Jarmayhem

Senior List
Jun 6, 2006
Canada
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Ok, this has been bugging me for years - I have vivid memories of watching this when I was young but was only about 1 when it originally aired. So I’ve always figured it must have aired again even though George Lucas did his best to make it disappear after its first airing (in the US at least).

I found this article which notes that it played at least once again in NSW:

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/05/why-canberra-is-australias-star-wars-holiday-special-capital/

I grew up in Adelaide but this article makes me think that maybe an Adelaide station just randomly played it again years later as well.

Does anyone else remember seeing it on TV?

I apologize in advance if you accidentally witnessed Bea Arthur singing because of the above link.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fade to Gray

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Newcastle EPL
I grew up in Adelaide, I definitely remember seeing it on TV. Some vague recollection it was on Channel 10, but that may be wrong. The Boba Fett Cartoon was semi-good. Most of it was terrible, I'm talking Last Jedi levels of bad.

chefmeister

Big Footy’s Best Dressed Cat
Sep 21, 2010
Stockholm
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
TMT
I grew up in Adelaide, I definitely remember seeing it on TV. Some vague recollection it was on Channel 10, but that may be wrong. The Boba Fett Cartoon was semi-good. Most of it was terrible, I'm talking Last Jedi levels of bad.
TLJ is awesome & I don’t get the hate for it at all.

What is your problem with it?

Fade to Gray

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Newcastle EPL
TLJ is awesome & I don’t get the hate for it at all.

What is your problem with it?
There were many reasons. The one major point (and I accept that my experience colours my view) is the story with Luke. Star Wars is one of the great memories as a child. It's the 1st movie I can ever remember seeing at the cinema. I fell in love with the movie. I felt connected to Luke on a level that was pretty intense to me. I grew up without a Father, and little 6 YO me connected with a story of a boy who grew up without a Father. Watched Empire/Return and my fandom of Luke grew. He was the guy who sensed the good in his Father despite all the evil, f’ed up s**t he had done. This same guy gets a feeling that his nephew and the son of his best friend, might have a bit of a chance to turn to the dark side, and his response is to kill him in his sleep. It was bulls**t.

I can accept that I had a much closer personal attachment to Luke then most so it certainly does make me biased. But, it's just my opinion man (and no, my father is not Darth Vader).

There were other reasons, that have been debated back and forth. So, it's more than the Luke storyline. But that's my number 1 reason.

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
in every girl's wet dream ℠
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ravens-Dolphins Hurricanes-Terps
Rich Evans' laugh is so awesome. You should watch him watching Battlefield Earth for the first time.
After I have dinner, I'll cue that up. And yes, I love Rich Evans too. He has such a fresh child-like but poignant way of looking at everything.

Rusty Brookes

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
I reckon it was shown more than once in Australia. My recollection it was shown on TV after Empire made it to the cinemas.

Happy Life Day to you all.

Top Bottom