Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - THREAD PART 1 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS* - Cont. in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This current triology was meant to finalise the Skywalker story. That was the whole point we were told. But by episode 8 Luke is dead, Leia we are told won’t be in 9, so what is there left to tell?

Rey actually invented the force is the big reveal.

Maybe Rian should stop trying to explain/justify himself, he's only making it worse, and aggravating worse, and proving how unimaginative as a writer he is -- that he can't have two guys in a scene together, and he can't understand how to use a group of guys together without getting killed.

Maybe Rian should stop trying to explain/justify himself, he's only making it worse, and aggravating worse, and proving how unimaginative as a writer he is -- that he can't have two guys in a scene together, and he can't understand how to use a group of guys together without getting killed.

Is it bad writing or is it us?

What if he's right?? maybe in his story they didn't fit in well..

whats the point of having them if you are going down the rey/ben friendship angle.

Rian has made a lot of justifications now. All of them make sense from a certain point of view.

Snokes Backstory not told: didn't have time to slow down the story.

Lightspeed collision: only works due to the size of the ship

Leia's force powers: his boss ordered him to do it (no kidding)

KoR: the story was already full of stuff and no room for them.

Luke's death: he might not be dead

Rey's parents: might still be revealed. Happy to leave that to the next film

Luke not using a green lightsaber: he was psychologically working over Kylo

Damn he's spent a lot of time on the internet explaining his movie.

All his comments make sense.

Rian has made a lot of justifications now. All of them make sense from a certain point of view.

They might, but it’s still a s**t movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, he's spent a lot of time explaining things because some fans just don't want to work s**t out for themselves or are searching for flaws. To me, Leia's force powers, Luke's death, the green lightsaber and Rey's parents needed no more explanation as the justifications exist. The lightspeed collision isn't an issue either. I would have liked to know a bit more about Snoke/Ben's history but there is also still one film to go. Likewise Knights of Ren.

Sound more like excuses.

26758337_10157129089952942_5994645142964026392_o.jpg

Actually saw someone say "It's good she doesn't die in this scene because then it would have meant a Woman of Colour was dying to allow a man to succeed".

Again, there's so much chaff in this film, you're telling me there couldn't be a subplot where the KoR found Luke and Rey on the island and we got some genuine action?

s**t, that makes for a better action sequence than the fight vs the guards. Cut the guard fight out and just skip straight to the Rey and Kylo scene with the lighsabre.

Again, there's so much chaff in this film, you're telling me there couldn't be a subplot where the KoR found Luke and Rey on the island and we got some genuine action?

s**t, that makes for a better action sequence than the fight vs the guards. Cut the guard fight out and just skip straight to the Rey and Kylo scene with the lighsabre.
Again, you just want Luke to * s**t up with his green lightsaber. That's not the story they were going for. Doing that might have given you your thrill, but would have been completely out of step with the story and the world they are trying to create.

So they changed the dialogue? This isn’t what happens in the version I have on Blu-ray. That version you e posted has been retconned, which is stupid. I like the old one better as it doesn’t make Vader out to be a forgetful douche.

Aside, the point stands. The Empire should’ve been crippled after Star Wars (ANH), it’s ridiculous that they somehow had the rebels on the run and they didn’t sufficiently explain how Vader could’ve known of Luke’s existence. He certainly didn’t sense his son’s presence specifically when “this one is strong with the force” and as I said, they had no idea where the rebels were hiding.

Another thing is Vader sensed the presence of Solo, Organa and co on the falcon in the asteroid field yet couldn’t sense it when the falcon was hiding on the side of the Star destroyer. Inconsistent writing.

Last edited:
Rian is a DH, I couldn't care what excuses this idiot wants to come up with.
**** movie!
**** Director!
2 years of hype and speculation totally pissed down the drain.
Im still convinced that Mary Poppins scene was a nightmare that didn't actually happen, what kind of spineless, weak, inept filmmaker lets that garbage in their film :drunk:, "my boss made me do it" JesusChrist give me a break.

So they changed the dialogue? This isn’t what happens in the version I have on Blu-ray. That version you e posted has been retconned, which is stupid. I like the old one better as it doesn’t make Vader out to be a forgetful douche.

Aside, the point stands. The Empire should’ve been crippled after Star Wars (ANH), it’s ridiculous that they somehow had the rebels on the run and they didn’t sufficiently explain how Vader could’ve known of Luke’s existence. He certainly didn’t sense his son’s presence specifically when “this one is strong with the force” and as I said, they had no idea where the rebels were hiding.

Another thing is Vader sensed the presence of Solo, Organa and co on the falcon in the asteroid field yet couldn’t sense it when the falcon was hiding on the side of the Star destroyer. Inconsistent writing.

Geez the Emperor looks shizen in the SE and PT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back