Star Wars Star Wars: The Last Jedi - THREAD PART 2 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS*

Remove this Banner Ad

That art was created by Johnson as well you know. And transcendence also applies to everybody - I think you’ll find the First Order and Kylo Ren will turn into the kind of people you want them to be by the end of Episode 9...so long as Abrams doesn’t **** it up by pandering to fans who don’t know what the trilogy is about.
I totally agree. they had the balls to change the story a little instead of just doing a straight copy of the originals like people seem to have wanted. They should carry through with them, because what's the point of remaking the same storyline over and over.

I guess the device of force ghosts enables dead characters to be never truly dead. Force ghosts can now impact real living events. If it was just ethereal communication thats one thing. But if the force ghosts can directly impact stuff in the living world its kinda cheap.
Unless you do a spin off trilogy. Revenge of the 'ghosts"

I guess the device of force ghosts enables dead characters to be never truly dead. Force ghosts can now impact real living events. If it was just ethereal communication thats one thing. But if the force ghosts can directly impact stuff in the living world its kinda cheap.
Unless you do a spin off trilogy. Revenge of the 'ghosts"
I didn't mind it as part of lukes character development but I do hope that it says more about yodas power instead of just anyone who is a ghost can do stuff.

Also I don't think they'd ever have a sith be a ghost. I imagine the Jedi can become ghosts because they become one with the force, whereas the sith simply use the force.

Yoda being able to control the weather is quite ridiculous.

Although that lightning would’ve been quite handy on Crait.
I think as a Jedi it's Inferred that got a has the power to use force lightning, but he doesn't because to use it as a weapon would be evil.

That said, I hope that its the only time we see a force ghost do something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think as a Jedi it's Inferred that got a has the power to use force lightning, but he doesn't because to use it as a weapon would be evil.

That said, I hope that its the only time we see a force ghost do something like that.

My understanding was that becoming one with the force was the pinnacle of the light side. And vice versa, force lightning for the dark. I seem to recall George Lucas saying this some time ago, but not exactly sure where I’d read that.

Anyway, Yoda being able to control the weather and instigate lightning from the clouds is just too far. It just doesn’t seem plausible within the lore already established, and raises so many other inconsistencies.

My understanding was that becoming one with the force was the pinnacle of the light side. And vice versa, force lightning for the dark. I seem to recall George Lucas saying this some time ago, but not exactly sure where I’d read that.

Anyway, Yoda being able to control the weather and instigate lightning from the clouds is just too far. It just doesn’t seem plausible within the lore already established, and raises so many other inconsistencies.
I'm ok with it as a one off as it didn't have any real bearing on the story I'd just never want to see yoga or any other ghosts get involved in a fight

It’s pretty clear you still don’t know what the Force is if you think Yoda being able to control lightning was a big deal.

The Force is the differential between everything. It’s the space between breathing in and breathing out. It’s the flow between positive and negative. And it’s the distance between an electrically charged cloud and the ground.

“It’s not a power you have. It’s the tension between all things.”

“It’s an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.”

When someone uses the Dark Side, they unlock abilities that are “unnatural” - meaning lightning that is generated from the differential between people, rather than a cloud and another cloud/the ground. People have an electrical charge too, you know.

Consider those that have ascended to become one with the Force as divine and you’ll have a better grasp on why Yoda wouldn’t bother fighting anyone as he is. He’s part of the Force itself. And the Force can’t fight anyone...because it needs an opposing aspect to push against. And what can push against something that is everything?

It’s pretty clear you still don’t know what the Force is if you think Yoda being able to control lightning was a big deal.

The Force is the differential between everything. It’s the space between breathing in and breathing out. It’s the flow between positive and negative. And it’s the distance between an electrically charged cloud and the ground.

“It’s an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.”

When someone uses the Dark Side, they unlock abilities that are “unnatural” - meaning lightning that is generated from the differential between people, rather than a cloud and another cloud/the ground. People have an electrical charge too, you know.

Consider those that have ascended to become one with the Force as divine and you’ll have a better grasp on why Yoda wouldn’t bother fighting anyone as he is. He’s part of the Force itself. And the Force can’t fight anyone...because it needs an opposing aspect to push against. And what can push against something that is everything?

Utter bullshit.

I'm ok with it as a one off as it didn't have any real bearing on the story I'd just never want to see yoga or any other ghosts get involved in a fight

Yes hopefully just a once off. It was out of place to begin with so perhaps that will be that.

0OTRv8M4KpF5_p4iHfGYf43TMiw=.gif

nothing, nothingness

Nothingness doesn’t provide resistance, it just provides the medium through which something is born/manifested. It’s a vacuum.

I’ve now come to the conclusion that the real reason why people hate on TLJ is because the theming is very spiritual and people don’t like that. It makes them uncomfortable to see a story that is based on human frailty and failings and the transcendence between hubris of the ego and the sacrifice of the ego for the collective consciousness.

That’s why it illicits such a polarising reaction. Johnson held up a mirror to the egoistic nature of the majority of people and they didn’t like it one little bit. No one saved the day. There was no grand reward at the end of all the sacrifice. Even Luke was an illusion. And those that do try to be the hero are chastised for their selfishness. “There were a lot of heroes on that mission.”

“Dead heroes. No leaders.”

I’m glad it made people uncomfortable. It’s like the pebble in your shoe that won’t go away.

Dead heroes that saved everyone's life.

The writing and themes are so ******* ignorant of itself.

Sent from mTalk

Err no they didn’t. The order to evacuate was given by Leia before the Dreadnought had a chance to charge its cannons. It was just hubris on Poe’s part to order the attack when the main purpose behind it - distracting the First Order from the unprotected transports - was now out of the picture.

Err no they didn’t. The order to evacuate was given by Leia before the Dreadnought had a chance to charge its cannons. It was just hubris on Poe’s part to order the attack when the main purpose behind it - distracting the First Order from the unprotected transports - was now out of the picture.

Poe's attack was already underway. It already saved the transports. Had they not destroyed the dreadnought it would have tracked them with the rest of the fleet them.

Sent from mTalk

Wait, we are really arguing about leias line about dead heroes?

Duck me people will find anything to whine about. That was the most sensible real world line in a movie about space wizards and aliens.

It is because of its ignorance which is a recurring problem with the movie that reaches its crescendo with Rose and Finn at the end.

What the movie preaches is undone by the reality and logic of its actual plot.

Sent from mTalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back