Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Sorry guys, I tried.

CFCD8499-C769-48C2-B12E-409288A5278F.png

Phasma who is the most dissapointing hyped as major character with minimal impact on the plot...
still got more airtime than those ren knights.
The whole Rey/Kylo connection is borne from that flashback.
But yeah..... dont worry bout it.
Weve got Del toros charcter which adds everything.

The Phasma/Finn character development pairing would have been a great mirror for Rey/Renn. Each facing their nemesis, Finn filled with hate for Phasma as she beats him up but slightly less beating each time until he listens to Rey and lets go of his anger, at some point in the final fight in Episode 9 she is going to fall off a plot bridge and he will catch her hand - her hate for Finn will lead to her dying but he won't have been the one who killed her, being good made him try and save her but being evil had her spit in his face and she falls to her death.

They love that simple s**t, I'm disappointed they didn't explore an arc like that given how tight the stories are together in timeline.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Phasma.
The new homage to Boba Fett.
A big character who comes to a pedestrian end.
They keep messing up these armored characters who had a lot of potential....

Boba Fett
Captain Phasma
The Stormtroopers
Snoke's Praetorian Guards
The Knights of Ren

Let's hope they get The Mandalorian right.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Phasma.
The new homage to Boba Fett.
A big character who comes to a pedestrian end.

We were promised after TFA that she would get more screen time in the next film instead she a had a few extra lines and a cheap death.

I have no doubt in my mind that the actress who played Phasma would have been disappointed.

edit- from what I've read so far 9 sounds very promising I faith in JJ in that he will correct all the things wrong with TLJ in 9.

Last edited:

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We were promised after TFA that she would get more screen time in the next film instead she a had a few extra lines and a cheap death.

I have no doubt in my mind that the actress who played Phasma would have been disappointed.

edit- from what I've read so far 9 sounds very promising I faith in JJ in that he will correct all the things wrong with TLJ in 9.

I vaguely remember reading that she had something like 10 minutes of additional footage that was filmed, including a larger battle scene with an army against finn (before BB8 rescue) that was then left on the cutting floor (in part) to extend canto blight and the opening bombing scenes.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Been confirmed that Disney and LucasFilm are so worried about IX that they've crawled back to George Lucas to ask for his help. He already was confirmed to be directing a scene or two with a Legacy character in IX, but now there's new leaks/confirmation he's doing a whole lot more in regards to post-production, editing, etc.

Kind of like how R1 and Solo, both directors got GL to help, and both those films are the best Disney era SW movies. Whilst TFA and TLJ both broke a lot of GL rules, and went it alone without his help, and those two are the weakest movies.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lucas confirmed to direct a scene or two, wait what? Where has this been confirmed GG?
That was confirmed ages ago. An article about it. He wasn't going to get credit for it, just a nice touching thing by JJ. This was like around August-November 2018. JJ asked GL to direct a scene, with a legacy character or two involved, probably a Lando/Luke one. Emotional moment, get the most out of the performers, a last goodbye between Mark/George/etc to wrap up the Saga.

But since then....now he's actually being asked for help in polishing up the script, edits, general story, advising on aspects, etc. The video above guy reads the article where that's confirmed. The previous bit you asked about was similarly confirmed in the last qtr of 2018.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think this weekend I might make a video on youtube, directed at all the SW fan vloggers out there. Criticizing them, the do's and dont's, from an audience perspective. All the sniffing phlegm back up while talking, all the tics, showing their pets, reading articles out loud, etc. Tell them all to get fcked and to change their ways, be more professional.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
That was confirmed ages ago. An article about it. He wasn't going to get credit for it, just a nice touching thing by JJ. This was like around August-November 2018. JJ asked GL to direct a scene, with a legacy character or two involved, probably a Lando/Luke one. Emotional moment, get the most out of the performers, a last goodbye between Mark/George/etc to wrap up the Saga.

But since then....now he's actually being asked for help in polishing up the script, edits, general story, advising on aspects, etc. The video above guy reads the article where that's confirmed. The previous bit you asked about was similarly confirmed in the last qtr of 2018.

Sorry I should’ve been clearer in my earlier post. What I mean is who confirmed it? Is it confirmed via lucasfilm (which makes it legit) or “confirmed” via a fan site?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
If it’s via MSW, then it’s definitely got some legs and some credibility. But far from confirmed, which is what I was originally referring to.

I guess will have to wait and see what unfolds from Abrams etc in the coming months before knowing this for sure.

never have. just post stuff to drum up chat. what i DID say months ago was itd be interesting to see his hit ratio. but as a vlogger hes intolerable, horrific like the others.

Right.. lol.

Back