Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 707204

Sith Troopers - rumoured to answer to Kylo Ren/KoR only.
On the salt planet this ground trouper would of made some sense, but the new creators haven't had any of that since the credits ended on Ep 7. Yawn... and like the above poster said, very obvious from the Disney money making machine and Hasbro.

Jun 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
here's an article trying to explain why it works....

This new transparency may reflect Kylo Ren's current state of mind. In 2017's Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Kylo expressed a desire to see the ways of old die out, and was clear to point out that the Sith were very much included in this culling. Now the undisputed leader of the First Order, Kylo appears to have had a change of heart, and is openly intertwining the Sith and the First Order.
Plot twist. LOL.

This new transparency may reflect Kylo Ren's current state of mind. In 2017's Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Kylo expressed a desire to see the ways of old die out, and was clear to point out that the Sith were very much included in this culling. Now the undisputed leader of the First Order, Kylo appears to have had a change of heart, and is openly intertwining the Sith and the First Order.
Plot twist. LOL.
Chuckled at that too.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Disney doubled down in a way anyone critical of Lucas and hopeful of the new era should find very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s been no doubling down; ever since Lucas secured the merchandising rights, Star Wars has become a cash cow to be milked. This is business as usual.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
There’s been no doubling down; ever since Lucas secured the merchandising rights, Star Wars has become a cash cow to be milked. This is business as usual.

It is milking harder than ever, there was some hope a more pure execution of telling Star Wars stories would come of the new era, clearly that hasn't been the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not like. I know Star Wars is all about the new toys but this seems particularly obvious.
"particularly" obvious would suggest this is worse than ever, no?

Nah, there were plenty of examples from the PT that were also particularly obvious. Hell, even going back to ROTJ.

I can't think of anything to this extent. Only thing that comes close is the troopers in Rogue One and they were at least believable.

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
Haven’t been here for months and after reading the past 10 pages <insert Grandpa Simpson walking in walking out gif>

zGHQb4O.gif

So is it asked, So shall it be done.

hes probably onto something there. star wars cannot move forward anymore, theres nowhere it can go, and also TLJ was a closer. all they can do is make a time travel movie, the only thing star wars has yet to do.

It can, but it wont because its merch & money instead of opera and absurd.

Arguably TLJ was a secondary entry, where TFA was "original canon" entry in following on, TLJ was the polar opposite of "new & fresh" which schismed the fanchise a bit as it was both familiar and alien at the same time, so they don't have to do time related things.

They simply need to expand the universe, instead of blowing s**t up. Bring in the chiss, bring in actual sith, have philosophy instead of ordinance and classic opposition.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
It can, but it wont because its merch & money instead of opera and absurd.

Arguably TLJ was a secondary entry, where TFA was "original canon" entry in following on, TLJ was the polar opposite of "new & fresh" which schismed the fanchise a bit as it was both familiar and alien at the same time, so they don't have to do time related things.

They simply need to expand the universe, instead of blowing s**t up. Bring in the chiss, bring in actual sith, have philosophy instead of ordinance and classic opposition.
the tropes, cant move forward. theres nothing else that resonates.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure about time travel but could see movies after this being set in the past to dodge "What about the future of Skywalkers and Jedi?". If the first two of this trilogy are a guide Disney really don't want to put any effort into the setting of and explaining the future.

A New Hope-Return of the Jedi period is always there when they want to tap "Remember this???" nostalgia.

Old Republic-The Phantom Menace era if they want something new or more alien oriented but still want Jedis and lightsabers (which they will).

Last edited:
In light of the last couple years and recent spat of news regarding the direction of a couple movies......The Rise Of Skywalker will be the last cinematic movie I see.

I'm no longer paying to watch virtue signalling, PC propaganda in movies.

From now on it'll only be Podcasts, MMA and Playstation as my only source of entertainment.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
In light of the last couple years and recent spat of news regarding the direction of a couple movies......The Rise Of Skywalker will be the last cinematic movie I see.

I'm no longer paying to watch virtue signalling, PC propaganda in movies.

From now on it'll only be Podcasts, MMA and Playstation as my only source of entertainment.
Amen, brother. Same.

Back