Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I PM'd him back....
---------
imo, create a secondary reddit account, using a different email, and vpn the registration process. keep that account in your back-pocket in case your current one gets permanently banned.
like, use the secondary account just a TINY bit today, posting in other areas of SW subreddits talking about other things like you're a fan, posting replies to other people's comments like "oh wow that's cool" or asking stupid questions. but for the love of god do not post your leaks using that account or start posting in the thread you created.
i know...because i got permabanned three years ago on reddit and kept this secondary one in my backpocket. three years later i started posting more heavily...as in just the last week, that's where most of my activity has come from.

From another source, some more minor leaks....

----------

New TROS Details from MSW This Is Podracing Podcast/Bespin Bulletin
renderTimingPixel.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/search?q=flair_name%3A%22Leak!%22&restrict_sr=1
  • The zero gravity final battle that they’ve been mentioning is seemingly tied to the big tank of water scenes that were being shot at Pinewood. They think that the final battle is Kylo’s ship crashing down onto the Death Star site. They still fight on the wing of Kylo’s ship.
  • They heard that the TIE Fighter scene with Rey and Kylo doesn’t go well as Kylo Ren was seen in front of a burning, crashed TIE in Jordan.
  • There was a pre-visual shot of Kylo Ren jumping out of the TIE Fighter and came down Obi Wan style in ‘Revenge of the Sith’ then his lightsaber ignited and he and Rey fight.
  • Rey and Kylo Ren are much more powerful than they were in ‘The Last Jedi’. When they clash lightsabers they link minds again, this time without the help of an outside force like Snoke.
  • They heard that the skiff we see Poe, Finn and C3PO on in the teaser trailer looks like ship that drops Rey off at the Death Star but could be wrong.
  • They heard that Kylo Ren put his helmet back together but the teaser shows somebody else doing it. Thinks they’re separate shots and the sequence is ritualistic as he heard the Knights of Ren kind of dance around it.
Link to the IG post from Bespin (who transcribed from MSW's podcast):

some more "Making Star Wars" leaks....

====================

MSW article: More info on the Force Flash Fights
renderTimingPixel.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/search?q=flair_name%3A%22Leak!%22&restrict_sr=1
https://makingstarwars.net/2019/04/...tar-wars-the-rise-of-skywalkers-flash-fights/

“New Force Powers Make Things Trippy!

At the moment, I do not want to get too deep into specifics as there’s something missing from the big picture here that I want filled in before I make too many broad claims. That said, for the last several months during the filming of The Rise of Skywalker I was hearing a lot of interesting things about what happens when Rey and Kylo Ren meet again.

During the Episode IX panel at Celebration they teased around some new powers. I believe the power they were dancing around is probably what has been described to me as “Force Flash Fights.” I’m sure it will be given a name more articulate than that but for now, that’s what you get. Basically the environment changes behind the leads as they battle it out with their lightsabers.

Here is the part I’ve dreaded attempting to convey. But essentially when Rey and Kylo Ren first meet again in The Rise of Skywalker. When they encounter one another again in the film, they’ve both become considerably more powerful. Perhaps when angry or determined they can do what Snoke did for them, link to one another but because of the context the outcome is different. Instead of intimate moments the backgrounds appears to change between places we have seen in Star Wars before. From what I understand, they end up back where where they started and Kylo does something after the encounter which I’ll talk about soon, I hope.

Force Flash Fights!

Rey and Kylo clash and as they battle the backgrounds change into places throughout Star Wars’ vast locations from the nine part Skywalker saga. To protect sources, I cannot touch on what backgrounds popup and even if I did there’s no indications as to which are in the movie for sure. This could explain certain places like The Lars Homestead and Ahch-To, but it also might not, so it makes things even more confusing in some ways. I also don’t know if every strike and clash is a new environment or if they fight in these places for a time before moving on to the next one. We still have a lot of questions about how this will be conveyed on screen.

Supposedly some of the same tech used to make The Mandalorian also played a role in the process of making these scenes or they experimented with it which is now being used in really interesting ways to simulate newsrooms and so on. We have also seen such things used in recent Hollywood films.

Here is where things get confusing and dicey for me. One source that told me about what they filmed in Jordan mentioned Kylo and his TIE Fighter and Rey in a “Wild West stand off.” We pretty much saw that in the trailer. That person also said that Rey damages the TIE and we see Kylo walking away from the TIE in flames (which was also mentioned by a BTS reel viewer). This source said things get trippy when they first clash.

Most sources have said Rey and Kylo and fight one another during these moments.

Alternate Flash Fights or a Second Foe

Now, I have another set of sources that have told me about the “Flash Fights.” But they said that Rey and Kylo team up against that “outside threat” I talked about several months back. The person is in a black robe and cloak.” I assumed it was Snoke, Plagueis, and even Palpatine. Back then I was investigating Matt Smith. But no one would touch Palpatine back then which was telling. These sources told me about the Death Star graveyard being back as well.

My takeaway at this time is that Rey and Kylo do fight and it causes them to flash around the galaxy when it happens. My speculation at the moment is that since all of these sources gave me verified information for The Rise of Skywalker, perhaps Rey and Kylo first meet and they “Flash Fight” for the first time. Maybe later they use this power against a resurrected Palpatine?

Is Matt Smith in this movie or not? Is he the resurrected Palpatine?

The Visual Style

Honestly, when you get down to it this idea relies heavily on the execution. The sources I have believe in the execution of it and they obviously worked on the film. I can see it being really cool and I can see it being really bad depending on which way you imagine. I think it is always better to imagine in favor of the filmmakers and to remember that they’re the professionals that make everything cool that we think is cool.
There are lot of clues in the trailer as to how and when things happen. A lot of that is super useful but I just got back to California after driving from Chicago. We think we have a pretty solid order of things from the trailer that might end up revealing if the location flashes occur more than one time in the film. But it does kind of make sense that maybe it happens the first time and then they use that later to take on Palpatine himself. More on him later as well.

These kinds of trippy things happened in the Leigh Brackett draft of The Empire Strikes Back where Luke and Vader fought amongst the stars. Star Wars Rebels dabbled in the implications of the visuals Leigh Brackett laid down and it feels like perhaps J.J. Abrams and Chris Terrio decided to make things trippy in their own way and take the “Force Back” style into the fight. We still have a lot to learn about what this is going to look like and for now I’m only reporting on what seems to be solid or commonly mentioned by several sources.”

I’m fascinated with the prospect of this movie “tying” the entire 9 films together somehow, but I just can’t believe it will be something as outlandish as this.

Even accounting for Disney and some of the baffling decisions they’ve made.

If you consider this as an end, then you're at a cross roads of sorts and the time is actually right to go hard and end as you please so you can relaunch as you wish.

If you consider TFA as a success in reigniting interest, TFA stalled given how Solo fared and what occurred since, you can see them going "this is Dr Who" with it and just using time as a crux and inserting where they want to, as you've already dropped a few of the "old school" fans and picked up new. They're not going to just throw everything into absurdity and like you I don't think they will. But it is Disney and they have gone full mental previously and missed so horribly and eaten the loss.

It's just, it's not outside the realm of possibility that Disney make Sidious literal, make Plagueis literal and insert Rey to validate given Kylo has internal validation and she's your focus.

The only other big story leak was the one I posted earlier. The credible one, who said Ep IX is really lame. There's just a big adventure, a mcguffin for mcguffin's sake, lots of pretty fights, lots of planet hopping, basically, a big dress up where backdrops and locations are changed often for visual entertainment, that there's no big lore changing consequences, the movie is just a lame ride, and then it ends with Rey broadcasting Luke's message of hope around the galaxy via a satellite dish, which plays over the end credits.

If I indulge in any leaks, I'll make sure to SPOIL TAG them so people who want to discuss story elements instead can do so.

So SM and JackOutback you don't have to leave. Don't leave me :(

Anyway, meanwhile....

Here's something pretty interesting. You have to read the entire Twitter thread posted by "someone's daughter"

The only other big story leak was the one I posted earlier. The credible one, who said Ep IX is really lame. There's just a big adventure, a mcguffin for mcguffin's sake, lots of pretty fights, lots of planet hopping, basically, a big dress up where backdrops and locations are changed often for visual entertainment, that there's no big lore changing consequences, the movie is just a lame ride, and then it ends with Rey broadcasting Luke's message of hope around the galaxy via a satellite dish, which plays over the end credits.
No one’s seen the damn movie as it hasn’t been cut yet and it’s been shrouded in secrecy. You’re just reposting attention seekers.

As for the time travel thing, I doubt it. KK said there may yet be more films with the new stars which wouldn’t be possible in a closed loop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the spoilers and rumours thread... I like that some are uncomfortable that we are flying a little too close to the sun here.

I stopped caring enough to have it 'spoiled'. The Star Wars Saga has already been spoiled by that garbage last movie.
Agree. This ST is a great disappointment. Especially after 2/3 of the trilogy has been completed, there's very little they can do to improve or develop the characters or arcs now. Might as well have it spoiled for the lulz.

STILL

It's good value when SM, Jack, and many others are in this thread debating. And there's a long way to go before December. So it's no biggie to just SPOIL TAG anything I (or others) might come across.

NEW LEAKED INFO FROM MSW, related to info about the Knights of Ren.

Tidbits on “The Knights of Ren” in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!
Costume Breakdowns for the Knights of Ren and a little on where they shot for Rise of Skywalker!

Hot on the heels of yesterday’s “flash fights” article we have some updates on The Knights of Ren for you.

Knights of Ren and Lando in Jordan

A lot of what I’ve heard about the Knights of Ren in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker pertained to the Jordan shoot. It seems the majority of their action takes place at that location. The good news is the action sounds significant. Not only have I heard that Lando Calrissian had sequences filmed for the Jordan set at Pinewood but the Knights of Ren did as well at Pinewood and Jordan. That sounds over-the-top rad to me. I don’t however know if Lando encounters the Knights himself. But any movie where I’m seeing Lando and the Knights of Ren within moments of one another is probably going to be exciting as hell.

I had an opportunity to check out The Knights of Ren in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Back in 2014, I first saw the concept art for these bad guys and they were a bunch of pirates. I seem to recall one even having a lightsaber in the concept phase. That idea seems to have come back in rumor circles for The Rise of Skywalker. But honestly, there doesn’t appear to be a saber used by any of them as far as I have seen. One has a dagger and one of the hilts could be mistaken for a lightsaber, I think. The work on “The Ren” for The Rise of Skywalker appears to consist of upgraded versions of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens work and designs which are not that far off from what they already had used to my eye. But that’s not to say it isn’t better because it is. What we saw was so minuscule in 2015 that I don’t think most of the changes will really be that noticeable to general audiences.
Blocked

Six Knights of Fun

From what I have seen there will be six Knights of Ren in The Rise of Skywalker. Two of those knights use really big guns. Those guns looks like something out of Halo or an Xbox video game. They aren’t very Star Wars in design classically speaking and you can kind of see those weapons in Star Wars: The Force Awakens “forceback” moment. These two knights with guns remind me the most of their Star Wars: The Force Awakens counterparts than any of the other knight revisions and while the guns were probably upgraded I couldn’t tell you how they were different if they even are. I think the lights might have been different but don’t quote me on that.

To me it did not look like any of the knights went back to the drawing board for a total revision, only maybe the costumes where upgraded a little since they’re going to have a larger role than before. Better fabrics and leathers are perhaps used and a few of the patchwork sections might be done with a little more finesse but they still look ragged as hell. Kylo’s promotion to Supreme Leader didn’t seem to get them a raise for the fashion budget. I would say the differences are probably not unlike Darth Vader from A New Hope to Return of the Jedi in that regard. I used to have really clear pictures of the Knights from Star Wars: The Force Awakens with the green screen behind them and no rain, but I’ve lost them to time it seems, so I couldn’t compare them as well as I would have liked to.

The Ren is Too Dam High and this Weapon is Weird

The guy with the iron face and the staff (shown below on the right) looked really similar too but I think maybe the cowl is different fabric and sightly different in color but the rain may be playing tricks on my eyes. You can clearly see his weapon The Force Awakens. But I saw him with a weapon that was pretty strange to me, at least from the perspective in which I saw it. It looks like a stick with half a wagon wheel on it. You can see spokes. but the half of the wheel like the blade of a axe, similar to the Gamorean guard. In real life it doesn’t look like it would be effective against anything but I’m sure it has some feature we don’t understand.

The knight with the face that kind of reminds me of Judge Dread has a mace that almost reminds me of a cobra ornament at the top of it but I think it actually splits in three sections and has a serrated edge to it. His staff gets thin near where he holds the weapon and then thickens up at the rear as if it has a baseball bat on the other end of it. Both sides of the weapon looks pretty deadly. I think the weapon’s gripe might be red however it might be the light from Kylo’s saber making me think so.

While Kylo is Playing Chess, The Ren are Playing Checkers

The Knight with the checkerboard face I saw with two different weapons at different times. He’s hard to see in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens, for me at least. One weapon was was wrapped staff with a blade on the end kind of like a Pu Dao (Long Staff Broad Sword). You can see how his chest piece sort of Velcro’s together in the concept there but the costume from Rise of Skywalker appears more like a sideways V with the point of the V pointing towards his left side. The interesting thing was I saw “Checkers” (center and left below) as we call him with a mace and the end of it was really similar to a Tusken Raider’s Gaderfi stick or it had a giant talon on the end. Either way, it was in essence the same idea as the Tusken’s classic weapon. I’m not sure if they tried different weapons in the film or if they lose them and come back with new and different ones for the next sequence. On the leaked poster from a a few weeks ago you can see the weapon and I can confirm that is the final design of that weapon.

One of the knights who almost has a Plo Koon style mask (image above far right side) has an oversized butcher knife like a boat paddle. His weapon is almost as if you took a paddle and turned it into a huge butcher knife. But I also noticed he has a dagger on his belt as well. The back of his “hat” has a cape that goes to the small of his back. However, I saw the “dagger” on his belt and he may have had two or a variant. Perhaps he loses one during early on. Because another time I saw him it looked like the hilt on the knife what more ornamental. However, I am leaving it open to the possibility the differences were between stunt and “hero” versions of the character. That said the cowl looks different to me in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens version of this character.

Was that a Knight of Ren in the The Rise of Skywalker Teaser?

For fun here is a look at the “clan leader” getting killed in Star Wars: The Force Awakens:

Screen-Shot-2019-04-19-at-6.17.14-PM.png

Here is Kylo killing the guy in the jungle:

Screen-Shot-2019-04-19-at-7.39.38-PM.png

The guy getting killed in the shot above does not seem to match any Knight of Ren. I believe the guy getting killed is a Resistance trooper. If you recall a while ago we talked about a scene filmed in Black Park with Resistance troopers in large hats and some of them looked like Endor Rebel Troopers from Return of the Jedi. Well, I’m guessing this guy is one of them or he’s a native fighting with the Resistance in this sequence that gets pretty jacked up by Kylo Ren.

The Knights of Ren are Rad

Kylo Ren’s new helmet with the red cracks looks really cool with these guys by his side. I think they did a really good job with the designs. I think there’s a lot to like here and a lot of latch onto for fans and a lot to like. One source said that with IX, the powers that be were aware that fans wanted more from their badass characters like Captain Phasma and The Knights of Ren. I’m pretty sure based on what I’m hearing they’re going to deliver on on that action.

Good job by someone on reddit....

=========================

The "Old Tongue" Script
renderTimingPixel.png

In this video, around 4:30 we see a glimpse inside a journal that will be sold at Galaxy's Edge where, on the first page, is found what Ahsoka called the "Old Tongue."

I took a screenshot of what is in the video and cleaned it up with paint, but think the final result is decent, at least until I find a hi-res version.
Just thought I would share here since I have not seen this anywhere else yet. Thanks all. Cheers.

Old Tongue Alphabet....

29bjmk5.png

If you could change one word in a Star Wars title to derive a new meaning....

If only The Last Jedi was The Lost Jedi instead. It could've been Luke (singular) who was lost. It could've been perhaps a bunch of Jedi (luke's students not dead, current knights of ren?). It could've been Kylo, who used to be a padawan named Ben. And the story would probably have been different. No Canto Bight scene, replaced with an adventure to find something else that related to re-finding the jedi who was/were lost.

Maybe Luke left a map in TFA because he forgot who he was, gone slightly mad, disconnected from the force, and literally couldn't get off the island, needed rescuing, and really has no idea he is a Jedi Master.

This is the spoilers and rumours thread... I like that some are uncomfortable that we are flying a little too close to the sun here.

I stopped caring enough to have it 'spoiled'. The Star Wars Saga has already been spoiled by that garbage last movie.

Some of us are happy to speculate and wonder about what will happen without having things explicitly ruined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back