, fun game.

The force is strong with this one.

I'm looking forward to getting ships from the new movies, ie a First Order Star Destroyer with the Finalizer title and Kylo Ren commander card, and some stuff from the Star Wars: Rebels TV show like X-Wing just got. Plus some other ships from the original trilogy, the Empire at War video game, maybe the less ridiculous stuff from the EU.

Then, a scum and villainy faction using "retired" Acclamators, Venators and CIS droid ships would be neat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's because the new movie tie in starter was released in September. It's almost identical to the original, except the box is blue instead of red, and the T-65 X Wing and two TIE fighters are now the T-70 X-Wing and TIE/fo fighters, painted up like the movie, and with character cards and such from the movie. It's actually feasible to buy both, since the contents are different - buy one of each and split the contents between friends, like the old "buy two starters" but with added variety.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back