Movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens - *Spoilers & Rumours inside*

Remove this Banner Ad

Just found out.

RIP Kenny, you're little droid character had provided so many laughs across 6 1/2 movies (R2 was hardly in TFA)

Leaves Anthony Daniels/C3PO as the only character/actor to appear in all the films so far. (Wonder if we'll see a cameo in Rogue One)

After watching for only the 2nd time last night on Foxtel.

Its just re confirmed my thinking that the Sith is the most lamest weak bad guy they could have got. Ruins the whole movie. Beaten by a girl whos never been trained in the force. And taken to the limit by a guy whos not evrn got any force in him or touched a light saber.

I don't even buy this 'but he was shot' crap. Why did he get shot so easy if hes this kick ass sith.

Gayest bad guy character ever.

I don't even buy this 'but he was shot' crap. Why did he get shot so easy if hes this kick ass sith.

Because he was clearly distracted by getting off mentally after having just murdered his daddy.

I have issues with the movie but people have misunderstood Kylo Ren's character if they think he's supposed to be Darth Vader 2 and his weaknesses are a script flaw.
Oh. Hes supposed to be a useless joke of a bad guy.

Im confused. Is he just a novice in training?

To be honest I thought he was meant to be a Darth Vader type. Trusted enough by the head bad guy to go around doing his bidding.

Oh. Hes supposed to be a useless joke of a bad guy.

Im confused. Is he just a novice in training?

To be honest I thought he was meant to be a Darth Vader type. Trusted enough by the head bad guy to go around doing his bidding.

He wants to be as great as his grandfather but plainly isn't. He's less cerebral and cracks the shits over relatively minor stuff. There's even a scene where Rey Mysterio says "You aren't as great as your grandfather" and he gets pissed off.

Minor character Snoke is established as the real big bad guy trying to run the world (or at least the highest ranking bad guy we see).

I do think Kylo will parallel Vader going forward in that he becomes a more fearsome character that nobody jokes around. Hux won't be making quips in the next movie or if he does he'll die. Vader wasn't Vice President in A New Hope.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Plinkett thinks Rey "could" likely end up falling to the dark side, and "could" be Anakin re-incarnated. And that Kylo "could" end up being redeemed to the light side, and ultimately saves Rey in a latter episode. Him hypothesizing based on previous SW cyclical themes.

Would love that, if only because it would be something new. But I doubt Disney have any intention of making her a PG-13 Walter White.

Also liked his long smackdown of the stupid ring theory.

Kylo/Adam Driver is also the most physically imposing bad guy. He's tall and strong and doesn't rely on a suit.

2F6F91CD00000578-3363946-image-a-117_1450351227027.jpg

Bigger than everyone except Chewie, and that really tall woman I don't recognise.

He talks so much s**t that I lose attention from time to time, but that comes with the territory with a Plinkett review. The last 20 minutes or so where worthwhile, hard to dispute some of the points he raises. A bit surprised he didn't go harder on the number of 'convenient' moments in the movie.

The gay montage was quite funny.

He talks so much s**t that I lose attention from time to time, but that comes with the territory with a Plinkett review. The last 20 minutes or so where worthwhile, hard to dispute some of the points he raises. A bit surprised he didn't go harder on the number of 'convenient' moments in the movie.

The gay montage was quite funny.
Unfortunately, it wasn't an in-depth review of the movie itself, like he did with the other six movies. Instead, he spent half of the video discussing the purchase of SW by Disney and what it means. The movie itself, he skimmed over it touching on the obvious points of how it's just a soft reboot. I guess it's understandable given that fact -- it isn't really a new movie at all, requiring in-depth analysis.

Unfortunately, it wasn't an in-depth review of the movie itself, like he did with the other six movies. Instead, he spent half of the video discussing the purchase of SW by Disney and what it means. The movie itself, he skimmed over it touching on the obvious points of how it's just a soft reboot. I guess it's understandable given that fact -- it isn't really a new movie at all, requiring in-depth analysis.

Yes it was a bit misleading, I thought he would actually review it. Instead he devoted 45 minutes or so to the Lucas and Disney arc.

His point became a bit repetitive although I do agree with his general discussion about cinematic universes etc.

I thought he would go harder on the critique of TFA itself. But anyway, still decent viewing even though it could've been done in half the time IMO.

GG.exe he only reviewed the prequel trilogy not all 6 Lucas movies.

And I think that's why his actual review of this movie was comparatively brief. He reviewed the prequels in such detail because he detested them. Mike Stoklasa didn't hate this movie.

GG.exe he only reviewed the prequel trilogy not all 6 Lucas movies.

And I think that's why his actual review of this movie was comparatively brief. He reviewed the prequels in such detail because he detested them. Mike Stoklasa didn't hate this movie.
Sorry, you're right. He only did the prequels in-depth.

Vader wasn't Vice President in A New Hope.

Watching on the Foxtel special channel, it's amazing how much this had never really registered before. He definitely comes across as much more of a functionary in ANH - albeit a pretty bad-arse one. He does try to choke out that one general, but pretty much backs off when Tarkin tells him. Even jumps in a fighter and does a bit of dirty work himself

Fast forward to ESB and he's got his own war fleet and is killing subordinates left, right and centre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back