Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was up to me, I’d probably entitle Episode IX Power of the Dark Side or something obscure and teasing enough to drive speculation.
That was always my #1 wish for a SW title.... Power of Darkness, or, Power of the Dark Side.

Eg...(just to show how excited I am too)....

Phasma who is the most dissapointing hyped as major character with minimal impact on the plot...
still got more airtime than those ren knights.
The whole Rey/Kylo connection is borne from that flashback.
But yeah..... dont worry bout it.
Weve got Del toros charcter which adds everything.

Phasma was a bloke. So the character was as s**t as intended. Only grew steam due to being made a woman.
And that turned out well for her in shitasode 2.

I guess, if you ignore the fact that all the actors, directors and production staff have nothing but good things to say about Rian Johson. But yes, that photo caption would be entirely appropriate for a bit of online whingeing.

How common do you think it is for people to talk smack about their boss and employer in front of a microphone and camera?

For someone who works in public relations you seem oddly naive.

Of course there is.

Like people never lived through '99, '02, and '05.

But have a cry because people didn't like a movie in the millennial era and its purely inhumane. Utterly unfathomable behaviour.

Sent from mTalk

Can’t help but chuckle a bit at the irony of Jack mentioning this.

Given the frequency which he mentions the prequels. I’d dare suggest it’s time to move on from something that commenced almost 20 years ago.

I struggle to see how they can come up with a satisfying ending at this point given TLJ stopped most build ups in their tracks, so there isn’t much pay off they can do.

How common do you think it is for people to talk smack about their boss and employer in front of a microphone and camera?

For someone who works in public relations you seem oddly naive.
I don’t work in public relations, thank Christ. But my point was merely there’s no evidence of any antipathy towards RJ and some evidence of the opposite. Of course most people won’t talk smack about their employers, but when people like Boyega continue to retweet RJ and back him up on things when there is no obligation, then one could rightly assume there’s no grudges there. And obviously the fact he was given additional movies means he is well liked behind the scenes.

Can’t help but chuckle a bit at the irony of Jack mentioning this.

Given the frequency which he mentions the prequels. I’d dare suggest it’s time to move on from something that commenced almost 20 years ago.
You’re obsession with my apparent obsession with the prequels is the amusing thing. They were disappointing movies and will always be relevant when discussing worst Star Wars films but those movies never damaged me the way TLJ seems to have damaged you. I didn’t spend a year raging against them, didn’t harass the filmmakers and actors, call them names. Check my book collection and I have prequel era books. I’m perfectly comfortable with their existence even if I don’t care for them.

I don’t work in public relations, thank Christ. But my point was merely there’s no evidence of any antipathy towards RJ and some evidence of the opposite. Of course most people won’t talk smack about their employers, but when people like Boyega continue to retweet RJ and back him up on things when there is no obligation, then one could rightly assume there’s no grudges there. And obviously the fact he was given additional movies means he is well liked behind the scenes.

You’re obsession with my apparent obsession with the prequels is the amusing thing. They were disappointing movies and will always be relevant when discussing worst Star Wars films but those movies never damaged me the way TLJ seems to have damaged you. I didn’t spend a year raging against them, didn’t harass the filmmakers and actors, call them names. Check my book collection and I have prequel era books. I’m perfectly comfortable with their existence even if I don’t care for them.

Once again buddy, you selectively overstate things to suit a narrative. Your reflex like “but the prequels were s**t” excuses would suggest some damage.

And I haven’t raged. Or called them names, or harrased them. Don’t even have a Twitter account, so not sure who you are referring to here.

The Last Jedi was disappointing, full of inconsistencies and I call a spade a spade when referring to it. It will always be relevant when discussing worst Star Wars films.

Nobody here has harassed anyone either, but you can bet your bottom dollar if creatives used social media in the early 2000s to make themselves publicly accessible like the way they do today they certainly would have been harassed by the extremes the same way people from TLJ have, but even more vitriol I reckon.

You really carry on as if the threats and bigoted insults used are par for the course amongst those who weren't happy with TLJ, then double down by denying this reaction ever happened in the past.

Lucas was literally compared to a rapist.

Stop proclaiming victim hood for the people that made exactly the movie they set out to make, that they knew not everyone would be happy about, then didn't expect backlash.

OMG, he's back with another INSANE vlog on SW.

Fck me, this is horrific.

JackOutback , I seriously want to abandon SW due to these insane people that infest SW fandom. I hate mental imbalance, disarray, delusions, cries for help, etc it genuinely makes me feel sick.

Maybe stop posting their videos then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passed onto me from another BF SW person....

------------------

From Reddit:

A trusted source (who has relayed other information that has since proven to be correct) has shared some new details about what we may be seeing when IX hits theaters this December. Some of the information you're about to read lines up with what other sources (such as Making Star Wars) have previously put out there while other parts are new. I first learned of some of the duplicate information prior to reading it elsewhere which increases my confidence that what my source has told me is true (that or this is all an elaborate ploy and we've all been duped, but only time will tell if that's the case). Without any further delay, here's what I've been told:

• Luke and Leia appear in multiple flashbacks, including at least one scene where Leia is being trained or is discussing Jedi training with Luke. The outcome of the training is uncertain. It is also unclear if Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill filmed these scenes and will be de-aged, or if they are portrayed by younger actors and CG'd like Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One. My source has heard nothing about about Han appearing in any flashbacks.
  • Leia's role as Resistance leader is being said to be of a similar in size to her TFA role, perhaps even smaller, though her flashback scenes make her seem more present in the film. No confirmation on whether Leia lives or dies in the film.
  • There are solid red First Order Troopers, yet their role is unclear at this point in time.
  • Nien Nunb appears in an identical costume from the previous films and has a larger role than either TFA or TLJ.
  • The Knights of Ren do appear and each have a distinct weapon of choice as has been previously seen in TFA and the concept art for that film.
    • We don't have any confirmation that the any of the Knights previously seen in TFA will or won't be appearing in IX.
  • Keri Russell's character is a bounty hunter with an allegiance that is unclear to my source. Keri's character wears a purple (nearly magenta) jumpsuit with bronze/gold accessories, including an elongated helmet.
    • Think about a fancier version of Zam Wesell and my source says that will get you pretty close.
  • Naomi Ackie's character is supposedly Finn's sister.
    • Moderator's note: This point was presented to my source as factual like all the other parts of this post, but I believe it might be wise to take this one with a grain of salt until other sources can corroborate this particular bit of information.
  • C-3PO has a scene where he holds military gear. It's unclear whether he actually fires any weapons though.
    • My source doesn't recall exact details but 3PO appeared to have a bag or net (not unlike the Ewok trap net) and what he/she believes to be Chewie's bowcaster.

Awesome speculation video. By a Vlogger on youtube I really really like. He's awesome, very sensible, unbiased, doesn't waffle on, etc.

I highly recommend you watch this video. And don't pretend you did, I always know if you did or not :moustache:

Spoiler: I didn’t.

I did watch the Mark Hammil one above. You should too. Especially the bit about ‘STOP TRYING TO SPOIL THE MOVIE FOR YOURSELF’. :)

Spoiler: I didn’t.

I did watch the Mark Hammil one above. You should too. Especially the bit about ‘STOP TRYING TO SPOIL THE MOVIE FOR YOURSELF’. :)
I'd rather spoil the entire movie to myself before release date. I hate not knowing something. Obviously, I wouldn't spoil it for anyone else (spoiler tags will occur when there is more concrete leaks).

But after watching all these videos, you still won't know ;)
most of ep9 has already leaked. essential plot points, new actor roles, mcguffins, even intricate scene details here and there. more will leak as we near release.

and even if one werent looking, the general gist of ep9 most people are aware of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back