Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our favorite rumor-mongerer. List of recent videos hes uploaded, all revolving around a rumored civil war in Lucas Film between Favreau/Filoni and Kennedy. Which even if untrue is more interesting than the ST. Apart from ideas like KK is trying to destroy TMs success as a way to get rid of FF, FF fighting back by bringing back the EU and various characters from it into canon for various FF upcoming Disney+ shows including TM, for example, canonizing Darth Talon, and KK weakening FF by demonizing to fire FF supporters like the recently fired Gina Carano.

Has GG’s (not ours) favourite rumour-monger ever actually got anything remotely right ahead of time?

Nothing he didn't pinch from a more reputable source.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
He always disclaims before he gets into the rumors that he cant validate any rumors, to take them with a grain of salt, hes just passing along stuff he hears from his sources.

It makes for great entertainment the rumored behind the scenes drama, more double-crossing and power plays etc than SW itself.

Plus i know posting Doomcocks stuff triggers too

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I have never gotten into much of the Old Republic Stuff aside from a couple of novels, but I have always thought it was really strange that the technology etc set back what some 2 or 3 thousand years from the Original Trilogy is very similar to what we have seen in the movies and various TV series etc.

Can someone correct me on this (on who has much more knowledge of the SW lore and expanded universe knowledge)cause it's never really made much sense to me.

He always disclaims before he gets into the rumors that he cant validate any rumors, to take them with a grain of salt, hes just passing along stuff he hears from his sources.

It makes for great entertainment the rumored behind the scenes drama, more double-crossing and power plays etc than SW itself.

Plus i know posting Doomcocks stuff triggers too

It doesn't trigger much beyond people rolling their eyes and thinking you're dumb.

I have never gotten into much of the Old Republic Stuff aside from a couple of novels, but I have always thought it was really strange that the technology etc set back what some 2 or 3 thousand years from the Original Trilogy is very similar to what we have seen in the movies and various TV series etc.

Can someone correct me on this (on who has much more knowledge of the SW lore and expanded universe knowledge)cause it's never really made much sense to me.

It's not really that similar though, it's very much scaled back and more archaic. But any series that claims to have had a Galactic Republic for 'over a thousand generations' is going to have to pretty much have plateaued technology for a long period of time.

It's not really that similar though, it's very much scaled back and more archaic. But any series that claims to have had a Galactic Republic for 'over a thousand generations' is going to have to pretty much have plateaued technology for a long period of time.

I see it much like Rome.

You have the same sort of technology but it looks and acts older than it normally does, same with the people where they act similar but it's different.

You then had one way to do things for over a thousand generations, one way to act, one way to basically exist and then you go to the Empire based on that carcass where the continuation is. Much like how you went from say an aqueduct to a sanitation system, all does the same thing of bringing liquid from point A to point B, just differently in how it acts and looks.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
It doesn't trigger much beyond people rolling their eyes and thinking you're dumb.

Not triggering in the slightest, I’d say the only reaction it elicits is amusement. That there’s such fragility within a small section of the fan base that believes (and perhaps relishes) in these rumours.

Not triggering in the slightest, I’d say the only reaction it elicits is amusement. That there’s such fragility within a small section of the fan base that believes (and perhaps relishes) in these rumours.

Jod was mentioning it the other week about the whole 'civil war' behind the scenes and I can't believe people actually take it seriously.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The High Republic looks like a lemon.

When you look at how many views Star Wars videos are getting on YouTube on their official page v how many subscribers they have it's getting tiny numbers when you factor in many of the views are people going there to hate on it.

A decent SW product should be getting millions of views not struggling to get over 100k.

The High Republic looks like a lemon.

When you look at how many views Star Wars videos are getting on YouTube on their official page v how many subscribers they have it's getting tiny numbers when you factor in many of the views are people going there to hate on it.

A decent SW product should be getting millions of views not struggling to get over 100k.

Dunno why you're still upset about something you clearly have no interest in.

I've read the first book and really enjoyed it, have got the second which I'm starting tomorrow. Plenty of others have responded to it positively. If it's not for you then why do you care if others like it?

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Dunno why you're still upset about something you clearly have no interest in.

I've read the first book and really enjoyed it, have got the second which I'm starting tomorrow. Plenty of others have responded to it positively. If it's not for you then why do you care if others like it?

Seems you're the one upset jumping on here to defend it. I find it rather funny that it's going so woefully.

The only way to get rid of the clowns that keep producing this tripe that only a tiny % of people are interested in is for it to crash and burn and cost the company large sums of money with little return.

There's not an infinite amount of money to create SW content. So the less of it spent on crap and the more on high quality product the better for the majority of fans.

Seems you're the one upset jumping on here to defend it. I find it rather funny that it's going so woefully.

The only way to get rid of the clowns that keep producing this tripe that only a tiny % of people are interested in is for it to crash and burn and cost the company large sums of money with little return.

There's not an infinite amount of money to create SW content. So the less of it spent on crap and the more on high quality product the better for the majority of fans.

I dunno, you're the one that brought the topic up, having not read any of the material. I've read some of it and I'm responding.

Back