Multiplat Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks good.

I read that it'll be "basically like Force Unleashed but without the Mountain Dew moments". Not 100% sure what that means but I think it's meant to be more realistic, so no pulling star destroyers out of orbit.

FU was pretty sweet so if it's similar is play it should be good, as long as the story is quite different.

Kinda wish they picked a different time period though. Would have preferred something like Jedi Academy where Luke has rebuilt the order (unlike the * up of the story in EP 8) and you can be one of his pupils or even a descendant of.

Looks good.

I read that it'll be "basically like Force Unleashed but without the Mountain Dew moments". Not 100% sure what that means but I think it's meant to be more realistic, so no pulling star destroyers out of orbit.

FU was pretty sweet so if it's similar is play it should be good, as long as the story is quite different.

Kinda wish they picked a different time period though. Would have preferred something like Jedi Academy where Luke has rebuilt the order (unlike the **** up of the story in EP 8) and you can be one of his pupils or even a descendant of.
Force Unleashed was an awesome game. The 2nd however was a total rip off

Looks bloody awesome, can't wait. Don't really get the "EA = bad" stuff either. It's generally the multiplayer stuff they pillage, and even with all the failures Battlefront 2 still played brilliantly from the get go imo.

But yeah, been craving a decent Star Wars campaign for years so will be all over this.

EA is only a part of the issue, Lucas/Disney also has to cop its share.

Read that their approval process has seen a lot of stupid stuff forced on studios. Visceral wanted their single player to be around a rogue with a heart of gold, key being a new character in new events in the star wars universe.

First they had to insert a bunch of existing star wars characters (ie you bump into Darth or Luke or Jar Jar), so the story had to be reworked to allow all of that. Secondly they have a hard-on for only dealing with events from the movies.

Also apparently their attention to detail on the character looks, ship designs, guns, etc is microscopic (and fair enough given the fan base), but the focus on gameplay is much less.

This makes it hard for studios, because when Disney/Lucas just was a cool looking rehash of a movie, it does massively effect the flexibility on story narrative and plot development.

EA does a lot of stupid s**t, but there is a reason Star Wars games look pretty, but.....

EA is only a part of the issue, Lucas/Disney also has to cop its share.

Read that their approval process has seen a lot of stupid stuff forced on studios. Visceral wanted their single player to be around a rogue with a heart of gold, key being a new character in new events in the star wars universe.

First they had to insert a bunch of existing star wars characters (ie you bump into Darth or Luke or Jar Jar), so the story had to be reworked to allow all of that. Secondly they have a hard-on for only dealing with events from the movies.

Also apparently their attention to detail on the character looks, ship designs, guns, etc is microscopic (and fair enough given the fan base), but the focus on gameplay is much less.

This makes it hard for studios, because when Disney/Lucas just was a cool looking rehash of a movie, it does massively effect the flexibility on story narrative and plot development.

EA does a lot of stupid s**t, but there is a reason Star Wars games look pretty, but.....

Very good insight, you make a great point. I think generally outside of Star Wars as well EA have hurt their own reputation, but ever since Disney came into the fray, things have become a little stricter by the sounds. I still can't decide whether or not I am happy they are involved and forking money into the franchise, or, sad that they'll main-stream wash it to s**t and oversaturate the market with endless souless content. The hardest pill to swallow was the declaration of a majority of the EU being labeled non-canon. So many excellent videogames, novels, comics that just got brushed away. I've tried to get into some of the Disney era EU, and it doesn't have the same feeling behind it.

Let's hope fallen order gets the room it needs to be something better than a paint by numbers star wars story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill give it a go, but as soon as they announce Lootboxes to purchase Im done.

And dont say "But its a single player game!" Its called Shadows of Mordor 2. Its been tried before, EA will give it a go again eventually.

Omg shadow of war hurt my soul with that s**t. So so so sad.

EA will be like "they're not lootboxes, they're "enhanced content"" or some horsecrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back