Star Wars movie

Remove this Banner Ad

So I just watched the finale of Mandolorian and all I can say is thank goodness.

Brilliant
just watched it ourselves, must say that baby yoda looks to have more tricks up his sleeve than Taryn Thomas :) pretty good closure of a season episode, leaves plenty to wonder about, especially grand moth gideons last scene.

just watched it ourselves, must say that baby yoda looks to have more tricks up his sleeve than Taryn Thomas :) pretty good closure of a season episode, leaves plenty to wonder about, especially grand moth gideons last scene.

I've heard about this Taryn Thomas. She is tricky.

ive seen ros 4 times and enjoyed it each time. albeit there are some things a farfetched that i wasnt a fan of but really enjoyed it for the fact that it cleaned up a lot of tlj, also very happy with how tasteful they were to leia (carrie fisher). though aabrams did a great job with what he had to work with. i think the biggest regret as mentioned previous is not getting the orginal characters together. i think they could easily have reworked to include han in the leia luke training scene in a way to finally get all 3 together on the screen. I see why people dont like the movie but for me it was easily the best of the 3 sequels. not as good as rogue one and mandolorian though.

TF for this guy

Saved the franchise’s

Nek minnit...
5eb221c13ea2da9a1efac5a39405b90887-baby-yoda-throwing-up.w710.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad Batch comes out tonight. Going to be really interesting to see the fall out of order 66 from the opposite side of the fence, and how the Grand Army of the Republic transitions to being the Galactic Empire.

I just want to see some more of Rex and also how Cody goes about this.

Hopefully they'll say episodes 7-9 are not canon...

They are just such a clusterf***.

It's really hard to reconcile that the same company that coordinated 20 films into the raised stakes pay-off in End Game could not coordinate a cohesive plan over 3 films.

They are such disjointed nonsense.

I get they may not have wanted to go the way Uncle George had intended, but f*** they didn't need to s**t all over the preceding 6 films.

There are just so many things wrong with it that it makes me angry.

They are just such a clusterf***.

It's really hard to reconcile that the same company that coordinated 20 films into the raised stakes pay-off in End Game could not coordinate a cohesive plan over 3 films.

They are such disjointed nonsense.

I get they may not have wanted to go the way Uncle George had intended, but f*** they didn't need to sh*t all over the preceding 6 films.

There are just so many things wrong with it that it makes me angry.
Preaching to the choir mate.

When I first heard about the new movies being made, I really hoped that they would use much of the old legends as it has a ton of cool stories in it. Rise of Skywalker ended up being a half-assed version of the Dark Empire Comic Series. My biggest problem was you didn't know what was happening in the universe and the First Order was a complete joke compared to the Empire. At least the Empire had some realism as to why people fought for it, the First Order are completely devoid of character or realism. And don't get me started on Admiral purple hair and that hyperspace jump.

Preaching to the choir mate.

When I first heard about the new movies being made, I really hoped that they would use much of the old legends as it has a ton of cool stories in it. Rise of Skywalker ended up being a half-assed version of the Dark Empire Comic Series. My biggest problem was you didn't know what was happening in the universe and the First Order was a complete joke compared to the Empire. At least the Empire had some realism as to why people fought for it, the First Order are completely devoid of character or realism. And don't get me started on Admiral purple hair and that hyperspace jump.

For me it is beyond the screen that the issues are. What played out on screen just a symptom.

I really don't know how they allowed Luke and Han NEVER SHARING THE SCREEN to get beyond storyboard and wasn't just laughed out the room.

I don't know how they allowed Johnson's exercise in subversion to get beyond that point either.

and the last one was just a mess of retconned over paced sandwhiching in of ideas.

I have more issue with Mary Jane with the force healing than with Holdo. It only just removes all need for Anakin to fall to the darkside by learning a skill this person just has.

They had so many great novels to draw from. It's a shame really.

Would have loved to see the Rogue Squadron books used even a little bit.
Would have gone The Thrawn series, then Dark Empire, the Yuzhann Vong, etc.

Isard or Thrawn would have made a significantly better antagonist than Snoke

Snoke could have been a good antagonist but they killed him with zero plan on what to do next.

again how the f*** did that get made and not die in the writers room.

Episode 7 so lets have this dude that we introduce as some sort giant. he's mysterious and battle scarred.
Episode 8 lets have him have some insane power that allows him to create a force telekinesis bridge between 2 other people and then for the lols we will have Ben kill him
Episode 9 lets bring back Palps because we ain't got no ideas and people wanna see him yeah. Don't worry if there is no back story we can retcon it in.

Snoke was misused.

Anything but the Daala series, yuk.
Was that the sun crusher stuff? Haha.. geez.
Snoke could have been a good antagonist but they killed him with zero plan on what to do next.

Episode 7 so lets have this dude that we introduce as some sort giant. he's mysterious and battle scarred.
Episode 8 lets have him have some insane power that allows him to create a force telekinesis bridge between 2 other people and then for the lols we will have Ben kill him
Episode 9 lets bring back Palps because we ain't got no ideas and people wanna see him yeah. Don't worry if there is no back story we can retcon it in.

Snoke was misused.
The whole of ep 8 and 9 were misused.arguably 7 as well, from the moment they had -another- planet destroying macguffin

Snoke was misused.
Disconnected story telling.

They also half-assed the fall of the Empire. In Legends, the Empire takes another 15 years for it to surrender, not 18 months in the new Legends. Then we don't even know what happened to the new canon IR and we were given the very meh alternative First Order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back