Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually didn't mind it. It's a bit like what Episode 2 should have been - that is, Anakin and Obi-Wan on a random mission showing his ingenuity with a touch of recklessness. We actually saw what Anakin and Obi-Wan were doing during the Clone Wars rather jumping from the end of Episode 2 to somewhere near the end of the 3. It has a couple of cool action scenes - the light sabre fight on Tatooine at dusk; the walkers climbing up towards the Sith monastery.

The action, like the originals, is fun and builds up (see the 30-40 minute battle) whereas the prequels (particularly Episode 2) had a lot of planet-hopping IMO.

A bit damning that the cartoon character was far more likeable than Christensen's Anakin.

I finally watched it tonight. Perhaps the nicest thing you could really say about the plot and dialogue is that it's clearly aimed at the kids.

What felt really disappointing though was the third-rate animation of the characters, especially their faces. It wasn't that different from stuff you used to see in PlayStation 1 games frankly. That said, the non-character, wider shots were quite good I thought.

But yes, clearly a kids film.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back