Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Remove this Banner Ad

caMoGFC

Bigfooty Super Elite
Jul 24, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
who is getting and looking forward to this title?

i reckon it will be sick using the force to smash all comers into walls and crush them with giant objects....

hopefully they can capture a feeling similar....but not quite as powerful as the gravity gun in the final level of half life 2...simply because it made the game too easy to just waltz by.....

but if it ended up being that powerful it could just add to the fun! lol

Is this the one which is coming out on wii? if so i have been looking foward to it for ages, so much fun with the wii mote, im going to look like a complete douche when playing it :p

Gravity gun was epic. I can see this game potentially being all graphics and physics with no strong story or actual gameplay to back it up.

Maybe that's me just being a cynical PC user which isn't getting the game :p

Does it have online?

Is this the one which is coming out on wii? if so i have been looking foward to it for ages, so much fun with the wii mote, im going to look like a complete douche when playing it :p

yes it's on the wii.....pretty sure it's even on the psp and ps2 but dumbed down a bit.

Gravity gun was epic. I can see this game potentially being all graphics and physics with no strong story or actual gameplay to back it up.

Maybe that's me just being a cynical PC user which isn't getting the game :p

Does it have online?

well george lucas has given this the thumbs up as being a tie in chapter to the whole star wars universe and EVERYTHING must go through him to be accepted....so story wise it will most likely be exceptionally strong.

i guess we'll know more about the gameplay etc...as more footage is released.

and as for online....i'm pretty sure i read a while ago that it has online battles but don't take my word for it....

sorry if i'm a bit vague in this reply...rushing it a bit as i'm bout to jump in for a cod4 session

yes it's on the wii.....pretty sure it's even on the psp and ps2 but dumbed down a bit.
Available on the PS3, PSP, PS2, Wii, XBOX 360 and Nintedo DS.

Hopefully it doesn't make the next gen versions worse that they are having to put it onto so many systems.

Really looking forward to this. The game looks incredible. Shame its not coming to PC.

Is really good :thumbsu:

The game feels right and the controls are simple to use, but using the force to its full capacity will be a challenge

Graphically its good, but had some bugs in it (very early demo code i played)

Even playing as Darth feels right.... This one could be one of the better Star Wars games

If you pre order, you also get a collectable figurine, not available for retail (as of yet) got mine, have been debating on whether to sell it, but don't think i would be allowed :cool:

Anyone played the demo yet, its out on XBL, on PSN as well i guess.

Had a crack last night. Got potential i think. Takes a bit of getting used to the camera, and aiming up that crate just right to smash it into a stormtrooper. But yeah, fun

havn't and won't personally d/l the demo

but i have heard nothing but good things from a few friends that have so am really looking forward to it

Hoping like anything that it turns out to be one of the best games this year, but keep getting the feeling that it might end up being a repetitive and massively dulled down version of Half Life 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping like anything that it turns out to be one of the best games this year, but keep getting the feeling that it might end up being a repetitive and massively dulled down version of Half Life 2.

Odd comparison?

I dunno. was pretty fun to play even the short demo. The worlds look amazingly varied and i imagine you'll keep gaining some cool new powers and upgrading the ones you have by leveling up, ala mass effect

was at my mates house and watched him play the demo and i must say i was pretty happy with what i saw

already have this game fully pre-ordered and can't wait to get my mitts on the full thing

Odd comparison?
Wouldn't have thought so, having played the game I guess you know what it is like, but from me just having seen vids I see alot of Half Life about it, obviously mainly in the Havok physics, and the ability to lift and throw objects/people.

I'll get the game on day one, but I won't be having huge expectations for it.

Wouldn't have thought so,
HL2 is one of my favourite games HBK, but i still think its an odd comparison.

For starters this is 3rd person, not first person like half life 2. Its not a shooter, you don't have any projectile weapons at all, just your lightsaber and force powers, you also have the force like ability of being able to jump high in the air and hang suspended while fighting enemies.

Beyond being able to pick up objects with the force ala the gravity gun, the comparisons are pretty hard to come by. Its got havok physics but its fair to say thats been boosted up with some new whizzbangery, such as the realistic reaction of objects to force powers (metal bending, trees being smashed off etc)

Anyways...you'll see all this when and if you play it

devil may cry is probably a better comparison...

but instead of guns and swords you have force powers and a lightsaber

(for the record i know where you're coming from with the HL2 comparisons HBK)

Available on the PS3, PSP, PS2, Wii, XBOX 360 and Nintedo DS.

Hopefully it doesn't make the next gen versions worse that they are having to put it onto so many systems.

The PS3 and 360 versions are being done by one developer, the PSP / PS2 / Wii / DS version are being done by another developer.

The PS3 / 360 versions will be different from the other, as to not effect quality.

Have d/l'd the demo, yet to actually give it a spin though. Have heard good things

Gave the demo a go. Thought it was really good. Can see it being a very cool game.

Although Darth Vader sounds absolutely ridiculous.

yeh i agree....didn't sound like him at all

i think if i gave it a few goes i could nail vader 20 times better than that schlub....
it might be the same guy as in sould calibur 4....but from memory sounded better in SC4

cool - just go a Wii and it would kick some tail to swing the sabre with the wiimote. Although, someone with a camera might just catch Star Wars kids V.2

cool - just go a Wii and it would kick some tail to swing the sabre with the wiimote. Although, someone with a camera might just catch Star Wars kids V.2

Star Wars Clone Wars: Lightsabre Duels is coming out which would bring out that star wars kid in you even more so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back