Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked the ST and it has given us some great characters, worlds and moments. I have no doubt that the handling of the ST hampered its ability to hit the highest highs but regardless of what could have been, I enjoyed what I got. If people are finished with SW after this trilogy, that's a good thing, you just don't want those people being a part of it. For all the missteps, I think it will lay the foundation for the next era as hopefully, the powers that be learn from them, much in the same way Marvel learned from theirs.

My kids and their friends really like Rey, Finn, BB-8 and Kylo and I think that is the big win from the trilogy. They have set up solid world building across the 9 films but the key is going to be how they expand. Rewatching Rebels again, there is so much that can be mined that without the Skywalker shackles should result in interesting stories.

I disagree, he racks up a solid body count but with conflict. If they went all dark in Ep 9, I think you could sell that.

He couldn't hurt Rey and coudn't kill Finn - not even a force user. Him knocking over background redshirts doesn't make up for the fact he wasn't a threat to our heroes.

I liked the ST and it has given us some great characters, worlds and moments. I have no doubt that the handling of the ST hampered its ability to hit the highest highs but regardless of what could have been, I enjoyed what I got. If people are finished with SW after this trilogy, that's a good thing, you just don't want those people being a part of it. For all the missteps, I think it will lay the foundation for the next era as hopefully, the powers that be learn from them, much in the same way Marvel learned from theirs.

My kids and their friends really like Rey, Finn, BB-8 and Kylo and I think that is the big win from the trilogy. They have set up solid world building across the 9 films but the key is going to be how they expand. Rewatching Rebels again, there is so much that can be mined that without the Skywalker shackles should result in interesting stories.
The sense of entitlement from some 'fans' is ridiculous. Imagine if Marvel fans said they were done with MCU because Iron Man 2 sucked or because of the wya they treated Mandarin in Iron Man 3. We'd be laughing at them.

The sense of entitlement from some 'fans' is ridiculous. Imagine if Marvel fans said they were done with MCU because Iron Man 2 sucked or because of the wya they treated Mandarin in Iron Man 3. We'd be laughing at them.
Yeah but Iron Man is just Iron Man.

Hundreds of comics that tell multiple stories (over decades) and in time there will probably be new film adaptations of Iron Man like we have seen with Spiderman. If people don't like one version they will just shrug and wait for one they do like.

Unlike Star Wars where the films are pretty much the be all end all, the ST isn't going to be remade in to another version.

What we got was trash and that cannot be undone.

Yeah but Iron Man is just Iron Man.

Hundreds of comics that tell multiple stories (over decades) and in time there will probably be new film adaptations of Iron Man like we have seen with Spiderman. If people don't like one version they will just shrug and wait for one they do like.

Unlike Star Wars where the films are pretty much the be all end all, the ST isn't going to be remade in to another version.

What we got was trash and that cannot be undone.

People said the same after the Prequels, and SW came back bigger than before. SW will live on and what came before can have as much relevance as you want it to. Iron Man has to have Iron Man, because it is about Iron Man. Star Wars can play along any time line, with any character and still be successful as long as it engages. 4x $B movies says that it does engage a decent audience, whether they come with them for the next stage is up the story builders.

Based solely on the quality of it's soundtrack.

220px-Acdcironman.jpg

Based solely on the quality of it's soundtrack.

220px-Acdcironman.jpg

Underselling Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer as a reason to watch, best adaptation.

Why do you believe we're getting a movie entitled Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings?

I'll give you a hint, it has to do with your quote above in some capacity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you believe we're getting a movie entitled Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings?

I'll give you a hint, it has to do with your quote above in some capacity.
Because Marvel didn't panic and make reactive decisions, they stayed the course, made big bucks and now they can make whatever obscure title they like and be pretty much guaranteed to make some bank.

Rey only beat him in 7 because he’d been shot in the chest by Chewie and was damn near dead tbf haha.

An untrained person shouldn't be able to wield a lightsabre beyond a very basic action (like slicing open a tauntaun); little loan actually use one in combat.

An untrained person shouldn't be able to wield a lightsabre beyond a very basic action (like slicing open a tauntaun); little loan actually use one in combat.
I'll bet that you know more about SW than I do, but she was shown to be proficient with her staff and it was pretty much in her blood. I don't have an issue with it in hindsight.

Kylo should've force healed himself before fighting Rey in the forest

She never had a teacher, a master. Sure they tried to squeeze in some scenes about Leia teaching her? But that just seemed too late and forced. If she started out in TFA as a Jedi we all would’ve got it, but she started as a nobody and that was emphasised. Maz could’ve taught her? Luke?
Leia?

he had no scars, or traces of taking damage in that shirtless scene. given he took a bowcaster shot to the gut in TFA

The shot was to his hip wasn’t it? Can’t recall exactly. But maybe it was one of those movable scars like his face?

Speaking of Chewie, the relationship between him and Ben was criminally underdone this trilogy. I’d imagine they would’ve just about been best friends when Ben was a kid.

The shot was to his hip wasn’t it? Can’t recall exactly. But maybe it was one of those movable scars like his face?

Speaking of Chewie, the relationship between him and Ben was criminally underdone this trilogy. I’d imagine they would’ve just about been best friends when Ben was a kid.

I felt so sorry for Chewie by the end of the trilogy, he was so hard done by in all three movies.

Ignored by Leia when Han died.

Barely utilised in TLJ.

Made into virtually a pet in ROS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back