Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Yeah, essentially part of the Coruscant Nights series; I kinda liked the idea of a Jedi trying to remain hidden from Vader post ROTS, think it would be a good film idea for a standalone, with an appearance by Vader.

Was basically a desperate attempt to fix that trilogy, which was so disappointing. I enjoyed that Reaves had built up a loose saga (Shadow Hunter, Med-Star Duology, Coruscant Nights trilogy) with a through-line of characters (think Pavan was in Shadow Hunter, then his droid and other characters turn up in Med-Star, then his son in Coruscant Nights). First three books were great, but the Nights trilogy was awful and full of errors.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Was basically a desperate attempt to fix that trilogy, which was so disappointing. I enjoyed that Reaves had built up a loose saga (Shadow Hunter, Med-Star Duology, Coruscant Nights trilogy) with a through-line of characters (think Pavan was in Shadow Hunter, then his droid and other characters turn up in Med-Star, then his son in Coruscant Nights). First three books were great, but the Nights trilogy was awful and full of errors.
I didn’t really care for the Med-Star duology, loved Shadow Hunter and The Last Jedi was good. Remember being mixed on the Nights trilogy; I liked the idea and the main character.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
So what happened? Vader has a dream that he turns on Sidious, kills tons of Clones, etc. He snaps back to reality. Goes to visit Sidious. Sidious tells him there's a powerful Jedi on Naboo that needs to be destroyed, that he knows his true identity. So Vader goes there and......??.....Vader has a flashback to that dream or there's actually a Jedi there? Sorry, I'm a bit thick at the moment.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
it's finally up....VADER - fan fiction Lucasfilm approved movie (first of several future episodes to be made)

It’s pretty good for a fan film though it feel very fanfictiony.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s pretty good for a fan film though it feel very fanfictiony.
Fan-fictiony story ... yep, definitely.
I saw another video of his, where he wrote a script for an animated SW movie or "what I wouldve done for TLJ"...and it was too fan-fictiony as well.
Too wordy as well.
But not a bad effort as a visual thing.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
To be released in 2019....

Vader Immortal — virtual reality experience

No specific date has been set, but this virtual reality title will be released for the $399 Oculus Quest, which hits stores this spring. ILMxLAB has developed the immersive game, which was written and executive produced by The Dark Knight screenwriter David S. Goyer. Players will journey to Vader’s castle on the lava world of Mustafar and face the Sith Lord on his treacherous home turf. Two other installments are planned for the future.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
also....

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order game

1546578921271.png

Another interactive game for Star Wars fans is this secret project from EA, which created the recent Battlefront reboot, and its Respawn Entertainment division, responsible for the Titanfall games. Again, no release date has been confirmed, but Fallen Order will debut in time for next holiday season, according to the game maker. It will focus on a Padawan trainee who survived the Jedi massacre seen in Revenge of the Sith.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
more things releasing this year......

Vader: Dark Visions #1

1546579005181.png

This Marvel comic book title set for March reframes the Sith Lord not as a villain but as a kind of anti-hero. He’s even on horseback (or whatever creature that steed is). Written by Dennis Hopeless with art by Paolo Villanelli, Dark Visions #1 promises to explore galactic locales so sinister “Darth Vader can be someone’s greatest fear, and even … someone’s greatest hope!”

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Obi-Wan #1

Marvel is also delivering a series of standalone comics as part of the prequel-era Age of the Republic series written by Jody Houser and illustrated by Luke Ross and Cory Smith. Out this week is this Obi-Wan Kenobi story in which the veteran Jedi is still getting used to Padawan trainee Anakin Skywalker as they pursue an ancient holocron artifact.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Star Wars: Age of the Republic Special #1

1546579153619.png

This trilogy includes stories about the baddest good guy in the galaxy — Mace Windu (by Old Man Hawkeye scribe Ethan Sacks), Sith huntress Asajj Ventress (by Houser), and clone trooper hero Captain Rex (by Young X-Men writer Marc Guggenheim). A Jar Jar Binks story, hinted at in this image, has reportedly been pulled from the Jan. 16 release.

Back