Star Wars movie

Remove this Banner Ad

I have my midnight tickets!!!!!!!

Liked that trailer, more of an emotional trailer than balls out excitement but like End Game, didn't really need too much.
I'm getting a ROTJ plot armour saves everyone time and again vibe from it.

The Mandalorian had a good pilot episode.
The main vibe I get from this film is, most fans just don’t give a sh*t anymore. Star Wars has lost what made it so special.
Paying lip service to the older fans, but throwing in lazy writing and one dimensional characters has annoyed a lot of people. Can’t criticise the new films at all, unless you want to be labelled. Every single one of the SW films had issues with them, but I enjoyed the original six for what they were, as well as rogue one and solo. Just couldn’t enjoy 7 and 8, or what they’ve done to the old lore, which made more sense than the new stuff.

The old lore had heaps of books explaining how it took another 15 years to whittle down a galaxy spanning empire, the new lore wrapped everything up in 12 months.

I think there is an element where Star Wars suffers from how poor it looks in comparison to Marvel.

Star wars first 3 films were great and fun. A lot of people look upon them nostalgically.

The prequels labor under the weight of unclear direction and the clear jump into CGI.

The sequel films are intended to buy in a new generation. But a missed opportunity for something new.

9 films with very little cohesion.

Whereas Marvel had 20 related films layered in a cohesive way to bring a story Arch to completion in a way that raises the individual stakes to a point that when Captain takes up mjölnir it means something.
When Tony Stark delivers the line 'I am Ironman' it completes his character Arch from the first time he says it in the first Marvel film. That first time full of ego and arrogance, the last time through complete self sacrifice.

Comparatively Star Wars is a mess.
Anything in episode 9 that calls on Episode 1 is going to be trite. There will be little emotional connection to it.

I am an unabashed fan. I am. Episode 9 could be dogshit and I'll still watch it multiple times.

The SW universe is in desperate need of new content. No Skywalkers. Characters we don't know with new stories.

I hold out hope for The Mandalorian being the first step in that direction.

it doesnt just look good it is good. 2 episodes in and im already hooked. bought disney plus even though i can easily download the show. loving it

waited up till 12:30am to watch the episode. absolutely loving it. last nights episode was a bit less of what people might've wanted but still good. loved them having a loth cat in it throw back to rebels tv series

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok, so where did the pig men get the walker????
A galaxy spanning empire that had tens of billions of soldiers that has collapsed, not surprised that a few groups got their hands on imperial weapons, ships and vehicles.

Just found that me and folks are going to US of A and Los Angeles of all cities. Will be going to the chinese theatre there. Why? Because that was the location of where the very first star wars film was shown. What better place to go but where everything started.

My predictions for Ep 9 key plot points in no particular order will be...
- Rey will sacrifice herself: it doesn't make sense for her to become a skywalker as leak has said (re: rey self introduce as rey skywalker at the end film when she was at the Lars homestead) because she was a nobody, hence it only make sense for her to do the ultimate sacrifice as that's her destiny. One of the trailer shot of force ghost saying to her the 'force will always be with you' is the moment where Rey understand what she had to do i.e. to take out Palpatine with the ultimate light side kamikaze attack while Palpatine is locked in a force duel with Kylo but gaining ascendancy.
- Rey will beat kylo...again: This is a no brainer in that kylo will be the whipping boy once again and this time will be beaten so bad that he is left for dead...
- Knights of ren will betray Kylo Ren: These guys look dodgy as right from the get go, kylo use to even fight them. The knights will have been informed that their leader has been defeated by this scavenger girl hence no longer worthy as their master. palpatine on the other is the true darksider.
- Mini-boss fight: Like a good video game, there will be mini boss fights in the lead up to the big bad. Rey has to defeate dark rey in a vision saber fight induced by palpatine. Kylo has to kill the knights in his quest to reach palpatine.
- C3PO leading droid army: Memory wipe will activate a new mode in the golden droid
- Ben take the name Ben Skywalker at the end: Both rey and kylo will demonstrate some of the skywalker's family legacy in that they faced darkness and overcome them. In the case of Rey, she sacrifice herself to achieve ultimate victory. Ben turned away from the darkness.
- Lando, Chewie, R2, C3PO buy the farm: Sacrifice is a theme of the film, many of the oldies will use their sacrifice to move the story forward.

Looks like old Sidious was controlling Snoke.

Also the novel will review at the end that after sidious gets destroyed, the army of snoke clones are not harmed and left alone under ground meaning a tie in to the next trilogy where some schmuck will find this clone army, stupidly activate them and wreck havoc. By then Rey would be an elderly grandmaster who has created the order of the skywalkers. Im getting this vibe that Jedi and sith will be finished after ep 9 replaced by the 'order of skywalkers' and 'knights of ren' as the good and evil factions.

Also the novel will review at the end that after sidious gets destroyed, the army of snoke clones are not harmed and left alone under ground meaning a tie in to the next trilogy where some schmuck will find this clone army, stupidly activate them and wreck havoc. By then Rey would be an elderly grandmaster who has created the order of the skywalkers. Im getting this vibe that Jedi and sith will be finished after ep 9 replaced by the 'order of skywalkers' and 'knights of ren' as the good and evil factions.
Which sounds stupid if it happens.

Just keep the Sith and Jedi struggle going, both each has their own unique characteristics, philosophies and theme music ( ;)).

Should have just kept the original lore and EU stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back