Star Wars movie

Remove this Banner Ad

My thoughts on this movie are perfectly summed up by Dom Deluise whilst playing the character of Julius Caesar after receiving an alabaster bathing vessel in History Of The World Part 1:

'Nice. Nice. Not thrilling, but nice'.

Ive just had the biggest plot hole in this movie explained to me and its hilarious.

So we are led to believe that DJ gives up the details of the escape plan to General Hux after being told them by Rose and Finn. The problem is Rose and Finn didn't know what the plan was. The plan by Admiral Holdo was to escape by small ship to Crait while the big ship jumps away allowing the First Order to continue tracking it and chasing it. IF Rose and Finn did know that was the plan what the hell were they doing trying to disable the tracking device? That would have ruined the escape plan. So it leaves the question who told DJ what the escape plan was, it is actually impossible for him to know.

Ive just had the biggest plot hole in this movie explained to me and its hilarious.

So we are led to believe that DJ gives up the details of the escape plan to General Hux after being told them by Rose and Finn. The problem is Rose and Finn didn't know what the plan was. The plan by Admiral Holdo was to escape by small ship to Crait while the big ship jumps away allowing the First Order to continue tracking it and chasing it. IF Rose and Finn did know that was the plan what the hell were they doing trying to disable the tracking device? That would have ruined the escape plan. So it leaves the question who told DJ what the escape plan was, it is actually impossible for him to know.

That's hilarious.

The problem is I have no idea who you are talking about because the characters were so forgettable.

Erm...

Might I point out that
he only hands them the cloaking frequency, not any plan. Along with the shield bypass, the three of them also use the cloak.

In fact, its clear that all of the characters are surprised when they find out about the ships.

Last edited:
Erm...

Might I point out that
he only hands them the cloaking frequency, not any plan. Along with the shield bypass, the three of them also use the cloak.

In fact, its clear that all of the characters are surprised when they find out about the ships.

That adds to the point. How did he know they were escaping in smaller ships? If he told the First order to scan for smaller cloaked ships he clearly knew that their plan was to escape. How?

Perhaps more importantly i need to let go of how much i hate this movie. Problem is there arent too many things im passionate about outside of my family. NMFC and Star Wars, thats about it.

This movie to me was like listening to all the scribes talk up the Roos preseason. 10/10 they said. Flying they said. Then i turn up to the game and the coach has decided to take the team in a brave new direction. Everything that was built up in the last season gone. We've lined up like we're playing soccer. New players introduced get life injuries second time on field, never to be seen again. Our older superstars that we were hoping for big things from don't even want to play. Our leaders on the sidelines doing a superman impressions before taking naps for 3/4 of the game. Players wont fight or sacrifice for each other they just want to give out kisses. We dont even play our theme song cause an old coach thought we should just set fire to it with a bolt of lightning. All the while my fellow supporters stand and applaud, approving of this new direction the team has taken. We unsurprisingly get smashed and crapped on and im standing here wondering what the hell happened to the things i loved.

Last edited:
Also, there is no noise in space.

When will the horror of films end! How dare they.

Perhaps in the future they have developed the technology to read the sound waves of distant objects and translate them into sound without needing the oscillation of matter between two points. We are talking about genres that have the technology that can detect objects many light years away and relay that information in real time.

Then again, they could have theoretically created an artificial gravity bomb, would seem like a ridiculous process when you could just attach a simple propulsion device onto it though. I think many sci-fi genres can justify even the technologically ludicrous if and when they make a point of identifying there is a leap between known science and the technobabble they are using.

Last edited:
You all are overthinking a fricken movie to death.

Can’t you just enjoy it for entertainment value? It’s not like anyone here invested millions into it? Unless you think your 20$ and some popcorn makes you an investor?

I for one went and saw it last night for the first time. I’ve been reading this thread and it’s spoliers and I must say that it didn’t spoil it for me one bit. I guess I approached the movie with an open mind, with a side dose of reality that I was there to relax and enjoy a work of ‘pure fiction’.

I enjoyed it and thought it was the best Star Wars film since the original 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That adds to the point. How did he know they were escaping in smaller ships? If he told the First order to scan for smaller cloaked ships he clearly knew that their plan was to escape. How?
He didn't tell them about the ships. They found them when they started scanning for the cloaking frequency. That's what they said in the movie anyway... In the classical star wars tradition, it was all extremely coincidental.

Lets face it, we are now ~40+ and not 8 years old. Movies wont ever have that effect on you again. Its over. We are now just cantankerous old persons complaining about how things used to be better.

Can’t you just enjoy it for entertainment value? It’s not like anyone here invested millions into it? Unless you think your 20$ and some popcorn makes you an investor?

I for one went and saw it last night for the first time. I’ve been reading this thread and it’s spoliers and I must say that it didn’t spoil it for me one bit. I guess I approached the movie with an open mind, with a side dose of reality that I was there to relax and enjoy a work of ‘pure fiction’.

Thank fcuk for this post from a fellow Norseman. I may actually enjoy it tonight now (presuming I can figure out a way to stop the car from going into energy saver mode and conking out half an hour in, as has happened the past two times we've been to the drive-in movies in it).

He didn't tell them about the ships. They found them when they started scanning for the cloaking frequency. That's what they said in the movie anyway... In the classical star wars tradition, it was all extremely coincidental.

Lets face it, we are now ~40+ and not 8 years old. Movies wont ever have that effect on you again. Its over. We are now just cantankerous old persons complaining about how things used to be better.
Hey I'm freaking 30+ thank you!!!

You are kinda right though. These movies aren't really made for me anymore, I'm not the target demographic. Star Wars was always special to me though so I had high hopes. I liked TFA and Rogue One this one though, I thought it was just me who hated this movie but I went with a group of 4 20+ and 2 30+ and we all hated it. Occasionally a movie comes out like Thor Ragnarok or Civil War and really surprises and entertains me.

Hey I'm freaking 30+ thank you!!!

You are kinda right though. These movies aren't really made for me anymore, I'm not the target demographic. Star Wars was always special to me though so I had high hopes. I liked TFA and Rogue One this one though, I thought it was just me who hated this movie but I went with a group of 4 20+ and 2 30+ and we all hated it. Occasionally a movie comes out like Thor Ragnarok or Civil War and really surprises and entertains me.
I was the same with Winter Soldier, had a cool Tom Clancy spy feel to it.

I didn't mind the movie. It is just hilarious to troll star wars tragics. My only real issue is that the first three movies were classics, they should have left it at that and the movies would have been iconic for being a genre that would stand the test of time. What we are seeing now are just mediocre quality sequels by comparison, because they know no matter how bad they are, people will stream in like lemmings to see them thanks to the originals. Nobody is making sequels to Battlefield Earth.

I think on the strength of the script alone, ignoring everything else good and bad that came before, it wouldn't really be a very memorable movie, it isn't as bad as some make it out to be, but I've seen a lot of better sci-fi movies get canned. I'd prefer if they let the series die and make a new IP, they wont because it wont make 1/100th of the money just flogging the Star Wars title will make.

When the hell did Jedi's possess the ability to create holograms of themselves and control them from the other side of the galaxy?
When did Jedi's possess the ability to force choke? Wield a light saber? force lightning? Force push?

All had to start somewhere.

When did Jedi's possess the ability to force choke? Wield a light saber? force lightning? Force push?

All had to start somewhere.
Hell, even in the expanded universe, some sith were able to transfer their spirit to other bodies, with one of them living for 1,200 years doing that.

The force is mysterious and we should leave it at that.

Not more powerful than we could imagine - just more than Vader could imagine. And if the prequels were good for anything, they gave some context to this relationship and this comment, and how Obi Wan knew Anakin was somewhat lacking in imagination.

And the answer is that Vader couldn't defeat him even by killing him, because he would actually live on, maintaining the ability to walk with Luke at important moments and explain tedious/ludicrous holes in the plot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back