Star Wars Star Wars: The Last Jedi - THREAD PART 2 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS*

Remove this Banner Ad

There has been scientific studies on DNA which show that it responds to negative emotions by tightening its spiral, and does the opposite and relaxes when exposed to positive emotions.

There have also been studies that show that hate releases just as much dopamine as love does.

See, I’m of the opinion that so many people hate the Last Jedi because they don’t love it...but they want to feel that same shot of dopamine that they were expecting from seeing a new Star Wars movie so they’ll latch onto everything they didn’t like and over analyse it in a way that no fantasy movie would ever be able to stand up to.

Then they’ll try to convince everyone that they are right and hope they get a second shot of dopamine when people agree with them and say “Yeah man, you’re right, it ******* sucks!”

I mean seriously, if it’s that bad, why waste your time on it? Why literally kill yourself through making yourself more prone to sickness and things like cancer by raging about it?

I still maintain that it’s better than Empire in terms of the themes it conveyed, but I couldn’t care less if you think it’s the worst movie ever made. I’d rather ten TLJs than one Solo, because Solo was a movie that had no substance - probably why Harrison Ford hated the character really.

Life is too short to waste time on things you hate.

There have also been scientific studies to demonstrate that once a person has passed away, and been buried, that’s it. They’re actually dead, as unfortunate as that is.

But it still remains a grey area for some, who are perhaps unconvinced of its findings.

It’s a topic that remains underfunded, so hopefully more studies are commissioned soon to prove conclusively that once a person is dead, they cannot perform feats such as reviewing new movies.

There have also been scientific studies to demonstrate that once a person has passed away, and been buried, that’s it. They’re actually dead, as unfortunate as that is.

But it still remains a grey area for some, who are perhaps unconvinced of its findings.

It’s a topic that remains underfunded, so hopefully more studies are commissioned soon to prove conclusively that once a person is dead, they cannot perform feats such as reviewing new movies.

Ahhh, like everyone you might feel the need to latch on to a mistake I’ve made in the past as a way to discredit what I’m saying now?

I hope that works out for you. Truly :)

There has been scientific studies on DNA which show that it responds to negative emotions by tightening its spiral, and does the opposite and relaxes when exposed to positive emotions.

There have also been studies that show that hate releases just as much dopamine as love does.

See, I’m of the opinion that so many people hate the Last Jedi because they don’t love it...but they want to feel that same shot of dopamine that they were expecting from seeing a new Star Wars movie so they’ll latch onto everything they didn’t like and over analyse it in a way that no fantasy movie would ever be able to stand up to.

Then they’ll try to convince everyone that they are right and hope they get a second shot of dopamine when people agree with them and say “Yeah man, you’re right, it ******* sucks!”

I mean seriously, if it’s that bad, why waste your time on it? Why literally kill yourself through making yourself more prone to sickness and things like cancer by raging about it?

I still maintain that it’s better than Empire in terms of the themes it conveyed, but I couldn’t care less if you think it’s the worst movie ever made. I’d rather ten TLJs than one Solo, because Solo was a movie that had no substance - probably why Harrison Ford hated the character really.

Life is too short to waste time on things you hate.
Or maybe people just hate the movie because of loads of problems it has that have been mentioned numerous times...

Let me put that in another way too......there is so much about TLJ that could have (should have) been done much much better. Even the "good" things in TLJ could/should have been done much better and then they'd have been actually things to be enthusiastic about, wanting you to look forward to the next movie installment. You can look at all the previous SW movies and find a FEW things here and there that couldve been done better. Whereas TLJ it's almost EVERYTHING about the movie, even the good things.
What good things?

Ahhh, like everyone you might feel the need to latch on to a mistake I’ve made in the past as a way to discredit what I’m saying now?

I hope that works out for you. Truly :)

Unfortunately, I just can’t take anything you say about TLJ too seriously because of the ridiculouslness of said mistake.

For me it heavily discounts your opinion which otherwise might be very valid in the points you raise.

The film itself has a laundry list of flaws varying from significant to minor, and the displeasure from some of the fan base cannot simply be dismissed by the theory you outlined above.

What good things?
The concept of Kylo and Rey joining forces for a new kind of galactic rule. The throne room scene, where they team up to destroy Snoke, for their own reasons, but it opens the door for what they discussed previously, to join forces. So the moment comes, and there's a really good heart-felt scene between them, great acting, great scene with falling embers in the background etc. And the response by Rey was right..."no". And that meta talk of killing the past and transcending to a new way of things.

Unfortunately, I just can’t take anything you say about TLJ too seriously because of the ridiculouslness of said mistake.

For me it heavily discounts your opinion which otherwise might be very valid in the points you raise.

The film itself has a laundry list of flaws varying from significant to minor, and the displeasure from some of the fan base cannot simply be dismissed by the theory you outlined above.

Being unaware that someone has passed discounts someone’s opinion of something completely unrelated to that statement?

The concept of Kylo and Rey joining forces for a new kind of galactic rule. The throne room scene, where they team up to destroy Snoke, for their own reasons, but it opens the door for what they discussed previously, to join forces. So the moment comes, and there's a really good heart-felt scene between them, great acting, great scene with falling embers in the background etc. And the response by Rey was right..."no". And that meta talk of killing the past and transcending to a new way of things.

Except that was the opporunity to do something real and different in the saga and it threw it in the bin so then they could copy a scene from Spaceballs.

That's where the movie fell off a cliff for me.

Except that was the opporunity to do something real and different in the saga and it threw it in the bin so then they could copy a scene from Spaceballs.

That's where the movie fell off a cliff for me.
Sure. Just saying that WAS a great/good thing in the movie. Was asked what was good.
Remember, I said before....the entire TLJ could've and should've been done better. There's a lot of room where that exists when reviewing the film, more than other SW movies. That's unfortunate that RJ's ego got in the way of artistic integrity, because TLJ COULD'VE been a great film with more due diligence, more care, more time to write, more give and take discussions with the actors and crew.

Being unaware that someone has passed discounts someone’s opinion of something completely unrelated to that statement?

Completely unrelated? WTF? You said he gave the film 4 stars. You said if anyone knows movies, it’s him.

So I’d say that’s quite related to your statement. And yes, when you elevate the standing of a person who passed away 4 years prior in a desperate attempt to support your statement, that sure as hell discounts future opinion for me :)

Sure. Just saying that WAS a great/good thing in the movie. Was asked what was good.
Remember, I said before....the entire TLJ could've and should've been done better. There's a lot of room where that exists when reviewing the film, more than other SW movies. That's unfortunate that RJ's ego got in the way of artistic integrity, because TLJ COULD'VE been a great film with more due diligence, more care, more time to write, more give and take discussions with the actors and crew.

To me, the best part of TLJ was the small scene where Luke started to reconnect with the force and reached out to Leia.

Was perfectly done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely unrelated? WTF? You said he gave the film 4 stars. You said if anyone knows movies, it’s him.

So I’d say that’s quite related to your statement. And yes, when you elevate the standing of a person who passed away 4 years prior in a desperate attempt to support your statement, that sure as hell discounts future opinion for me :)

It’s unrelated to what I’m talking about now. I had no idea that he passed away.

But you keep clinging to that branch. It shows what sort of person you are sadly.

I wouldn’t describe any of things as good. Kylo and Rey have no real connection to each other so I’m not invested in their relationship. When they join up it’s over they’ll just steam role everything in galaxy so I don’t find that possibility very interesting and the response from Rey was wrong, she doesn’t have any reason to respond that way.

That scene with Leia at the end was nice too.

It was ok, but ultimately undone with the knowledge that's the last time they see each other. Was it enough for that? I don't think so.

That was a great moment, the score was excellent too. Only lasted a few seconds, but this was powerful stuff.

Yep, excellently scored, great visuals and camera work. It was one of the very few 'less is more' moments in the movie, that threw back to Lucas's silent movie approach, where you let the visuals and music take over from more traditional storytelling techniques like dialogue and acting.

'Carn Janus, that was a good burn. I wasn't sure where it was going for a while there, but then there it was.

If someone burnt me that well, I'd pay it.

Actually, was it JackOutback that wrote up that alternate TLJ? That was a good one.

I don’t mind the roast if that’s what people like...it’s saying that opinion is dismissed because of it that I’ve got a problem with.

It’s unrelated to what I’m talking about now. I had no idea that he passed away.

But you keep clinging to that branch. It shows what sort of person you are sadly.

“Shows what person you are” :D

The classic go to of the desparate internet forum poster. All good buddy, as you were :)

349898.jpg

It was ok, but ultimately undone with the knowledge that's the last time they see each other. Was it enough for that? I don't think so.
I feel like it was undone by the fact he wasn’t actually there and he then proceedes to keep being a dick to her son.

I feel like it was undone by the fact he wasn’t actually there and he then proceedes to keep being a dick to her son.

Leia basically gives him the thumbs up to kill him, it's an interesting point, especially after Luke tried so hard to save Vader. They agree that Kylo is too far gone for saving (I think, been a while since I watched this). There's probably no doubt Luke could have killed him if he could've been there in person. If he didn't turn his X-Wing in to a water feature. Instead he toys with him and allows him to continue seizing the galaxy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back