Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

it's amazing with how little info they have to work with that rich and mike can accurately speculate what will/could be in a movie.

if one disregards the rumored entire plot leaks as just fake rumors, it's very plausible that TROS will instead be much like what rich and mike predicted here over four months ago.

wouldnt be surprised if they nailed it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TPM will always have a fond memory due to duel of the fates. But yippee and jar jar and his people kills it for me otherwise.

TPM and AOTC are the worst Star Wars (in my opinion) I don't mention the clone wars animated movie.
aotc is bad, but there are some great elements in it cant say the sane about TLJ (tfa was just a copy-paste so doesnt count)

The irony with Rey in the new Star Wars films is that she's written to be this perfect, strong empowered female character but by giving her no weaknesses she becomes one of the weakest characters in the Star Wars series, much disliked by fans and derided as a Mary Sue.

One good example of many is in TLJ where the rebels and First Order are in an aerial battle towards the end of the film, and neither side has managed to destroy another ship. Then suddenly Rey turns up and blasts three First Order ships with one shot, over-celebrating her achievement in the cockpit. Rey had just been through physical and emotional experiences that should have been very draining such as spending time with Luke Skywalker and being at the First Order base (from which she escapes with no explanation), yet seems completely unaffected. She behaves like a gamer girl who has just reached the next level in an online game; or a young woman who is on a weekend in Blackpool celebrating her sister's hens night and she and her friends are playing video games at an arcade, maybe after having a few 'refreshments' at a bar beforehand. Nothing about Rey feels genuine.

And having created a Mary Sue in Rey, in TLJ we also get a 'Scrappy Doo' in the form of Rose Tiko. As for Admiral Holdo (fortunately dead), I don't think there's even a term to describe a character that bad.

The irony with Rey in the new Star Wars films is that she's written to be this perfect, strong empowered female character but by giving her no weaknesses she becomes one of the weakest characters in the Star Wars series, much disliked by fans and derided as a Mary Sue.

One good example of many is in TLJ where the rebels and First Order are in an aerial battle towards the end of the film, and neither side has managed to destroy another ship. Then suddenly Rey turns up and blasts three First Order ships with one shot, over-celebrating her achievement in the cockpit. Rey had just been through physical and emotional experiences that should have been very draining such as spending time with Luke Skywalker and being at the First Order base (from which she escapes with no explanation), yet seems completely unaffected. She behaves like a gamer girl who has just reached the next level in an online game; or a young woman who is on a weekend in Blackpool celebrating her sister's hens night and she and her friends are playing video games at an arcade, maybe after having a few 'refreshments' at a bar beforehand. Nothing about Rey feels genuine.

And having created a Mary Sue in Rey, in TLJ we also get a 'Scrappy Doo' in the form of Rose Tiko. As for Admiral Holdo (fortunately dead), I don't think there's even a term to describe a character that bad.
you could actually cite hundreds of Rey Sue moments in the ST. Without struggle, adversity, there is no attachment/relatability for the fans.....well, apart from me as im nesr perfect too....Exe Sue.

As for Admiral Holdo (fortunately dead), I don't think there's even a term to describe a character that bad.

Sure there is, plot device.

Pops in because the plot demanded it.
Died because the plot demanded it, I mean Leia wasn't going to, Poe wasn't going to, everyone else was dead in space about an hour back and Hux had finally understood telecommunications.

Without struggle, adversity, there is no attachment/relatability for the fans....
Rey has struggled her whole life living on a desolate planet as a scavenger and was also abandoned by her alcoholic parents :drunk:

She also had to learn Jedi all by herself whilst overcome the patriarchy.

She's also struggling to deal with her impulses to JoiN tHe DaRkSIDe.

She's done it tough and it will be amazing if she saves the galaxy, she's definitely faced adversity!!!
Yoda is very powerful in the Force and can see into the future.
If that's the case then Yoda probably should have mentioned to someone that the Empire would rebrand as the First Order and take over the galaxy after Leia and Han's kid ended up killing all the Jedi's.

Yoda's a fraud, * that guy. That scene where he blew up a tree with lighting was s**t, the books survived too didn't they?

Yoda's a fraud, fu** that guy. That scene where he blew up a tree with lighting was s**t, the books survived too didn't they?

Yeah, adversity lead to breaking and entering and theft on the cause for a Chanel handbag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back