Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Jun 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Noone is ever dead.

tenor.gif

No one REALLY cares about how the story ends anymore.

Disney well and truly f’ed the living hell out of this franchise with TLJ and Solo beige-fest.

People have been tuning in a lot to all the criticisms of Disney/LFL and have taken note. All the things Mark Hamill said, all the subtle criticisms of how Disney mishandled the treatment of the ST, all the SJWism they've infested into it, all the abuse by Disney/LFL toward the fans over TLJ etc etc.

You can see that turning away from SW in a variety of other areas, that portends IX will be a major flop -- galaxy's edge a ghost town, merchandise sales flat-lining, sales of books/comics, etc.

STAR WARS IS DEAD.

So for a third time you're going to ignore my comments about Galaxy's Edge?

Get a grip.

Books and comics are selling fine too.

there are no official stats, financials, numbers for GE so it could still be either a failure or success

Apart from all the merch being sold out and queues for all the areas?

If there's no stats etc. how do you know it's a failure?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

i read an article that has some guesstimates of waitng times for rides and general crowds and says its a lot lower waiting times than other recent theme parks opened in the last five years and the crowd numbers much thinner

i read an article that has some guesstimates of waitng times for rides and general crowds and says its a lot lower waiting times than other recent theme parks opened in the last five years and the crowd numbers much thinner

"Guesstimates"

So if there's waiting times at all, it's not empty, right?

So really what you're saying instead of "Galaxy's Edge is an empty failure" is "Galaxy's Edge is slightly less popular than many other theme parks that have opened recently". But I guess that's not as catchy? ;)

Keep in mind there's only one ride open there at the moment and the other opens after IX.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
"Guesstimates"

So if there's waiting times at all, it's not empty, right?

So really what you're saying instead of "Galaxy's Edge is an empty failure" is "Galaxy's Edge is slightly less popular than many other theme parks that have opened recently". But I guess that's not as catchy? ;)

Keep in mind there's only one ride open there at the moment and the other opens after IX.
only one rife, waiting time has been shown to be only 30-60 minutes.....meanwhile some other recent theme park on opening, with tons more rides all available had 1-2 hr waiting time.

shows how empty GE is.

only one rife, waiting time has been shown to be only 30-60 minutes.....meanwhile some other recent theme park on opening, with tons more rides all available had 1-2 hr waiting time.

shows how empty GE is.

So again, not a ghost town if it has an hour wait for a ride..

Also consider that there's a s**t ton of other stuff to do there, apparently the cantina is far more popular than they expected, the merch is sold out months in advance - they don't have replacement stock coming for several months - everyone's loving building lightsabers, etc.

On any metric you want, you're wrong, and I've point it out to you three times now but you persist with the same line of argument. Critically analyse the stuff you read for once.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
So again, not a ghost town if it has an hour wait for a ride..

Also consider that there's a s**t ton of other stuff to do there, apparently the cantina is far more popular than they expected, the merch is sold out months in advance - they don't have replacement stock coming for several months - everyone's loving building lightsabers, etc.

On any metric you want, you're wrong, and I've point it out to you three times now but you persist with the same line of argument. Critically analyse the stuff you read for once.
sure, get hung up on semantics like "ghost town", its just a descriptive term, not some exact factual science.

"omg we KILLED the lions pies today" when a team wins by 20 pts....rile against semantics.

sure, get hung up on semantics like "ghost town", its just a descriptive term, not some exact factual science.

"omg we KILLED the lions pies today" when a team wins by 20 pts....rile against semantics.

Nice backpedal.

It's not semantics, it's a continued deluded narrative from you that the park is a failure because you've seen a few angry youtube videos.

I'd go to Galaxy's Edge just for the (s**tty sequel) Falcon. Nothing else.

Nothing else? The cantina is apparently really fun, and there's a part where you can build a lightsaber and do all sorts of things. If anything the Falcon is low on my interest list because I'm guessing it's reasonably short and you have to queue.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

A single article in the Daily Mail based on some tweets that showed other parts of Disneyland (not Galaxy’s Edge) looking empty, but without any context of when they were taken.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Nothing else? The cantina is apparently really fun, and there's a part where you can build a lightsaber and do all sorts of things. If anything the Falcon is low on my interest list because I'm guessing it's reasonably short and you have to queue.
I’m getting too old to queue for more than 10 mins for anything. I can’t imagine going to Disneyland and having to queue for an hour for several rides. If you’re there for eight hours, you’re not getting that much done.

I’m getting too old to queue for more than 10 mins for anything. I can’t imagine going to Disneyland and having to queue for an hour for several rides. If you’re there for eight hours, you’re not getting that much done.

Exactly, I actually think that a lot have stayed away because they assume it's going to be ridiculously crowded with crazy queues, but it sounds like they've managed it well, and you can buy VIP tickets or whatever to skip the queues, which I think I'll do when I eventually go.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion

It looks too much like 'generic sci-fi land!' to me. To each their own but it isn't something I immediately identify with Star Wars.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

Same, can’t deal with queues. The extra money for the front of line passes for these types of theme parks are absolutely worth it though if/when you decide to go.

It’s probably gone up now, but last trip to universal studios was an extra $60 USD per person. Wouldn’t do it any other way.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Be wary of trailers. I thought TLJ has fantastic previews and posters. They made my hopes and expectations incredibly high.

What I got was a yo mamma joke.

At least the Phantom Menace squeezed out twenty odd minutes before it was clear it was not going to be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back