Star Wars Star Wars: The Last Jedi - THREAD PART 2 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS*

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to like things on the right and left wing sides...

it's called having an open mind...

He's a ******* arsehole. If you want a right winger with considered opinions who isn't batshit crazy there's plenty out there. Although I'm not sure if they 'review' Star Wars movies.

He's a ******* arsehole. If you want a right winger with considered opinions who isn't batshit crazy there's plenty out there. Although I'm not sure if they 'review' Star Wars movies.

He has some very intelligent analysis on philosophy, to be fair. Sure, some things are over the top, but i tend to agree with some things he and Southern have to say. As they both say, they are all about freedom of speech. Even if you don't agree with them. What they are both trying to teach the mainstream is that they have that freedom of speech and it shouldn't be considered hate-speech necessarily.

It's sort of like the silencing of sky news at railways, that's when we head down the track of all your news and all your opinions being programmed by centralised companies of a very few, usually in the form of the far left and the over conservative. (the very rich/wealthy)

Any important policy that might be big news will be pushed aside for celebrity nonsense and liberalist agenda driven nonsense all the time.

Last edited:

**** off.

Wow!!!

Look you don't have to agree with some of his more controversial opinion, but he also has some intelligent content over the years..

People who come back with **** off, usually do it when they lose that facility of argument or of debate.

It's sort of like when someone has nothing else to say, they just get angry.

Remember the last time we saw the OT hero's all together...

1*4mzYJONHrxPpdOxzRWos3g.jpeg

This is them in the Sequel Trilogy...

upload_2018-8-13_17-25-29.png

Found it on a recent Reddit post. Pretty depressing if you ask me.

Remember the last time we saw the OT hero's all together...

1*4mzYJONHrxPpdOxzRWos3g.jpeg

This is them in the Sequel Trilogy...

View attachment 542746

Found it on a recent Reddit post. Pretty depressing if you ask me.

Quite damning to see it laid out like that. Staggering really.

Not even the dignity of leaving in those 20 odd seconds of Luke reacting to the news that Han died. Disgraceful.

Because pacing.

Now do the same for characters from the Prequel trilogy to the Sequel trilogy. Or, and call me crazy, you could acknowledge this is a new trilogy will new leading characters.
The difference is the good guys at the end of the prequels lost so it makes a lot more sense.

Now do the same for characters from the Prequel trilogy to the Sequel trilogy. Or, and call me crazy, you could acknowledge this is a new trilogy will new leading characters.

You mean like in literally that scene where Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda sit smiling with each other?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean literally the last scene of the final movie? You don't think they might have a happy ending in store for Episode IX? It's like judging the OT at the end of ESB and complaining it's a Debbie Downer.

Not without breaking lore, like allowing Han or Leia to come back as ghosts... An ability that does not come naturally and has to be studied and honed.

Sent from mTalk

You mean like in literally that scene where Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda sit smiling with each other?

And where is Obi-Wan and Anakin in the ~30 years since ROTJ?

Where the hell are they? What was their role with the new Jedi academy? Were they there for Luke? For guidance and support? Where was Yoda?

Where they in communication with Ben? Did Anakin have anything to say to his grandson about his hero worship of Vader?

Where were these guys when the Snoke threat emerged?

Not even one attempt to try and explain any of this. But it’s all okay. Yoda can now control the weather, and Canto Bight was only 12 minutes.

So all is well.

It's sort of like the silencing of sky news at railways, that's when we head down the track of all your news and all your opinions being programmed by centralised companies of a very few, usually in the form of the far left and the over conservative. (the very rich/wealthy)
Super off topic, but Sky News is owned by News Corp, which in my mind represents the idea of the centralized news company you are concerned about here.

Last edited:
Disney should acknowledge this instead of wheeling out Billy Dee Williams for what is probably going to be a glorified cameo because they're terrified of losing the nostalgia demographic.

Hmm. 9 months later, nope. Still garbage. If anything they're getting worse.

Will try not to let TLJ ruin TFA. However, I suspect, like for myself, for many the ST will fall into irrepairable mediocrity like a bad period of Bond movies.

This film will still suck in 20 years. No doubt in my mind.

GoT crew, your movies are LFLs only hope.

You mean literally the last scene of the final movie? You don't think they might have a happy ending in store for Episode IX? It's like judging the OT at the end of ESB and complaining it's a Debbie Downer.
How about, I dunno, obi Wan and Yoda being together in episode 5? Anakin and Obi Wan fighting in episode 4?

Dude...

It think Jack must have been apart of the writing team for the ST. Porting over every story beat from the originals but forgetting the context on which those beats work.

Last edited:
This is an interesting angle on the film!

Legitimately the biggest wank I've ever seen in my life.

You can make up any ridiculous theory about Star Wars and if you overanalyse the movies enough you'll find ways to support it (check out the film Room 237 about The Shining for instance).

As for the suggestion that the writer's intent has no bearing on what's created... yeah I'm not buying that one.

TLJ isn't about how difficult life is for white males, omg...

This is an interesting angle on the film!

That was the most unique review of the Last Jedi I’ve heard. A bit brutal in parts, but interesting take on how the writers and producers made a movie about their own, and societal, sub-conscious biases. Unbeknown to even themselves. Sure they consciously put in their so-called subversive ideas, but the greater story was the sub-conscious biases. Thanks for that.

Legit mind-blowing that people still maintain Luke "tried to kill" Kylo :drunk:

I know right. Walking into a kid's bedroom with a weapon, and priming said weapon, is just how people say hi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back