Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Meaning he's transitioned to force ghost, force is inherently neutral, there's no position that "light" ghost is unable to transition to "dark" ghost and flip flop, thus Vader is not truly dead as it is Anakin as ghost.

You are suggesting that there is zero chance of a flip, considering we've seen taint of armour is still "dark" so there must still be residual "dark" energy within the universe tied to the person.

Dark Side users can't come back as Force ghosts though.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently George Lucas DID get consulted a lot by JJ and Terio, brought into scriptwriting sessions and shoots to help with including Legends material and to help create a big reveal for Rey's identity.

Disney are planning for Rey's identity reveal to be bigger than the "Iam your father" moment in TESB, such that it also has saga-wide implications -- reverberating across the PT, OT, and ST, changing how we perceive everything. In ROTJ we also got the revelation Leia and Luke are twins. Back then, nobody was expecting anything of the sort, and a simple set and script trickery helped also sell it to the actors involved. Also no internet back then.

This time around, however, it's almost an impossible task trying to fabricate such an iconic cinema/cultural moment again. Especially as Rey's identity has been Mystery Box'd to hell, and every known theory has been delved over already.

The obvious ones that stand out...Rey is Shmi, Rey is Padme, Rey is Plagueis, Rey is Luke's hand, etc etc. I highly doubt they could pull anything like that TESB moment off again with anything like those suggestions. Everyone is expecting something like that now.

Could also be a red-herring, fake info so people expect something huge but it's something not huge at all, or a misdirection where it's another character who has the big reveal, not Rey.

If indeed there is a big reveal, I'm thinking they pulled a similar trick on all the actors in the movie too, so that none of them knew it at the time of shooting, a special scene/script re-write given to Rey and another actor, but all the other actors were given a different script so were blown away when Rey acted out what her special script was.

Still, I like a few comments from youtube....

--------

Bigger than 'I am your Father'?
Kylo Ren: I ... Am your Brother...
Rey: Noooo! That's not true. That's impossible!

She’s Yoda’s mother...but also Yoda’s grandchild

Palpatine is Anakin's father. Palpatine fathered another child many years later with a different mother. Rey is that child. Anakin Skywalker and Rey are brother and sister -- that's the shocking moment we're going to receive.

Having to fix everything the last guy screwed up in one movie must be a hell of a job

Sounds like a bad "Back to the future" style fix fest. I hope they can pull it off, but it seems pretty screwed up...especially to hope to accomplish all this in just one movie

What if Rey's real name is revealed in TROS as Mary Sue

I suppose if you're going to kill the franchise you might as well kill it properly and make sure it's stone dead

Having Lucas and JJ trying to fix it is like having a doctor putting a baby back in the womb after an abortion

Jesus Christ.

Throwing a man with a foot in the grave down a shaft to save your only son doesn't cancel out setting up and spending years maintaining a fascist dictatorship.
It does in Star Wars.

Has this actually been established in new canon? It’s never explicitly mentioned in the movies, don’t recall it being mentioned in the new books.
Yes.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Never mind, google shows it was mentioned in the ROTS novel (not the movie) and implied in The Clone Wars. Funnily enough, there’s a link to more than 30 examples of dark side ghosts in Legends that was canon for years after ROTS and Clone Wars :think:

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Has this actually been established in new canon? It’s never explicitly mentioned in the movies, don’t recall it being mentioned in the new books.

I wouldn’t know where to try and find footage of it, but Lucas mentioned this a few times during interviews promoting the prequels.

From memory, he spoke about it most in the lead up to ROTS. He referred to Kenobi’s line from ANH “If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine” as being amongst the most important moments in Star Wars.

And that mystique of the fire would be explained in full detail (which funnily enough it didn’t really get the attention that he talked up). But I recall him saying a few times that it’s the pinnacle of Jedi powers, and vice versa Jedis can’t do lightning.

I wouldn’t know where to try and find footage of it, but Lucas mentioned this a few times during interviews promoting the prequels.

From memory, he spoke about it most in the lead up to ROTS. He referred to Kenobi’s line from ANH “If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine” as being amongst the most important moments in Star Wars.

And that mystique of the fire would be explained in full detail (which funnily enough it didn’t really get the attention that he talked up). But I recall him saying a few times that it’s the pinnacle of Jedi powers, and vice versa Jedis can’t do lightning.

Yoda did lightning.

Back