Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Not sure if a thread already exists but

https://kotaku.com/star-wars-knight...JGWFXbeusBePW8m0EoJFonrx0jK-bvoWHsUZeMSCMpQT0

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic is getting a PS5 remake by Aspyr, the studio recently responsible for porting other classic BioWare RPGs to mobile.

“We’re rebuilding it from the ground up with the latest tech to match the groundbreaking standard of innovation established by the original, all while staying true to its revered story,” lead producer, Ryan Treadwell, wrote on the PlayStation Blog today. The game will be a PS5 console-exclusive at launch.

Are their plans to bring it to other platforms after launch?

lol i only just played it for the first time last year

game still holds up but maybe that's just because i play a lot of old games

hope they keep it fairly faithful...

lol i only just played it for the first time last year

game still holds up but maybe that's just because i play a lot of old games

hope they keep it fairly faithful...

Sounds like they will, but there's not much outside of "yep, it's a thing" and Bioware still have name so who knows at this stage how much input they have on what KOTOR will end up being.

Lucasfilm Games have confirmed PC, and by the wording of "console launch exclusive" I'd bet it's coming to Xbox after a timed period.

Given the Sony Interactive Entertainment card at the start and the final card presenting a relationship with Lucas Arts I wouldn't be holding my breathe for xbox release.

Sony seem to have a deal with Disney since they also got Wolverine ip as an exclusive as well.

Given the Sony Interactive Entertainment card at the start and the final card presenting a relationship with Lucas Arts I wouldn't be holding my breathe for xbox release.

Sony seem to have a deal with Disney since they also got Wolverine ip as an exclusive as well.

Do you hope it doesn't come to Xbox?

edgie funny, we were talking about KotOR just last week in another thread. I have a 1000 word essay of thoughts on this, but in a nutshell; I think it'll be very different from the original, but core aspects of the:
such as the Star Maps, Star Forge, Bastila's Battle Meditation, the Darth Revan plot twist, and Rakata Prime, will remain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

"Douglas Reilly oversees Lucasfilm's games and interactive business. He started with the company in 2006 as a member of the Business and Legal Affairs team and moved over to the interactive team in 2012."

If I were in this guy's position, I'd make it my god damn mission in life to remake KotOR and KotOR II (do NOT change the main storyline), then KotOR III (Chris Avellone's version, not the Revan novel/TOR). Where do I sign up?

It's dead.

Weird how this is the second remake to get cancelled/obviously not happening, pretty soon after it was announced over the last few years. The other was Sands of Time which had a release date and a preorder page on the PS Store. Some games are just destined to remain in the past.

Weird how this is the second remake to get cancelled/obviously not happening, pretty soon after it was announced over the last few years. The other was Sands of Time which had a release date and a preorder page on the PS Store. Some games are just destined to remain in the past.

Embracer group.

They start as a comic/game start up, get big, try to sell and it sells. Bankrupts happens, buy it back for cheap, buy other things on cheap like THQ when they also went kaput, lookit all these IP's we have, weeee. Buy, buy, buy and now that it is time to invest and make things 2 years later...

Campire cabal, you're closing, GTFO.
Volition, you're also closing, GTFO.
Crystal Dynamics, you're still open but lay off half your staff thanks.
Everyone else, we need to recoup 1.5b as I only know how to buy things on cheap, don't sleep with your windows open...

Aspyr working on it was OK, they're a dev team at least that can, it then going to Sabre as their head flagged "we cannae do this, dad, help" so was dead man walking, Sabre just twisted the knife and Embracer said it was fine.

This is drastically different to Ubi being "no no, this is by design, we shuffle things all the time and it's meant to be trash" whilst they panic since all they know how to do these days is an AC game so over to you Montreal...

One is essentially a broke Swede that got lucky with acquisitions before blaming everyone else for why things don't work properly, the other is a group that shoehorned themselves, got in a pickle, started handballing it around internally to fix it. As we've seen with the SO2R recently by Square, if a company gets it right and has proper dev, it can be very well received, Embracer is not that group since like 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back