Multiplat Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen a few posts saying they're struggling with the Rancor, are you using the bones on the ground? How many of you have seen ROTJ?

Regarding age & reflexes, think that's not an issue. I'm 31 and playing on GM. Some of the bosses are really obnoxious on this difficulty though. Can someone give DG some recovery frames please? The 2nd fight took me 15-20 tries.

I've seen a few posts saying they're struggling with the Rancor, are you using the bones on the ground? How many of you have seen ROTJ?

Regarding age & reflexes, think that's not an issue. I'm 31 and playing on GM. Some of the bosses are really obnoxious on this difficulty though. Can someone give DG some recovery frames please? The 2nd fight took me 15-20 tries.
Is there only one rancor? I didn't notice any bones on the ground, just rock formations. It also started kicking my arse straight away so didn't get a chance to look around!

Is there only one rancor? I didn't notice any bones on the ground, just rock formations. It also started kicking my arse straight away so didn't get a chance to look around!

There are at least 2. If you fight the one early in Sodden Grotto there are white bones you can throw into it's mouth to stun it.

Last edited:

Only found out you can use the bones after I beat him lol

Putting this on the backburner, Performance is starting to bug me so i'll come back to it when its better

Fun game

Game is running perfectly fine for me on quality mode on the series x.
Same here. Playing in quality mode and no issues so far. The game is beautiful.

Game is just fun. Has some Uncharted/Tomb Raider style DNA running through it but instead of shooting mf's you get to whip out a lightsaber and/or force push them off a ledge. Has been a few occasions where a puzzle has stumped me and I've had to sit there and think it through and try a few things (have avoided using hints so far).

I think I'm about 2/3 the way through, just finished the big Jedha bit and now have to go back to Koboh. Still lots of screen tearing on Jedha that stuff doesn't really bother me that much when it looks so great in general.

Game is just fun. Has some Uncharted/Tomb Raider style DNA running through it but instead of shooting mf's you get to whip out a lightsaber and/or force push them off a ledge. Has been a few occasions where a puzzle has stumped me and I've had to sit there and think it through and try a few things (have avoided using hints so far).

I think I'm about 2/3 the way through, just finished the big Jedha bit and now have to go back to Koboh. Still lots of screen tearing on Jedha that stuff doesn't really bother me that much when it looks so great in general.

You're about 1/2 way through. Had a crack at the force tears yet? The platforming ones are the most fun IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many elsewhere have been noted that performance (PC) drastically improves once getting to Koboh. So I forced myself through a pretty choppy experience to get there and they were somewhat right. About a 10-20% improvement but still not quite right. Still not hitting the numbers that some outlets were since the patch but it's clear DDR5 makes a massive difference after all when it comes to CPU bottlenecks. It has been a week since the last patch so the next one must have a heap of chunky optimisation fixes. I'll definitely wait for that because I had a lot of fun exploring so sort of don't want poor performance to sour the experience too much.

There are at least 2. If you fight the one early in Sodden Grotto there are white bones you can throw into it's mouth to stun it.
Been away for the last week, but just went back to Sodden Grotto and there is indeed bones around. Unfortunately, it looks like you can only fight it once, but I'll keep it in mind for any other Rancors I come across.

Getting humbled on the 2nd phase Rayvis fight on Jedi master big time.

He just chains so many attacks repeatedly and leaves bugger all time to actually land a hit, god forbid I strike twice and get stuck in an animation and he pummels me into oblivion with 5 chained attacks :( I need a new approach lol, only tried single and dual saber

Getting humbled on the 2nd phase Rayvis fight on Jedi master big time.

He just chains so many attacks repeatedly and leaves bugger all time to actually land a hit, god forbid I strike twice and get stuck in an animation and he pummels me into oblivion with 5 chained attacks :( I need a new approach lol, only tried single and dual saber
Here is how it is done on Grandmaster without getting hit.

Take note he is using:

1. Dual Wield.

2. Push Parry for those overhead red attacks

3. Focused Parry with Precision Release

* these ******* campaigners!

The amount of times they grabbed me (one shot) was ridiculous. Either at the very start and I couldn't dive/jump out the way or when I'm wailing on the other and they grab me through the other campaigner.

Finally got it (Jedi Knight), but so many times the controller nearly went through the TV!

Still need to go back to the Oggdo campaigners too. I cheesed the Spawn of Oggdo by pulling down the hammer dudes from above.

Edit: The Mogu, Gorocco and Bilemaw fracture can get ****ed too!

Last edited:
Fantastic game. Only played 3-4 hours due to life and Zelda getting in the way. The visuals are breathtaking. Up to the 2nd planet and the open world shocked me in a good way.

Finished it on Saturday night after putting off the last mission for about a week. What a game. Difficulty definitely seemed easier than Fallen Order, which I'm happy about. But I also played most of FO with about 4 stims because I didn't know more were hiding.

This time pumped up all my stims before doing the last mission and got through the final boss on the first try, did fail quite a few times on other bosses though.

But yeah, amazing game. Loved it. Breezed through the story without doing any rumours or anything so I'll slowly make my way through those now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back