Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

I for one never cringed in that moment in Endgame. Loved it.

No perpetuating anti male sentiment, just a 5 second scene where a collection of characters come together. People get angry, I still don't get it.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Mandalorian was woke, it was just woke in a good unobtrusive understated way, not hamfisted.

0f351ceb6c580be5f0696349269fdd54.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Mandalorian wasn't woke.

Too many actors hired who trigger people to claim that.

Carano and Burr wouldn't get a gig if it was.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
No perpetuating anti male sentiment, just a 5 second scene where a collection of characters come together. People get angry, I still don't get it.

It was because it was so cringe worthy lame seems to have been a common view.

Thought people saw it as an eye roll moment, not an angry one.

Mandalorian wasn't woke.

Too many actors hired who trigger people to claim that.

Carano and Burr wouldn't get a gig if it was.
When Carano first appeared I seem to remember plenty of woke complaints.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
When Carano first appeared I seem to remember plenty of woke complaints.

I don't remember anyone saying that about Carano.

People already knew she was legit tough and thought she was perfectly cast as a bad arse.

Same goes for casting Gal Gadot as WW. Tall, athletic and military trained. Perfectly cast.

They bring a real physical presence to the screen, unlike that Marvel girl power cringefest.

I don't remember anyone saying that about Carano.

People already knew she was legit tough and thought she was perfectly cast as a bad arse.

Same goes for casting Gal Gadot as WW. Tall, athletic and military trained. Perfectly cast.

They bring a real physical presence to the screen, unlike that Marvel girl power cringefest.
Looks like a few have been conveniently deleted but this one is still up.
cbd096b40d6839bad717488b57d103e0.jpg

So one.

Gina Carano had already been a kick arse character in Deadpool. There was no issue with seeing her as being some woke token character that I ever saw.

Well I mean I did say a number seem to have been deleted.

Here's a screen grab of one. That's two more than you claimed there were.
20210111_074822.jpg

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
You are creating a culture war in your own head that is embarrassing to watch.

I'm not creating anything. It exists.

We all were around for that utter fraud ******* Anita Sarkeesian's moment in the sun.

And that turd was given air time and money by MSM like they were some expert and not a fraud of a "fan".

There's plenty of clones of that idiot still running around that are in positions to write and report about the series and genres.

If there's no culture war why are there frequent cases of developers as an example telling woke dipshits to go * themselves?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

We all were around for that utter fraud ******* Anita Sarkeesian's moment in the sun.

And that turd was given air time and money by MSM like they were some expert and not a fraud of a "fan".

There's plenty of clones of that idiot still running around that are in positions to write and report about the series and genres.

If there's no culture war why are there frequent cases of developers as an example telling woke dipshits to go fu** themselves?

Because they have nothing better to do and controversy creates cash.

If there's no culture war why are there frequent cases of developers as an example telling woke dipshits to go fu** themselves?
I have no idea who that is.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I have no idea who that is.
Neither do I. I suppose it's easier to imagine a culture war if you dig around the fringes of the internet looking to be offended.

I'm just getting sick to ******* death of so-called 'real' Star Wars fans, you know, the kind that harass Kelly-Marie Tran off Twitter or hate the Acolyte before knowing anything about it because it's written by a (gasp) woman about a woman.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Neither do I. I suppose it's easier to imagine a culture war if you dig around the fringes of the internet looking to be offended.

I'm just getting sick to ******* death of so-call 'real' Star Wars fans, you know, the kind that harass Kelly-Marie Tran off Twitter or hate the Acolyte before knowing anything about it because it's written by a (gasp) woman about a woman.

The fringes?

They were on MSM being put forth as an expert.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I didn't notice it cause I'm a dude but if there is not a single female character speaking in a 45-minute TV show, then yeah, something might be amiss. It's a valid point. Obviously they brought back Dune, introduced Bo Katan and Ahsoka, and Fennec got some time, but people weren't to know that when they raised the issue.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Yep

I always thought it was more this f***er has no idea what they are talking about talk and yet they want their opinion to count the most.

It's like Hip Hop, respect the OGs.

That “*er” as you put it isn’t the one carrying on like a muppet and down playing someone. Real fans, What a laugh.

Back