Star Wars movie

czero

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Prequel changes I'd make (most of these aren't my ideas):

- Make Anakin slightly older in Ep 1, maybe a 14 or 15 year old teen.
- Make Obi Wan the main hero of the trilogy. Have Obi Wan go onto Naboo and Qui Gon stay on the ship. Qui Gon = the wise old mentor, Obi Wan = reckless, idealistic, starry eyed young jedi.
- Create a love triangle between Obi Wan, Anakin and Padame. This would add some human drama to Anakin's ultimate betrayal and turn to the dark side.
- Have Mace Windu believe he is chosen one, this gives a reason for his resentment towards Anakin and creates more human drama.
- Have the Clones be the Separatists' army, therefore Chancellor Palpatine is forced to recruit Storm-troopers (normal blokes who take up service to defend the Republic) and build Star Destroyers in order to fight the Clones.
- Have Anakin hunt down the Jedi rather than the Clone brain chip thing, until he meets Obi Wan who defeats him.Get rid of the child murder thing.

I feel like these changes alone would instantly make the trilogy much better.
I've seen those ideas kicking around on the internets, and I got to agree wit you. Apart from removing the bot army for the the clone army - that creates so many, many more problems without really solving anything. If you changed that, you would need to re-write pretty much the entire film, not just those things mentioned above, as so much hinges on who the clone army fights for, and how they defeated the jedi.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I'm booked in with the family Saturday morning. Please, early birds, would love to hear how you found it but NO SPOILERS. We are squeezing this in before flying out of the country for a few weeks because I knew I couldn't avoid spoilers that long, but a couple of days is well within code.

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
Look for specials at gold class between the 27th Dec until the 3rd of January (well Perth anyway), if you're not going away. Booked the family of 4 for $100 (normally $160).This is my Christmas present.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
OK, busy night tonight, but looking to get to bed around 10pm, need those hours.

Get to Knox around 10pm, pick up the tickets, a couple of short stacks later, I'm ready!

IT'S TIME!

I wonder wat the critics rated Attack of the Clones on its eve?
"On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes the film has an approval rating of 65% based on 243 reviews"

"Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones benefits from an increased emphasis on thrilling action, although they're once again undercut by ponderous plot points and underdeveloped characters."[48] On Metacritic, the film holds a score of 54 out of 100, based on 39 critics

That's under reception on the ol' wiki. Not sure if it's been updated since the movie was released.

Last edited:
Back