Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
MSW leak about Kylo's helmet, who fixes it, the KoR in the same scene, and the general location of that entire sequence.

Spoilers: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and the monkey business to reforge Kylo Ren’s mask.

You're gonna get hairy palms!

Jason Ward

For a while on Now, This is Podcasting! we have discussed this ape like creature that would feature in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. If you watched the trailer carefully, you can see that the mask of Kylo Ren has a character with hairy hands in the shot. That shot confirmed a lot of things about the sequence. Often when you hear things about a sequence and a monkey’s involved you wait for a little confirmation before diving not the scene publicly. When I imagine fakers trying to fool me like Bart Simpson prank calling Moe’s Tavern, this is kind of the stuff that comes to mind.

The hands and the mask:

“Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!” – The Mask Kylo’s Creepy Castle

The sequence takes place at a creepy castle type of set. I’ve heard “Creepy Castle” and “Sith Temple” but I’m not as always it can be hard to discern if “Sith” is being used synonymously with “evil” when it pertains to Star Wars. I’m leaning towards it being a creepy castle because the only time I heard anything about a Sith and a monkey it was when they filmed one for Palpatine in The Empire Strikes Back’s first iteration of his first appearance.

Kylo Ren and his Knights of Ren are at the dark location together. The castle or creepy domain is owned by this “ape man” who agrees to help Kylo Ren fix his mask and and to activate a device that will take him and his knights towards their goals. First they must “reforge” the mask and then they’ll be ready to continue on their quest.
Blocked

There was ash involved outside which means it could be Mustafar. However, sources are mixed on this and when Rey and Kylo “flash fight” later on there’s ash there too which confuses if these are connected or not.
The Knights of Ren Are Nervous Like Expectant Fathers

People I trust on the crew at Pinewood saw a trailer Abrams cut that was pretty long and showed off their work. People who worked on the film said The Knights of Ren actually stalk around the work being done excited and eager for the work to be done. They sound like a rowdy and evil bunch of degenerates. I think there is more to the mask than we know because the knights see this act as extremely important. I mean, they all have makes and its not cool if Kylo doesn’t too, right? He’s totally ruing the look of the gang.

A Sith-wannabe, Six Knights, and a Monkey Walk into a Creepy Castle…

The confusing part is people have seen shots of Kylo fixing the mask himself, The Knights of Ren aiding in the repair, and the ape with the hands we saw in the trailer. A part of me wonders if the ape fixes it and they do a ritual around it that makes it seem like they’re fixing it if you didn’t see the entire sequence. Do they all work on the mask to bring their specializations to it or did they film it a few different ways before making a choice about how it went down?

Will This Make the Cut?

I heard the script was around 260 pages last summer and things shifted quite a bit on this film as the story was fleshed out. With that in mind, unless this is a very long Star Wars film, I imagine lots of tiny details will be chopped from the movie. If it wasn’t for part of this propelling the story forward, I would think this sequence could be explained away in a line about his mask being fixed. When we saw the mask being reforged in the trailer I did kind of start to worry that it was one of the moments they’d toss us now to answer how the mask was fixed and then cut it and we’d see the movie and not question the mask too much. But to be clear, this is just conjecture on my part.

A Final Note about Castles in The Rise of Skywalker

The “Castle” set we were seeing photos of was for a miner town and not this location. The ” castle fish market” is not this location. More on that later!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
here you go, boys and girls, the essential plot of IX leaked, with some character details....

1556690084624.png

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
This was posted on 4chan in February, and was constantly deleted by admin there. Someone tho took a screencap before it was deleted, and posted this info again in reddit to verify some things.

Sidenote...this backs up what I said a week or two ago, how all these "obvious" LucasFilm story group people were attacking me relentlessly for days, negging all my comments, and were just too transparent (posting unreleased storygroup production notes to contest points i was making).

----------------------------------------

To begin, Hello everyone.

We all know about this sub. It is constantly monitored. I will only use initials when speaking of someone for legal purposes. I will not provide any type of proof, say who I work with, for, or anything whatsoever to anyone here or in private. This is a take it or leave it situation. I do have to warn you. There are actual paid players on these subs to go yay or nay, you can thank the mouse house for that. Doubled in the past couple of years due to VIII, so be careful who you interact with and what they are feeding you, by essence, that includes me.

Now let's get on with this.

1.The recent rumor concerning Disney + and all the series. It's partially true. We intentionally leak to some of the SW outlets, some have come out with the information, some haven't yet for whatever reason, but nothing, (I will state this) no production is yet set in stone. For the next few weeks, they, another team, (I am not involved in that process) will be gaging the ones, or one, that have stuck to the wall the most, and been spoken about the most, or have gone the most viral. Those are the ones, or the one who will be green lit right before an announcement or the announcements will be made in Chicago and perhaps in San Diego on July 20th.

2. The RJ leaving his trilogy rumor. Complicated but also partially true. There has been some concern, on both sides, about the outcome of the endeavor. Kid you not, there has been some hard work already going into it (early concepts story boarding, some early art etc) but I haven't seen any of it, and from what we've heard it's on the back-burner for right now. The outcome of (IX) will determine whether RJ continues or walks away. It has nothing to do with BO numbers. It has to do with how well the reaction is online globally from the High grade fanbase, the casual fans or any other influential entity to the finale. Too much neg, will have a chain reaction down the pipeline, from people to projects ongoing or in dev. One person that may have much more on his plate then bargained for, if this is the case, is DF.

3. About KK, although given a contract ext (It is mainly one for services rendered, a thank you) She will also make a final decision after this finale. As for any type, or her announcement, it may be in early summer 2020 or at her will, but in 2020. Not sure if she will see her contract through till 21' .

4. The Story group. There are changes coming. Some of them don't even know it yet, but they've all heard the rumors. KH leaving (and yes she did leave) was her seemingly taking on a new boat, one that has no holes in it. DF may be boarding the other boat with hull tape in hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have an answer which can be retconned if needed because I assume making Rey's memory cloudy because she is a kid is easily explainable. I prefer the nothing angle but don't mind either way.
Okay, so it was not explicitly stated in the last movie? I saw it once and for the life of me cannot recall.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Knights of Ren look sick.
And I’m guessing that photo of Luke and R2 is from when the temple was burning down, no way would they reveal a look at what his potential role would be in this movie.

That was my first thought too, but his hair is shorter and beard looks darker in the flashback:
1558606966671.png

1558607018080.png

1558606825142.png

I reckon that's him as a Force ghost on the new jungle planet.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Let's hope this is more than just spin.

One of the major criticisms hurled at The Force Awakens was that it was essentially a rehash of A New Hope. For all its faults, The Last Jedi was happy to live or die as its own beast – and this freedom was something Abrams was keen to carry over to The Rise of Skywalker. “On VII, I felt beholden to Star Wars,” he said. “[Episode IX] felt slightly more like, you know, ‘* it.’ I’m going to do the thing that feels right because it does, not because it adheres to something.”

Back