Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - THREAD PART 1 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS* - Cont. in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else here think Vader was never fully turned? If you think about Vader had feelings for Luke. A true Sith Lord shows no emotions or empathy for others.
at first he still had part of his old self but that died out and he was fully vader. until he learnt that his son was alive and that the emperor lied to him about him killing his wife and children. then he planned too overthrow palps with luke and we see how that ends in rotj

the comics etc and rebels and the whole story group basically explain that the vader got his power from the darkside from pure hate and loathing of himself.

http://www.ecartelera.com/noticias/38904/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-entrevista/

Kathleen Kennedy on the "romance" of Finn and Poe: "We have talked about it but you will not see it in 'The Last Jedi'"

The truth is that Lucasfilm could not have someone better in front. Kathleen Kennedy is sincere, direct and can not disguise her passion for the saga that was born of the hand of George Lucas with that new hope that has grown so much since the late 70's. Kathleen glistens eyes and seems a fan more when he We asked for all those rumors suggesting that the next thing in ' Star Wars ' could be a spin-off starring Obi-Wan Kenobi ... "To be honest, we're starting to talk about all of that right now , " says one more Kennedy That excited to an agenda of those that give vertigo. "We've been in the ' Han Solo ' movie for four or five weeks, and we're about to read the script for the ninth episode , directed by Colin Trevorrow ... So we have a lot of work at the moment . "

"In the next six or eight months we will have some meetings about the stories that we will develop next" , says this producer who confesses to be attentive to everything that the followers comment. "After 40 years of adventures people have a lot of information and a lot of theories about the way these stories can take, and sometimes those theories that come up are new ideas for us to listen to, read and pay attention to . Clear that the fans are as much masters of this franchise as we are " ... And is that the inhabitants of that galaxy so far represent a source of fresh proposals priceless. One of the latest and most widespread? The possible relationship between Finn and Poe , a romance that Kennedy does not rule out. "We've talked about it, but I think you're not going to see it in ' The Last Jedi, '" he says with a laugh. "We've talked about it," does that mean it 's a possibility? Do you really have so much in mind the opinions of the fans?

Hopefully! You tell me it would not be great to see in the next 'Star Wars Celebration', a handful of Finn and Poe hand in hand both Han Solo and Princess Leia. What is clear is that in the next fan event, already set for 2019, there will still be a lot of "mini King", because as Kennedy comments, the new generation of actors has not only "emulated the protagonists of the original trilogy " But has connected with the young as did in the day the characters played by Carrie Fisher , Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford . "I was approached by three little King costumes and they vibrated with anticipation because they were going to meet Daisy [Ridley] and I think that's exactly what these movies should do , " says Kennedy proudly.

Carrie and the heroines of the saga
Whether it was a press conference motivated by 'The Last Jedi', Carrie's presence in every question was inevitable . We have all missed Princess Leia this year in Orlando, a sentiment shared by the entire Lucasfilm team that has been forced to rethink the direction of the saga after the tragedy . "Obviously we got hit very hard when Carrie passed away in December.We sat down with Colin to think again about where we were heading with the ninth episode.Carrie was a very important part of that story, something I really wanted to do and Which we really wanted to see, " says this producer who wanted to stop the rumors about the character of this beloved actress, with a stroke.

"Given the circumstances, we will not follow the path we had set," said Kennedy dismissing that crazy idea that was swarming among some fans: that we would see a CGI Carrie closing the new trilogy. Luckily since Lucasfilm can not take more care of his princess, a character who has done so much for the female figure, not only in the saga, but in the seventh art . Leia opened the way but today there are many other heroines taking center stage in 'Star Wars'. " I think there is a clear intention to focus on the heroines of our stories and highlight their strength , but there are also very strong men.The goal is to find the balance in these stories and not have a single heroine but fill our stories with a multitude of characters That are representative not only of men and women, but of a great variety of ethnicities . " What is clear with Rey ( Daisy Ridley ) and 'Forces of Destiny' is that in this galactic universe the female characters are absolutely universalizable. It should not surprise us with such a firm president in front of the boat.

Think it was in his ABC interview with Daisy Ridley was saying that he was shocked with what Rian has done with Lukes character.

I'd be shocked if they treat him with respect, dignity, and longevity. ******* over Luke is the easiest decision for the current mob to make.

Sent from mTalk

I think that if episodes 1 to 3 are the rise of Anakin Skywalker, and 4-6 are the fall of Anakin/Vader....and Anakin/Vader is a Christ like figure (the force more powerful in him than anyone else, he had no father so evidently immaculately conceived) , then episodes 7 to 9 might logically be "the Resurrection of Anakin Skywalker" Which lends credence to those rumors of Hayden Christensen returning as a ghost Anakin. The Holy Ghost? So what if it turns out Ben and Rey *are* brother and sister and Anakin comes back in ghost form to tell them to form the new order? where does leave Luke? Has Luke turned to the Dark Side, leading to Anakin having to come back to organize his grandchildren to fight his son?

Does anyone want to take a stab at the mystery of Kylo's statement that "I will finish what you started"?

What's the pervading thought regarding this mystery?
While it's not common knowledge, Vader always loved musicals and dreamed of writing a broadway hit. Before his death he had secured the rights to sharknado the musical. Sadly he only finished the music and choreography for half the songs. Kylo shared Vaders love of jazz hands and wanted to finish the musical.

If you read the EU, comics/books, Vader was losing the trust of the Emperor, and/or the Emperor growing increasingly cautious of Vader that eventually Vader would try to take power -- that's the whole point of the "Rule of Two", the apprentice to eventually learn everything, become more powerful and claim mastership at the former master's expense. I guess once learning Luke was his kid, he wanted him as his apprentice. When Luke turned him down, why he said, well if you wont join me then maybe your sister will.

Haven't read any stuff from the old EU but that actually makes sense Palpatine wanted Luke to kill Vader because he knows Luke is more powerful and younger then Vader.

From reading the Vader comics it became pretty clear the Emperor didn't care who his apprentice was so long as they were the most powerful. In the comics the Emperor continually tests Vader against rivals to test his worth.

I believe it was the same with Luke/Vader. He just wanted to pit them against each other and he would have taken the winner as his apprentice. It didn't matter who survived, the Emperor would have won. Similar to TFA were Snoke makes Kylo kill his father. The Emperor knew it would be far easier to turn Luke if he had killed his father.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In TFA when Kylo Ren is alone in his chambers, he speaks to Vader's helmet. But he says something like, "Forgive me, I feel it again, the pull of the light. Show me again the power of the darkness.......show me, grandfather."

Show me again.

This suggests not only a Vader force ghost, but also that he has been communicating with Kylo Ren.

Anakin, a child of the Force itself, was therefore able to become a force ghost. So what's to say the dark side of Anakin's force cannot exist alongside the light side version (anakin ROTJ bonfire) as a force ghost?

I feel this all hasn't been touched on enough leading into TLJ. Because there is in-movie evidence there to support that contention -- dark side force ghost vader + it's often communicating with Kylo in private.

People writing it off as Kylo just being deranged and hallucinating, but in TLJ then we could see both Rey and Kylo communicating with Hayden Christensen as force ghost.

Yes? No?

There were even drawings rendered in the Visual Dictionary showing a dark Hayden force ghost. So that's out there already.

If Anakin is the Force itself, he's both light and dark. So why couldn't both sides of him splinter into force ghosts? After all, the force itself needs it's own duality to exist.

It sounds weird, like Anakin-Dark is scheming against Anakin-Light, which makes no sense. But if you think of it as like a force ghost is like a holocron, then it can work. Where Kylo is tapping into Anakin's eternal "dark side" nature/holocron. And Rey begins tapping into Anakin's eternal "light side" nature/holocron. And Luke's role? Perhaps to bring them both together to the middle, after learning the Jedi Order's flaws/treachery.

Or he is just paying, like most pray to God

Sent from mTalk
The thing I was highlighting was "SHOW ME AGAIN".....as in, Kylo has been SHOWN and shown BEFORE often. So, he's obviously seeing/hearing the Lord Vader incarnation of Anakin (ROTS) as force ghost. Communicating with him back and forth.

There were even drawings rendered in the Visual Dictionary showing a dark Hayden force ghost. So that's out there already.

If Anakin is the Force itself, he's both light and dark. So why couldn't both sides of him splinter into force ghosts? After all, the force itself needs it's own duality to exist.

It sounds weird, like Anakin-Dark is scheming against Anakin-Light, which makes no sense. But if you think of it as like a force ghost is like a holocron, then it can work. Where Kylo is tapping into Anakin's eternal "dark side" nature/holocron. And Rey begins tapping into Anakin's eternal "light side" nature/holocron. And Luke's role? Perhaps to bring them both together to the middle, after learning the Jedi Order's flaws/treachery.

I have little doubt that the force ghosts are there and active in the lead up to TFA, and hopefully we'll get some more context on this in TLJ. It makes logical sense that Anakin's force ghost is communicating with Kylo. And Luke. Quite possibly he was involved during the new Jedi academy period.

But to have two force ghosts for Anakin would be somewhat comical, and not in a good way. For me, it would cheapen his redemption in ROTJ.

In terms of a Reyveal™ , I think the rumor/leak (false or not) that in TLJ Rey is heard singing a lullaby under her breath early in the film, and someone hears it, then later there's a visual reveal of Leia singing that same lullaby to a baby child in a "forceback".....i think THAT's the type of perfect visual story-telling reveal to expect in TLJ. Nothing said, no verbal exposition, no elaborate get around, and the whole film can go along still posing the mystery until the connection is made in a brief visual.

Could even be not a forceback, but a present day event/scene. Like say, Kylo visits Leia in a jail cell (say), and they're talking, and Leia starts to hum the lullaby to him.

In terms of a Reyveal™ , I think the rumor/leak (false or not) that in TLJ Rey is heard singing a lullaby under her breath early in the film, and someone hears it, then later there's a visual reveal of Leia singing that same lullaby to a baby child in a "forceback".....i think THAT's the type of perfect visual story-telling reveal to expect in TLJ. Nothing said, no verbal exposition, no elaborate get around, and the whole film can go along still posing the mystery until the connection is made in a brief visual.

Could even be not a forceback, but a present day event/scene. Like say, Kylo visits Leia in a jail cell (say), and they're talking, and Leia starts to hum the lullaby to him.

Is the inference here that Rey is Leia's daughter?

Is the inference here that Rey is Leia's daughter?
There was a rumored script leak in August 2016, talking about those scenes, and thus inferring that Leia is her mother.
But I was more talking about the cinematic reveal itself, whomever the parents are, would be LIKE THAT....some kind of subtle visual/aural cue, than some heavy exposition.

There was a rumored script leak in August 2016, talking about those scenes, and thus inferring that Leia is her mother.
But I was more talking about the cinematic reveal itself, whomever the parents are, would be LIKE THAT....some kind of subtle visual/aural cue, than some heavy exposition.

Interesting. But how could Leia not know she has a daughter?

I hope this isn't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back