Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
You know that isn't an option ;)

I'll probably do what I did with Solo - not go for the first week or two, then check it out.

I know we differ, no worries, but I just can see how they can salvage this after TLJ.

I actually hope I'm wrong, but...
I just hope they don’t stuff up what TLJ achieved ;)

Either way, pressure is on JJ.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The X-wing flying after sitting in the ocean for years would be stupid but not close to the stupidest thing in this trilogy.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
new leaked info on Snoke in Ep9....

- his identity will be revealed during the 2nd act as a plot device to directly affect luke, leia and ben solo.
- this reveal will shake the foundations, turning upside-down previous saga movies like the PT and OT
- his identity revealed will also serve to expand on his backstory inside ep9 as a way to introduce these new alien/villains from the unknown regions, who enter proceedings in the middle or 3rd act of the movie, being the main threat to all.
- after ep9 is released, a ton of canon material will be created (books, comics, etc) that delve into snoke's backstory, and tie him in with pre-existing PT/OT characters and stories, as well as enabling a ton of expanded material on ben solo.....like how darth vader/anakin got expanded on, adventures and stories he got up to, in books and comics and cartoons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
another leak is that there will be at least two McGuffins in ep9. It'll be something at the start of the movie, and then it'll change to something else, and perhaps yet again. Keeping the audience on the edge of their seats, and one of them will be very controversial among fans.....this to me suggests something to do with Luke/Leia's lineage (as a possibility of something controversial).

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
some more leaks....

an actor in his 30s was hired to play Luke (like a body-double, behind the head shots, etc), where they re-create the throne room scene from return of the jedi, and re-creating the cloud city fight scene.

these re-creations are to place new angles and never seen details from those original scenes....eg, luke throwing away his green lightsaber in rotj, the re-created scene will thus show additions to known scenes, invent additional exposition to already established OT lore, to turn things upside-down on fans.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
There was a big leak, where the title branding logo for ep9 was supposedly revealed, as in disney testing the "official" title with the fonts etc.

The title apparently is now "The Only Hope"

And them basically testing how that looks with the fonts etc. See below....

Some graphic designers (who are SW fans) suggest this is BS because they've done logo branding for other companies before and often they're like 20+ pages thick with a huge array of fonts, colors, rbg codes etc.

Some suggest it could be true because Rey does use the line "he's our only hope" in Ep8.

Another critical bit of info was that ages ago, long before the release of TFA, there WAS a similar title branding logo leaked on reddit (exactly like the one above) where the title was "Shadows of the Empire"....and some years later Pablo Hidalgo confirmed on twitter that indeed TFA was originally going to be called Shadows of the Empire.

So those who brought up this info, suggest perhaps THE ONLY HOPE leaked branding logo was what Ep9 was ORIGINALLY going to be called....and so this is a legit leak, but old outdated.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
OI !!

Attachments

• wakeup2.gif
    wakeup2.gif
    2 MB · Views: 197
Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
some more leaks....

an actor in his 30s was hired to play Luke (like a body-double, behind the head shots, etc), where they re-create the throne room scene from return of the jedi, and re-creating the cloud city fight scene.

these re-creations are to place new angles and never seen details from those original scenes....eg, luke throwing away his green lightsaber in rotj, the re-created scene will thus show additions to known scenes, invent additional exposition to already established OT lore, to turn things upside-down on fans.

Honestly, I'm hanging by a thread.

If they retcon any of the original trilogy, that'll be it for me, they can get ****ed.

another leak is that there will be at least two McGuffins in ep9. It'll be something at the start of the movie, and then it'll change to something else, and perhaps yet again. Keeping the audience on the edge of their seats, and one of them will be very controversial among fans.....this to me suggests something to do with Luke/Leia's lineage (as a possibility of something controversial).

Lukes dead at the start of Episode 9

Luke's alive at the end of Episode 9

IT'S A MIRACLE!

Honestly, I'm hanging by a thread.

If they retcon any of the original trilogy, that'll be it for me, they can get ******.

Already checked out.

I mean, plan to see it to complete the trilogy, but not recognising whatever they want to change adapt or stick their thing in and wiggle it about.

The more I see 7 & 8 the more I grow to dislike them, so there's just no real point for me viewing this outside of an isolated trilogy that is set in the Kelvin universe lets say.

Hopefully it dies a tragic death as well.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lukes dead at the start of Episode 9

Luke's alive at the end of Episode 9

IT'S A MIRACLE!
Oscar Isaac, at a recent interview (like a couple days ago) let slip that at the end of the movie, there's only one Skywalker still alive.
There is Luke, Leia, Ben, Rey(?), and maybe a child of Rey and/or Ben rumored, so who out of those?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back