Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Confirmation there will be at least 10 more Star Wars films, including spin-offs for Mace Windu, Obi-Wan....

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/07/disne...j-abrams-confirms-exciting-plotlines-5737976/
well I heard Iger say that they would keep making Star Wars films for the foreseeable future, I believe at a share holders meeting Bob Iger said they have a 40 Year plan ahead for Lucasfilms and if that is true they are making a lot more then 10 more star wars films...

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
There is a thing called over saturating the market and Disney might do just that!
Avengers over-saturation. I reckon Star Wars universe is so much larger and better that it not only can survive but flourish. Even go as far as saying it merits it....the OEU+NEU

Avengers over-saturation. I reckon Star Wars universe is so much larger and better that it not only can survive but flourish. Even go as far as saying it merits it....the OEU+NEU

I don't have a huge problem with it and I've even enjoyed some SW video games despite not being total SW fan. I get that there's a wealth of stories that could be told, I just think they should be super selective with what they do.... the wrong direction and SW could be damaged. We'd then have a situation where they might turn SW into a timeline fantasy series with a new movie rebooting Episode IV with a few subtle changes ala Terminator: Genesys :D.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't have a huge problem with it and I've even enjoyed some SW video games despite not being total SW fan. I get that there's a wealth of stories that could be told, I just think they should be super selective with what they do.... the wrong direction and SW could be damaged. We'd then have a situation where they might turn SW into a timeline fantasy series with a new movie rebooting Episode IV with a few subtle changes ala Terminator: Genesys :D.

I think there are enough big heads spanning the SW IP, as in so many different departments and companies attached to it, not to mention the fans, as in the powerful fans, fans who also have sway in terms of indirect input....that SW won't reach a point of jumping the shark. So many contributors. Just have to look at the enormity of the OEU+Wookipedia to also see that stories in-and-around the SW universe could last forever really.

As in...i agree they have to be extra careful with the future stories and anthologies...but there's such a huge investment in it all, money and emotion, that it will always keep itself steered right. No great failures.

Whereas under one man, Lucas, there was potential it'd all just fall apart...like it kinda did. A one-man operation/force as such always can end up dictatorial and lose focus.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
After Episode 9....might be waiting 10-15 years before the next trilogy....

---------

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/03/do-not-post-lucasfilms-post-star-wars-episode-ix-plans.html

"The Fourth Star Wars Saga Trilogy.

C’mon, you know that this was going to happen eventually. The Force Awakens isn’t the highest-grossing movie not directed by James Cameron for nothing. But at the same time, they might be taking another page from Cameron – wait a while before you do the sequel. Hopefully, it’s not as long a wait as Avatar 2 has been, and hopefully the waiting game will play out in Avatar‘s favor, but still. It’s safe to say that after the success of the Sequel Trilogy, another trilogy is going to follow:

Since Star Wars is a generational thing, there will be a gap between the Sequel Trilogy’s end and the new trilogy’s arrival.

And that’s all I was told about the future of Star Wars. All of this is a long way off from materializing, so there’s not going to be much in the way of confirming or debunking any of this information. Until then, I’ll preemptively brag that you heard it here, on Star Wars News Net, first."

so its been confirmed that they will be using footage that carrie shot before she died in episode 9. she was meant to have an even bigger role in episode 9 compared to 7 and 8. wonder how much it will change the story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
With the 'casual nerd' at it's peak, there's no such thing at the moment of over saturation in terms of success, however some of the older traditional Star Wars fan base may tire of it. I think the studio is ok with that as long the dollars keep rolling in. All criticism of this direction will just be put down to haters and neckbeards because there's no such thing as too much Star Wars*, that's what they will say.

*Apart from this, as the group think has determined.
Star_Wars_Phantom_Menace_poster.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Treverrow's comment about the previous movie's firing, that directors/writers are making art and the studio wants to keep pushing/changing for more salacious clixk-bait content in the movie/script....is telling.

I guess making a SW movie now entails sticking to a formula and not much room for "art". Which makes you wonder how Rian Johnson did so well with Kennedy/Disney given he's a more experimental director.

Apparently Treverrow's script kept being sent back for changes and those updated scripts returned for more changes, etc. Like four times till he and Kennedy had an argument about it and they decided to part ways.

I don't think so GG. The Rian Johnson production has been flawless and insiders have said the movie breaks the Star wars mold and brings plenty of ' art '

I haven't seen ' the book of Henry ' but it was a critical mess, with poor writing a common flaw. Rian johnson script was never sent back and he doesn't strike me as a studio lackey

The naysayers will see this as evidence of a a studio stifling creative people, but the reality could be, Treverrow just wasn't up to the massive task

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I say do Episode 10 in 2035 (20 years after TFA). Daisy will be 43 by then, old enough for Rey to be a mother, especially if her characters age is older than that. This is, of course, assuming Rey will see out IX victoriously against the First Order, which I think she will. They shouldn't leave it too late or because the health of one of the new stars of this current trilogy could be in jeopardy and they won't want another Carrie tragedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back