Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - THREAD PART 1 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS* - Cont. in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they just giving R1 more breathing space re the trailer. After taking a billion I can understand it if they wanted to milk R1 for a couple more months.

Quite possibly true. There was also speculation that the trailer would be attached to Rogue One itself, which of course didn't come to fruition.

I presume that was Snoke, but couldn't quite make out the dialogue. Do you know what he said?

Rumours are it will coincide with Celebration in March. Interesting though that we haven't had even a teaser by now. TFA released its first teaser in November 2015, which was 13 months before release. Here we are just under 11 months away and still nothing on the trailer front.

"A new order is rising. You will fight it...if the dark side makes you."

Which ties in to the thought that I have that Luke believes that getting involved in conflict was exactly what corrupted the Jedi in the first place (since any killing is murder), but Snoke is going to draw him out. That's why he laughs at the end.

Sounds ******* awesome.

Capture.PNG

Title looks to be final. Taken from Rian Johnson's Instagram

"A new order is rising. You will fight it...if the dark side makes you."

Which ties in to the thought that I have that Luke believes that getting involved in conflict was exactly what corrupted the Jedi in the first place (since any killing is murder), but Snoke is going to draw him out. That's why he laughs at the end.

Sounds ******* awesome.

Thanks for that. I could make out the reference to an order rising but couldn't piece together the rest.

Sounds intriguing. Hopefully there's an epic clash between Luke and Snoke (more likely in episode 9).

RLM are so boring now. Shame really. I've been a fan of their work for years.

The Plinkett reviews are/were great. But they only worked because they were hilariously holding trashy movies to higher standards than they achieved.

But their standard movie criticism is so rank and arbitrary now. And now they're just devolving into internet trolls baiting the fans of the films. Hating on people for spending time enjoying what they love just comes across as bullying.

We get it. Being excited by the title of a film is stupid. Who cares?

The Plinkett reviews are/were great. But they only worked because they were hilariously holding trashy movies to higher standards than they achieved.

But their standard movie criticism is so rank and arbitrary now. And now they're just devolving into internet trolls baiting the fans of the films. Hating on people for spending time enjoying what they love just comes across as bullying.

Yep. It's embarrassing now, trying too hard to stay relevant. I clicked on the above video, got about 2 minutes in and they were rambling on about some Sony backpacks or something stupid. And then I wondered why the * am I watching this trash, and switched it off.

Looking forward to Plinkett's 4 hour review of The Last Jedi where he'll go on about the prequels for 3 hours 58 minutes, then actually mention The Last Jedi in his closing comments.

Considering Frozen earned $107bn in marketing alone, they probably see SW as a pet project that might just take off one day

That's not true. Frozen earned $1b in merchandising. Star Wars earned $4b. I mean, Guinness says that Star Wars became the most successful movie merchandising franchise of all time when it hit $30b in 2012.

What you're referring to is the article that says that Frozen helped drive the ENTIRE $107b entertainment licensing industry for that year. Star Wars is a far bigger franchise than Frozen ever could hope to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not true. Frozen earned $1b in merchandising. Star Wars earned $4b. I mean, Guinness says that Star Wars became the most successful movie merchandising franchise of all time when it hit $30b in 2012.

What you're referring to is the article that says that Frozen helped drive the ENTIRE $107b entertainment licensing industry for that year. Star Wars is a far bigger franchise than Frozen ever could hope to be.

Yep. Misread it. Frozen has only made $5.3 billion USD in merchandising in 2 years.

Pinch of salt required, though. My post was all in jest anyway. Great to see SW crack 30 billion. I remember GL personally cracked 20 billion in sales prior to selling.

Not sure Lion King is up there anymore. It wasn't top 10 in 2015.

Merchandising is such a nebulous term these days anyway.

For Disney, theme park revenue falls in the same division. So as Frozen rolled out into those areas it tapped serious coin that isn't even included in standard merchandising lists. Park revenue is 15bn per annum. SW will bring the same with all these SW parks rolling out.

Frozen took 5bn in 2 years and merch was 1000% up in the 2nd year on the first. No idea what it took in 2016 (third year) but it hasn't exactly reversed its momentum.

Not that any of this takes the shine off the SW achievement.

Bloody Cars took 10bn in merch. It's nuts. :eek:

Not sure Lion King is up there anymore. It wasn't top 10 in 2015.

Merchandising is such a nebulous term these days anyway.

For Disney, theme park revenue falls in the same division. So as Frozen rolled out into those areas it tapped serious coin that isn't even included in standard merchandising lists. Park revenue is 15bn per annum. SW will bring the same with all these SW parks rolling out.

Frozen took 5bn in 2 years and merch was 1000% up in the 2nd year on the first. No idea what it took in 2016 (third year) but it hasn't exactly reversed its momentum.

Not that any of this takes the shine off the SW achievement.

Bloody Cars took 10bn in merch. It's nuts. :eek:

Wait..wat...SW Park?

Do tell.

Yep. It's embarrassing now, trying too hard to stay relevant. I clicked on the above video, got about 2 minutes in and they were rambling on about some Sony backpacks or something stupid. And then I wondered why the **** am I watching this trash, and switched it off.

Looking forward to Plinkett's 4 hour review of The Last Jedi where he'll go on about the prequels for 3 hours 58 minutes, then actually mention The Last Jedi in his closing comments.

Laughed hard at 4:20 "*clap clap clap YOU JUST KEEP HITTING THE ******* HOMERUNS DISNEY!!"

Laughed hard at 4:20 "*clap clap clap YOU JUST KEEP HITTING THE ******* HOMERUNS DISNEY!!"
After much re-thought, I do agree largely with their review of rogue one. So many points made not going to labor reciting. One thing I disagree with them tho is that the ending few minutes WAS great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back