Star Wars Star Wars: The Last Jedi - THREAD PART 2 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS*

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Luke did save the day in your precious TLJ.
I thought Rey did, you know, with her overpowered moving of rocks :rolleyes:

You really are just arguing contradictory points for the sake of arguing. On the one hand, you say the original characters were given short shrift and used to serve the new characters. On the other, it's just like the Expendable and the original characters are the true heroes that save the day. Both can't be right.

I thought Rey did, you know, with her overpowered moving of rocks :rolleyes:

You really are just arguing contradictory points for the sake of arguing. On the one hand, you say the original characters were given short shrift and used to serve the new characters. On the other, it's just like the Expendable and the original characters are the true heroes that save the day. Both can't be right.

Last reply to you because I'm almost certain you're idiot trolling now.

The Expendables analogy was brought up by YOU in response to someone talking about characterisation and role in the story. Expendables are almost exclusively mindless action.

I brought up the fact that the old characters have large roles to play in the majority of action scenes (Maz's castle, Starkiller base, Crait).

You then countered by saying what you actually meant was that the old characters aren't the heroes (which, if this was your point to begin with, was bizarre to use Expendables as your go to and betrays your lack of movie knowledge).

I then mocked that, and you seem to have taken that seriously (that I was pointing out that the films did have the old characters as the main heroes).

I have consistently argued the same point all the way through this pointless exchange, but your constant shifting of the goal posts and back pedals on what you actually meant have lead to a rather bizarre exchange.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Last reply to you because I'm almost certain you're idiot trolling now.

The Expendables analogy was brought up by YOU in response to someone talking about characterisation and role in the story. Expendables are almost exclusively mindless action.

I brought up the fact that the old characters have large roles to play in the majority of action scenes (Maz's castle, Starkiller base, Crait).

You then countered by saying what you actually meant was that the old characters aren't the heroes (which, if this was your point to begin with, was bizarre to use Expendables as your go to and betrays your lack of movie knowledge).

I then mocked that, and you seem to have taken that seriously (that I was pointing out that the films did have the old characters as the main heroes).

I have consistently argued the same point all the way through this pointless exchange, but your constant shifting of the goal posts and back pedals on what you actually meant have lead to a rather bizarre exchange.
You really don't even know what you're arguing now.

I brought up the Expendables as an example of a movie in which senior citizens carry the film and save the day. I did not argue they aren't the heroes, I argued the exact opposite, but at least we now know where your failure to understand comes from. I said you shouldn't have expected that from Star Wars, at which point you started arguing that's exactly what we got because Han had a few action scenes. So yes, you have spent two pages arguing the old guys were the heroes of the film in direct contradiction to one of your other complaints about the film.

You misunderstood the initial post because you intervened in a separate discussion to try and win a point on the internet. If you wanted to disagree with me just for the sake of it, you should have argued, like edgie did, that the marketing at least made it seem like the film was going to be carried by the old guys (but that's a complaint for TFA, not TLJ).

You don't think telling someone they "really are stupid" is a pot shot? Probably even a bit more than a pot shot?

Huh? What are you even asking.

I said he was welcome to take pot shots..

You really don't even know what you're arguing now.

I brought up the Expendables as an example of a movie in which senior citizens carry the film and save the day. I did not argue they aren't the heroes, I argued the exact opposite, but at least we now know where your failure to understand comes from. I said you shouldn't have expected that from Star Wars, at which point you started arguing that's exactly what we got because Han had a few action scenes. So yes, you have spent two pages arguing the old guys were the heroes of the film in direct contradiction to one of your other complaints about the film.

You misunderstood the initial post because you intervened in a separate discussion to try and win a point on the internet. If you wanted to disagree with me just for the sake of it, you should have argued, like edgie did, that the marketing at least made it seem like the film was going to be carried by the old guys (but that's a complaint for TFA, not TLJ).

:thumbsu:

Any other 40yo franchises that would have an above average rate of people buying physical in its fanbase?

Star Trek and maybe James Bond would have a pretty high level of physical sales I would think.

But yes, kind of a pointless stat given as you say, adding the next chapter to the collection will always inflate SW DVD sales.

Out of interest how do the sales compare to TFA or R1?

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Any other 40yo franchises that would have an above average rate of people buying physical in its fanbase?
Haha, good point. I reckon people do still buy DVDs, apparently TLJ sold 375,000 in three days (TFA sold a little over one million in seven), though I would have thought Star Wars fans would wait for the final film to buy the box set. I know I will.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Huh? What are you even asking.

I said he was welcome to take pot shots..

In response to a post of his in which he didn't take a pot shot at you. A few posts after you flat out abused him
emoji23.png

Your selfless accommodation of pot shots aside, this is funny.

In response to a post of his in which he didn't take a pot shot at you. A few posts after you flat out abused him
emoji23.png

Your selfless accommodation of pot shots aside, this is funny.
I think you're a bit confused. Maybe time to move on.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
From what i can summarise so far, people disappointed with the film see both films as Star Wars meets "Red Dwarf" with messy character arc!

I think I like them because visually they are spectacular, with witty dialogue here and there. Han and Chewie feature the most in TFA, Kylo Ren is pretty cool. They are memorable films by themselves....

Could be better?? Yes! Snoke deserved way better than that. He had the ingredients to be spectacular for all 3 films!

Haha, good point. I reckon people do still buy DVDs, apparently TLJ sold 375,000 in three days (TFA sold a little over one million in seven), though I would have thought Star Wars fans would wait for the final film to buy the box set. I know I will.

Read an article a few years ago about the life cycle of DVDs ( - don't have a link :oops:) where the idea was floated that you could go to the cinema, see the movie and as you leave buy the DVD in the cinema at a discounted price by handing in your ticket.
Would probably work with movies like Star Wars.

From what i can summarise so far, people disappointed with the film see both films as Star Wars meets "Red Dwarf" with messy character arc!

I think I like them because visually they are spectacular, with witty dialogue here and there. Han and Chewie feature the most in TFA, Kylo Ren is pretty cool. They are memorable films by themselves....

Could be better?? Yes! Snoke deserved way better than that. He had the ingredients to be spectacular for all 3 films!

TLJ looks good. But after that its garbage.
Kinda like being married to a supermodel and one day you ask her to help you with your taxes so she goes outside in her knickers and screams TAXI at cars driving up and down your street. Then her modelling agency keeps it out of the local paper.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Read an article a few years ago about the life cycle of DVDs ( - don't have a link :oops:) where the idea was floated that you could go to the cinema, see the movie and as you leave buy the DVD in the cinema at a discounted price by handing in your ticket.
Would probably work with movies like Star Wars.
Bands do that, no reason it couldn't work with films I guess. Only issue is you wouldn't get it straight away or torrents would be online at 3am precisely on the day of release and not everyone will hand over cash for the promise of a DVD soon.

TLJ looks good. But after that its garbage.
Kinda like being married to a supermodel and one day you ask her to help you with your taxes so she goes outside in her knickers and screams TAXI at cars driving up and down your street. Then her modelling agency keeps it out of the local paper.
Just like most of the criticisms of TLJ, that's not enough of an issue to bother me. Would simply bring her inside and bang her again.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion

No such concept of a final film anymore I'm afraid.

I got the Bonds Dr No to Quantum of Solace, would prefer it was ended with Die Another Day though. Adding in the Craig reboot ones makes it feel incomplete.

Sent from mTalk

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
No such concept of a final film anymore I'm afraid.

I got the Bonds Dr No to Quantum of Solace, would prefer it was ended with Die Another Day though. Adding in the Craig reboot ones makes it feel incomplete.

Sent from mTalk
Sure, but I'm content to buy trilogies together, buy anthology movies separately etc. I don't need them all in one neat box.

I bought a Blu Ray box set of Star Wars that included Episodes 1-6, I have Rogue One, I'll probably buy Solo so long as it's not complete trash, and I'll buy episodes VII-IX eventually.

Bands do that, no reason it couldn't work with films I guess. Only issue is you wouldn't get it straight away or torrents would be online at 3am precisely on the day of release and not everyone will hand over cash for the promise of a DVD soon.

Just like most of the criticisms of TLJ, that's not enough of an issue to bother me. Would simply bring her inside and bang her again.

The merch table with bands is great.
And yeah the buy the movie as you walk out of the cinema has some massive flaws. Why it would only really maybe work with franchises with cult/mainstream appeal.

And I know the criticisms don't bother you. One man's Big M is another man's space cow. :thumbsu:

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Han Solo was a male Human smuggler from the planet Corellia who achieved galactic fame as a member of the Rebel Alliance and later the New Republic. Born on Corellia, he was orphaned at an early age and taken by the pirate Garris Shrike to serve on his crew. He was treated cruelly, and served Shrike for many years before escaping while in his teens. Solo became a smuggler, and fell in love with Bria Tharen, though she left him due to her duties to the Rebel Alliance. Solo then entered the Imperial Academy at Carida, serving with distinction. He was kicked out, however, when he stopped an Imperial officer from beating a Wookiee named Chewbacca with a neuronic whip for resisting capture. In gratitude, the Wookiee swore a life debt to Solo, protecting him with his life and a bond of friendship formed between the two that was unbreakable. Solo became a smuggler once again, with Chewbacca at his side. Piloting the upgraded and customized the Millennium Falcon, which he won in a game of Sabacc against Lando Calrissian, his future ally, he became known as one of the best smugglers in the galaxy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Han_Solo/Legends

Back