Movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens - *Spoilers & Rumours inside*

Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
He means the original releases without the SE additions from the 90s AND the changes post prequel trilogy (eg adding the noooooo from Vader in ROTJ).

They did include original prints from the second release of the OT on dvd (1 disc was the SE, the other original). But the die hards still complained LOL.

Yep, non-anamorphic laser disc scans.

Brilliant!

Just saying, it would be good to have these celebrated films in the edit we originally fell in love with. They have the ability to do it and it’s been done with plenty of other classic films (blade runner is an excellent example).To many fans, the blatant refusal by Lucas to even consider releasing these was a massive slap in the face.

Anyway, there is hope. As I implied, with the recent purchase of 21st Century Fox by Disney we may be a step closer to having these released in an official capacity.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep, non-anamorphic laser disc scans.

Brilliant!

Just saying, it would be good to have these celebrated films in the edit we originally fell in love with. They have the ability to do it and it’s been done with plenty of other classic films (blade runner is an excellent example).To many fans, the blatant refusal by Lucas to even consider releasing these was a massive slap in the face.

Anyway, there is hope. As I implied, with the recent purchase of 21st Century Fox by Disney we may be a step closer to having these released in an official capacity.

Disney should just release 2 versions.

- Special Editions Blu Ray box set
- Original version Blu Ray box set

Everybody is happy.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Endless postitive reviews?

Write up by professional paid critics , look at the fan reviews they tell a different story ...oh but they all must be trolls :rolleyes:

There’s a clear disparity between the two

There are plenty of positive fan reviews too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
There are plenty of positive fan reviews too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt and there’s professional critics postitive reviews as well.

I was just trying to point out that the negatative critics professional or user reviews appears to be largely dismissed as “trolls” or “fanbois”

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The review is longer than the film? :drunk:
Yeah, the first 1 hr is hard to wade thru because he spends that first hour going over objective vs subjective, over and over and over.
Still....I can enjoy such a laborious monologue, depending on the depth of content.
But I do question why people "have to" make such long video reviews, love the sound of their own voices.
It's much better being succinct.

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
Yeah, the first 1 hr is hard to wade thru because he spends that first hour going over objective vs subjective, over and over and over.
Still....I can enjoy such a laborious monologue, depending on the depth of content.
But I do question why people "have to" make such long video reviews, love the sound of their own voices.
I'll give it a miss. Never heard of the bloke anyway.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'll give it a miss. Never heard of the bloke anyway.
He's honestly probably better than Mr Plinkett. However, he is far too not-concise.
He's famous for his The Last Jedi - an unbridled rage.
That made him famous on YT.
He since then made a three-part TLJ critique which is truly excellent.
If you want to give him a try, just skip to about 1 hr 5 minutes into it.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
So after 3 hours is his conclusion thumbs up or down?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
So after 3 hours is his conclusion thumbs up or down?
Actually, I don't recommend watching that video. The Mauler dude failed in producing a good video critique here. His TLJ ones are excellent, as he stuck to the point. But in this TFA one, that 3 hrs is merely an introduction to his critique, and is extremely thick on him defending himself against other youtubers, and waffling on about stuff repetitiously, that he ruins the video, ruins the few excellent points he DOES make about the movie itself.

Basically, he doesn't like TFA much at all. There are a few good things about it. But overall the entire movie/ST is lost with the problems in the opening crawl, the story set up, and the rest of the movie is enslaved by that opening crawl.

I could try to elaborate but youd have to watch the 3 hr movie :p Essentially...the entire set up for the ST is badly flawed from the get go.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Yeah the actually analysis Is basically the opening crawl undoes the original trilogy. He’s not wrong and I don’t mind he’s gone into depth with that but you don’t need a 3hr hour video on objectivity v subjectivity and TFA opening crawl.

He really should have just focused on TFA in this video instead and made a seperate video calling out other youtubers,

Last edited:
Actually, I don't recommend watching that video. The Mauler dude failed in producing a good video critique here. His TLJ ones are excellent, as he stuck to the point. But in this TFA one, that 3 hrs is merely an introduction to his critique, and is extremely thick on him defending himself against other youtubers, and waffling on about stuff repetitiously, that he ruins the video, ruins the few excellent points he DOES make about the movie itself.

Basically, he doesn't like TFA much at all. There are a few good things about it. But overall the entire movie/ST is lost with the problems in the opening crawl, the story set up, and the rest of the movie is enslaved by that opening crawl.

I could try to elaborate but youd have to watch the 3 hr movie :p Essentially...the entire set up for the ST is badly flawed from the get go.
I’m still annoyed they got rid of the empire/imperial remanent (the new EU on this is horribly patchy), created the resistance and eliminated the new republic too quickly. Don’t get me started on the battlefront 2 campaign and sw rebels lore, grrr...

In saying that, at least Thrawn and Pelleaon are now official canon.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
53743aad6a06e4de4e21b87fa194039a.gif

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Better than what we got. I'd have Snoke be Plagueis in the re-adaptations. Have Kylo hold the information from him because he'd want a Palpatine dead. Have Luke train Rey in 8, Kylo beats her easily in 8, Luke confronts Snoke in 8, but Kylo actually kills Snoke (as per TLJ) and even Luke is convinced for a second he's turned but he doesn't. In 9, Luke spends more time helping the Resistance while Rey is the one who finally defeats Kylo and turns him back to the light side, he lives. Luke could sacrifice himself by doing some crazy thing with the Force to save the fleet from some mega-star destroying ship of theirs, something like that.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Kylo could've worked as the sole main villain in 9 but he needed to be a badass who kicks everyone's ass and holds his own against Luke for it to have worked. Losing to Rey in 7 made him non-threatening, even though he does defeat Rey in 9 which I did like.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
i like your additions too.
the trilogy would've definitely felt more relevant to the PT/OT and connected better whilst also not onpy introducing new characters for us to love but honoring the original cast.

only thing id not do is make kylo turn back to the light...but luke and kylo both trying to win her over. luke succeeds but we could get another new character introduced in 8 (a female) who kylo makes his dark side apprentice after killing snoke.

id make kylo kill snoke more predetrmined and violent. truly becoming a formidable villain in this trilogy. good to have a very young sith overlord take the mantle as a departure from the crusty old sidious plagieis and snoke

Back