Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
"Got a boyfriend" was horrible.

Yes agreed. Along with “stop holding my hand”. Just completely forced, trying a bit too hard and came off a bit cringe worthy.

Also on Finn, it was a tad hypocritical that he refused to shoot those villagers (noble as it was). But then moments later was quite fine with killing some of his ex-colleagues/friends.

Yes agreed. Along with “stop holding my hand”. Just completely forced, trying a bit too hard and came off a bit cringe worthy.

Also on Finn, it was a tad hypocritical that he refused to shoot those villagers (noble as it was). But then moments later was quite fine with killing some of his ex-colleagues/friends.
Especially villagers who had just moments before taken up arms against the First Order.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Watched it again today (4th time? Twice at the cinemas, once when the "blu-ray" came out, then today) because the sequel is almost here. Glad I did, had forgotten a fair bit. It's so ******* derivative of the 1977 movie.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Watched it again today (4th time? Twice at the cinemas, once when the "blu-ray" came out, then today) because the sequel is almost here. Glad I did, had forgotten a fair bit. It's so ******* derivative of the 1977 movie.

Yup, but the first half and opening scene in particular is still epic!

TFA is all about Han Solo for mine. New characters are introduced but the arch and style of the film is all about Han and Chewie, even the main villain is Han’s son. It’s a homage and tribute to him tied into a new hope as a guide, but it doesn’t completely copy it. Rey is obviously a “big deal” as well.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Yep same as my local. Already have tix for both and an early night tonight for me.

Seriously, it feels like Christmas eve

It feels better. Just gotta get through afternoon shift at work. Can't believe I forgot to get around to getting a Kylo costume to wear though, and for obvious reasons I can't go as Han again...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
IMO Force Awakens was made to be a nostalgia trip more than a solid story in the franchise.

It does it perfectly. Even though the story is not original, the movie itself is as memorable and action film as classic films from the 80s and 90s, and all of that is set up in the opening of the movie, another thing about TFA is that there are a lot of great quotes/lines in the film, it is very memorable and well made. It just doesn't have an original story. Everything else is brilliant.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
One of my biggest issues with TFA was the final ship battle and wanna be trench run felt very token. The movie was definitely copying the OT but that aspect felt like a real chore to everyone involved and wasn't needed.

Sent from mTalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back