Star Wars movie

Remove this Banner Ad

It was actually a war movie which I thought is what we were actually watching
I lost my crap when Vader showed up in his star destroyer and it actually started firing, for once. Really showed the power and fear the empire could bring to bear, like the old trilogy.

The best part of Star Wars is seeing the Twilight fanbase that moved on over to Star Wars as "Reylo" fans lose their s**t over Ben being killed off, someone even sent JJ Abrams a death threat over it. What a time to be alive!

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Killing off the old heroes without even allowing them to all be part of the new crew together was one of, if not, the most stupid creative decision the producers made.

I can get they want to attract the attention to the new crew, but FFS give the old guys some screen time altogether with the new crew so we can see them work together and experience some form of emotional investment.

What I find absolutely hilarious was that it took Rey like little to no time to master the force and it took Anakin (literally darth vader powerful), 15 years? lmao.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Killing off the old heroes without even allowing them to all be part of the new crew together was one of, if not, the most stupid creative decision the producers made.

I can get they want to attract the attention to the new crew, but FFS give the old guys some screen time altogether with the new crew so we can see them work together and experience some form of emotional investment.

What I find absolutely hilarious was that it took Rey like little to no time to master the force and it took Anakin (literally darth vader powerful), 15 years? lmao.

Rey was fast tracked because if her genes

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
This is thread is funny:
-Star Wars was awesome when I was a kid.
-Now I’m not a kid it’s not awesome.

My kids loved the new movie, that’s all that matters to me.

It's no great surprise to me that you submit to the judgement of your children.

I suspect they also rubber stamp your football posts.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It's basically The Huddle with laser swords and guns.

Shhhhhhhhhh, do you want to see this thread locked?!

There's no mentioning the "H" words around here!

Huddle and Hood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's no great surprise to me that you submit to the judgement of your children.

I suspect they also rubber stamp your football posts.
Submit? Star Wars are movies made for kids. Your ****ed up view of the world is summed up by your “gentrification of test cricket” comment.

You have no grasp on the real world, but what is sad for you is that you actual believe you do.

Last edited:
Saw it the other day. Didn't think there was much there.

The lasting value of this movie will be the fight between Rey, Ren and Palpatine. It was funny-bad not just bad-bad like the rest of the movie. In the years to come we will be able to look back and laugh. Just stop shooting your force lightning you *.

The original Star Wars had brilliant themes around family. I can't say any of that comes through in this movie when you're flitting about from planet to planet all the time.

Star Wars has gone full Fast and Furious. The CGI team is responsible for this movie above anyone else. It's a meme franchise.

A movie made by the numbers to get in as many brain dead people as possible - children and parents alike.

Mandalorian is the new Xena: Warrior Princess TV show. We don't have shows like that much anymore. It's very safe. No investment required.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Saw it the other day. Didn't think there was much there.

The lasting value of this movie will be the fight between Rey, Ren and Palpatine. It was funny-bad not just bad-bad like the rest of the movie. In the years to come we will be able to look back and laugh. Just stop shooting your force lightning you ******.

The original Star Wars had brilliant themes around family. I can't say any of that comes through in this movie when you're flitting about from planet to planet all the time.

Star Wars has gone full Fast and Furious. The CGI team is responsible for this movie above anyone else. It's a meme franchise.

A movie made by the numbers to get in as many brain dead people as possible - children and parents alike.

Mandalorian is the new Xena: Warrior Princess TV show. We don't have shows like that much anymore. It's very safe. No investment required.

I never watched Xena; might have Togo back...Mando is everything the SW sequels could have been

You have my interest.

Or Hercules. Or Macgyver.

Honestly I think there's a space for that type of series. They haven't been around for ages.

They're not for everyone but at one stage I loved that type of tv show. Personally though they're not for me at this stage in my life.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Agreed, loved the whole series. Would the other characters have there own show too? R2D2..C3Po,Skywalker,Vader?

If you look at Mando opening credits and the SW icons you can only hope so...this could be something that covers my whole lifetime.
I would imagine C3PO having a plot along the lines of failed comedian making it big for instance

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
If you look at Mando opening credits and the SW icons you can only hope so...this could be something that covers my whole lifetime.
I would imagine C3PO having a plot along the lines of failed comedian making it big for instance
You're right, the opening credits would suggest other characters.That would be awesome!

Back