Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can't focus on audio only because I end up getting distracted or missing a line of dialogue that unlike in a written book, I can't just re-read, I have to rewind or figure out where I was up to. It's a lot harder to get distracted when reading on a page.

I just can't focus on audio only because I end up getting distracted or missing a line of dialogue that unlike in a written book, I can't just re-read, I have to rewind or figure out where I was up to. It's a lot harder to get distracted when reading on a page.
I agree with you. I thought it was both. Audiobooks are too distracting. I like to go at my own pace.

Not sure which thread to put this in, but Disney has announced it's film schedule, minus most of the detail... three movies to be released in December from 2022 to 2024. Can only assume this will be the beginnings of the RJ and GoT trilogies.

1557294472071.png

I was off by a year:
KK will be around for a few years to come. She'll oversee Episode 9 and assist with the introduction of the streaming platform. Assume that the KK era starts with TFA and ends with Episode 9 - there's four financial successes (Episode 9 will still rake it in) and one flop which is a pretty good tenure.

Using Palpatine foreseeing skills:

From 2020-2023 there'll be a transition period where the reins will be given to someone else, where the streaming service fills the void with a new animated series and live action features before a new cinematic trilogy begins in 2023. This trilogy will be released in 2023, 2025 and 2027 (the third instalment coinciding with the 50th anniversary of ANH for those sweet marketing dollars).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I’d mentioned it in this thread but a novel coming out before Episode IX set between TLJ and TROS, detailing what the Resistance has been up to. Good to see an important canon contribution.

Very surprising one to be honest, and one I'll be very curious to pick up.

Just finished Master & Apprentice. Some wildly different reviews online (some very good, some bad). Personally, I thought it was very good. The opening chapter actually captures the tone and feel of the prequels just right. It feels like it adds to the canon and understanding of characters, particularly Qui-Gon. And the side characters are all pretty interesting and fun too.

Just finished Master & Apprentice. Some wildly different reviews online (some very good, some bad). Personally, I thought it was very good. The opening chapter actually captures the tone and feel of the prequels just right. It feels like it adds to the canon and understanding of characters, particularly Qui-Gon. And the side characters are all pretty interesting and fun too.

Nice, I'll pick it up soon. Just pushing my way through the last few books of NJO.

Do they break any lore?

Nice, I'll pick it up soon. Just pushing my way through the last few books of NJO.
Didn't you laugh at me for only just getting to the Fate of the Jedi series :p Or is this a re-read? Fate of the Jedi was really bog average, a struggle to get to the end, just finished it a couple of weeks back. Looking forward to Alphabet Squadron and Thrawn in the next month.

Do they break any lore?
As pointed out, why would it. Nothing stands out, it gives you background on Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, a little on Dooku. It touches on the Jedi Council and its problems leading up to TPM. I liked it, it fits in well with the prequels.

Why would they?
As pointed out, why would it. Nothing stands out, it gives you background on Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, a little on Dooku. It touches on the Jedi Council and its problems leading up to TPM.

Oh just sometimes with these new era novels, they add things that were previously untouched, or that twist lore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back