Star Wars movie

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that the sun crusher stuff? Haha.. geez.

The whole of ep 8 and 9 were misused.arguably 7 as well, from the moment they had -another- planet destroying macguffin
Sun Crusher, Galaxy Gun, Eclipses I and II, droid TIE fighters, Byss and the World Devastators were all dark empire.

Daala was Tarkin's far younger mistress hidden away to protect the Maw blackhole where they built a lot of the original superweapons. She comes back after Dark Empire, kills the Moff Council, fails miserably against the New Republic and then hands the Remnant over to Pelleaon. She was just very mediocre as a character. The same writer that introduced her was the one that created IG-88 that infiltrated the death star II.

What did everyone think of Bad Batch last night? Wont spoil who, but what did we think of the young padwans voice? 😂
Interesting on both fronts.

I really enjoyed the new Empire-Kamino tension, as it goes it into the relatively unknown side of the empire of putting most of the adult population into the military, instead of clones.

Tarkin’s voice actor was good as was the use of the imperial March theme.

Last edited:
Well what’s done is done.

To sit there and sniffle through the ending to the last Mandalorian gives me hope that these tv franchises can recapture the wonder and engagement that this film franchise once had.
John Faveru and Dave Filoni need to be the future of the franchise as they treat the universe with respect.

Huh. The Rise of Skywalker makes The Last Jedi look like the best movie ever made. It was a steaming hot mess of shitness. Easily the worst Star Wars movie of all time, the Christmas special had better plotting and characterisation.
I dont call any of those Star Wars. They're just something else. Still trying to rid the first of the newer ones out of my mind. Glad never watches the rest

I dont call any of those Star Wars. They're just something else. Still trying to rid the first of the newer ones out of my mind. Glad never watches the rest
I still enjoyed Rogue One and I liked bits of Solo, including the introduction of the imperial Army and the in-universe of the imperial march theme in adapted form.

I still enjoyed Rogue One and I liked bits of Solo, including the introduction of the imperial Army and the in-universe of the imperial march theme in adapted form.

IMO Solo is very underrated and suffered significantly due to timing of release. It's in no way perfect but it works timeline wise and it doesn't really f***up anything else. Rogue One is similar in that they don't really f*** anything up about the other movies and are seemingly made to add to them not detract from them.

I'd like them to make a Crimson Dawn film that is just pure Maul. Taking from slightly after Solo to slightly before Rebels. Won't happen though. He remains IMO the most misused of all their film characters.

I do acknowledge the timeline is already cluttered AF and putting more in just makes more holes. Which is honestly what I think is about to happen with all the series that are about to come out. As they try and retcon things in to make the broader time line make sense and an make other things fall out. I mean that is happening right now with the whole Vader went to Exegol that has come out in the comics. Sure it means that Exegol has some place in cannon prior to the sequels, but I mean it just creates ruins in its wake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solo was great for me as they took so much from. Legends which is what should have been done with the sequels. What off the most is that Kathleen Kennedy said there wasn't enough source material out there yet I have a whole collection of books that says otherwise. I get the feeling filoni is going to go down the path of rebooting heir to the empire in the ahsoka series which I am all for. I think aswell there will be a lot of plot holes for the sequels cleaned up throughout the mandoverse aswell but that's just it I movie or trilogy for that matter should not need other material to make it good/ better it should be able to stand on its own. Abram's was right in saying that there should have been a plan. All 3 one after the other ignored each other.

Solo was great for me as they took so much from. Legends which is what should have been done with the sequels. What off the most is that Kathleen Kennedy said there wasn't enough source material out there yet I have a whole collection of books that says otherwise. I get the feeling filoni is going to go down the path of rebooting heir to the empire in the ahsoka series which I am all for. I think aswell there will be a lot of plot holes for the sequels cleaned up throughout the mandoverse aswell but that's just it I movie or trilogy for that matter should not need other material to make it good/ better it should be able to stand on its own. Abram's was right in saying that there should have been a plan. All 3 one after the other ignored each other.

The Yuuzhan Vong is about the only part that might work moving forward, the rest is pretty much done unless you recast everyone. They were also not crazy good pieces of storytelling, even though I enjoyed them at the time, you could take elements and create all new stories.

I would have liked to see Rey and Finn take on a YV type enemy if the ST continued but I think ROS kinda killed the momentum. Hoping for a 100 year time jump next and a non-empire enemy

The Yuuzhan Vong is about the only part that might work moving forward, the rest is pretty much done unless you recast everyone. They were also not crazy good pieces of storytelling, even though I enjoyed them at the time, you could take elements and create all new stories.

I would have liked to see Rey and Finn take on a YV type enemy if the ST continued but I think ROS kinda killed the momentum. Hoping for a 100 year time jump next and a non-empire enemy
Well they ruined the lore Imperial remanent, (Krayt) Sith and Fel Empire, so they have to look at alternative villains.

I think as it stands the grysk are the new version of the yuzhan vong

Mando season 1 was good.

Mando season two was like a video game where to progress you have to go to a place defeat a mini boss or solve a puzzle and then you get to go to the next place. With a bunch of fan service thrown in.

Filoni clearly has more regard for the Lucas canon. But in terms of saving the universe, not so long as they are still retconning things to make the sequels work.

I have fear about the Kenobi series.

That they are wedging content into an already packed time period and the ripple effect that such wedging can have on existing canon.

If Vader and Obi Wan face off there can be no stakes and it runs a high risk on imparting different meaning into the episode 4 dialogue.

I am sure we will get scenes that look pretty but mean not a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back